The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Watched episode 1 last night and wow indeed, this is going to be a fun series!

I had serious superhero fatigue but went through the 8 episodes of The Boys season 1 without fatigue over the weekend. Good premise, great cast, great production values and I was borderline shocked at a couple of points. So visceral, no holds barred.

Please come for a second season. :yes:

The most recent episode of Legion really tripped me out when the "good guy" confronted the "bad guy" and "fought". :|

One thing I truly love about this show, it never fails to surprise me somehow. :love:

Just finished The Boys - wow. Amazing show.
Another one that just "WOWED!" me! I agree it's fantastic, I was thinking of grabbing the graphic novels yesterday, they put them in to two massive collections. The Boys Omnibus Vol. 1 & The Boys Omnibus Vol. 2, which are available on Amazon and I don't even make monies for linking to 'em. It will slightly assuage my guilt since I downloaded them while typing this post since I regretted not doing it yesterday though... :p

SMOOCHIE-WOOCHIES!!!!

EDITED BITS: Ok, so it took me a whole lot longer to type the post than to grab them. They're only 660MB each or so and my connection speed is downright scary even for me! Hate having to pay an extra $50us/mos for unlimited bandwidth, but without it I can't even imagine what our monthly bill would be! Ok, the last time I crunched the numbers over a year ago it was about $200-$800/mos extra with the amount of bandwidth over their cap we average...but it's only gotten faster/gone up since then. I know a lot of people hate on Comcast, and with damned good reasons, but they've actually been very good to me and mine. I only complain about the price now, which is insanely high but we definitely get what we pay for out of it. :)

EDITED BITS II: Yes, this is what happens for the first hour after my ADHD meds kick in...I become a babbling idiot. <sigh>

Last edited:
Oh, london boy you never learn do you ;)
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I can't believe I wasted my reply being serious! 10 points Dav, and I didn't spit coffee on my screen but that's only because I turned my head in time and blew it all over my dog who I now have to take out back and have swim in the pool to get the coffee off her. (Srsly!)

dunno how I missed it first time around in 2015, but just had a brilliant time watching the 6 episode "river", starring Stellan Skarsgård and nicola walker.

Its a brilliant piece of police thriller and personal crisis rolled into one, I highly recommend it for anyone else that missed it.

So, after hearing all the comments here about "The Boys" I just started it, and I have to say it is living up to the hype so far. And they did it the right way, with new IP "Heroes." I would have reacted quite negatively if they had used any established superheroes from any of the various superhero universes.

But since it's all original, it comes across as fresh rather than just trying to deliberately subvert the genre for shocks.

The ending of episode 1, damn. I can't wait until I have the time to continue the series.

Regards,
SB

I'm not really sure I'd call Homelander, Queen Maeve, The Deep, or A-Train "original" lol

Back