The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

So I'm half way through S3, not a huge fan of where they have gone with it tbh.
Fully Soviet, Red Army Choir playing baddies with AKs, openly talking Russian in the middle of cold war '80s USA :rolleyes: ffs.
Throw in a bit of 'its ok to do torture as long as its US law enforcement', its clear this season got a bunch of backing from the propaganda fund :no:

Side point: a thing that I remember from the first two Series & which stuck out again is bits of the dialogue uses phrases that are 90s or 00ies not '80s eg the bit where 11 is robbing the store with the gang in S2, the line about the stock being insured & the billionaires who own the chain won't be affected.
Nobody really talked about billionaires like that in the '80s, it would have been millionaires or multi-millionaires but that line is basically lifted straight out of Pulp Fiction or similar mid-late '90s movie.

The 80s vibe of the show has always been a bit superficial, glitzy and sanitized. It's "I know what that is" - the tv show. A kid back then most likely wouldn't have owned a The Thing poster. That film was a giant, critically panned box office bust no-one cared about back in the early eighties. The boys are also way too nice to each other. The It remaked painted a much less idealized and much more convincing picture of that era in that regard. Credit where credit is due, though: Phoebe Cates probably did have life-changing effects on many boys from the eighties.

ST:S1 was indeed a piece of art on its own, and probably the right decision artistically would have been to leave it there. The follow-ups are mainly powered by nostalgia. But I can't deny the fuzzy feeling I get from the atmosphere.

I was afraid that Millie Bobby Brown might have lost some of her authenticity growing up but IMO she still pulls off the role convincingly. Most of the others seem to have improved their acting. Liking S3 much more than S2 so far; saving the last episode for tomorrow.

A Snowpiercer TV show is coming out on TBS apparently. Looks good, I'm hoping to enjoy that as I liked the movie and the concept.

I watched the first one and really liked it, have the rest (and an Amazon Prime subscription, no lectures please. :p) just haven't had the time yet. Definitely my next watch, I've been waiting for it to come out. :D

I watched the first one and really liked it, have the rest (and an Amazon Prime subscription, no lectures please. :p) just haven't had the time yet. Definitely my next watch, I've been waiting for it to come out. :D
I'm half-way through the eight episode first series and really enjoying it. I Iike the simple premise of superheroes being as flawed as the rest of humankind. The Boys delivers on what Hancock hints at, minus the happy ending :yes:

I really hope the second half of the series is as good and that it gets picked up for second season.

Like a lot of folks I was having heavy superhero fatigue given the amount of movies and TV series but this feels genuinely different and fresh.

I'm undecided, being only 2 episodes in, but it has Katee Sackhoff in it.

It's really bad

It's far better than Rim of the World.

They need better writers. They needed to have written other characters to counter-balance the one strong main character. All the others seem disposable. Maybe that's what they're going for. It seems like it's only about going from one disaster to another in the least amount of time with total lack of character development.

I'll watch it all regardless, but it's no Altered Carbon or Lost in Space.

I think Episode 4 of Another Life is better than the first 3. Hoping it builds up more.

That or I've gotten used to it so it doesn't register if it is bad.

I think Episode 4 of Another Life is better than the first 3. Hoping it builds up more.

That or I've gotten used to it so it doesn't register if it is bad.
good luck man you are entering uncharted waters :D

I still have a few episodes left. It has potential. It could have been better, but it could have been far far worse. I would like to see another season, with some adjustments. At the very least, it's better than all the network shows on The CW network, except for iZombie which is top notch comedy entertainment.

Oh, and it's easier to watch than DC Universe's Swamp Thing. That series I couldn't make it past 3 episodes.

This could be rather interesting. Can go crazy with animation effects for the story whilst using mocap (or whatever they're using) for the actors.

Whoa feels like life is strange the movie with a hint of "broken sword" art (forgot which series)

Back