Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Possible title: Assassin's Creed Dynasty.

Possible prototype screenshot:
ac-dynasty.jpg
https://powerup-gaming.com/2018/04/30/assassins-creed-dynasty-greece-rumour/

From the pictures I have seen so far it looks more like an Add-On.

Menu, mechanics, optics are very similar. Nevertheless, I'll wait and see.

Well, it's not like AC Brotherhood and Revelations were not succesful...

Revelation was tired and dull! Brotherhood had the whole 'look, Rome!" thing going on for me. The RPG thing in Odyssey look like it might make it interesting, despite it looking like Origins v1.5.

I've not played Assassin's Creed since Unity, which I thoroughly enjoyed enough to play it twice. I skipped Syndicate and Origins' setting just didn't appeal but Odyssey has crept up out of nowhere and is out on 5th October. Having watched a a few impressions videos, this game is appealing to me in a way Origins did not - Greece just appeals so much more than Egypt.

I think I'm in. Possibly even day one. Then I'll have three weeks to complete it before RDR2. :nope:

Oh dear.

edit: three weeks, not two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Origin's Roman empire Egypt is actually a really good setting. I'd really recommend giving it a go, but it looks like they've copied it for Odyssey. Just without the pyrimids. :D
I agree, the setting didn't appeal to me at all from reveal to release, I'm just not that interested in Egyptian themes, but once the reviews and retail game impressions got out, I gave it a try and boy, was I wrong to almost pass the game up.

Back