The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by London-boy, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Sigfried1977

Veteran

The 80s vibe of the show has always been a bit superficial, glitzy and sanitized. It's "I know what that is" - the tv show. A kid back then most likely wouldn't have owned a The Thing poster. That film was a giant, critically panned box office bust no-one cared about back in the early eighties. The boys are also way too nice to each other. The It remaked painted a much less idealized and much more convincing picture of that era in that regard. Credit where credit is due, though: Phoebe Cates probably did have life-changing effects on many boys from the eighties.

digitalwanderer likes this.
  2. WhiningKhan

Newcomer

ST:S1 was indeed a piece of art on its own, and probably the right decision artistically would have been to leave it there. The follow-ups are mainly powered by nostalgia. But I can't deny the fuzzy feeling I get from the atmosphere.

I was afraid that Millie Bobby Brown might have lost some of her authenticity growing up but IMO she still pulls off the role convincingly. Most of the others seem to have improved their acting. Liking S3 much more than S2 so far; saving the last episode for tomorrow.

BRiT likes this.
  3. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

A Snowpiercer TV show is coming out on TBS apparently. Looks good, I'm hoping to enjoy that as I liked the movie and the concept.

BRiT likes this.