XBox One Backwards Compatibility and Xbox One X Enhancements for X360 and OG (XO XOX BC)

Big update today from Inside Xbox on Original Xbox backwards compatibility adds 19 more games!

From https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/04/10/backward-compatibility-april-update/

List of new Original Xbox BC games release dates

April 17th
  • Blinx: The Time Sweeper
  • Breakdown
  • Conker: Live & Reloaded
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • Hunter: The Reckoning
  • Jade Empire
  • Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • SSX 3

April 26
  • Destroy All Humans!
  • Full Spectrum Warrior
  • Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
  • MX Unleashed
  • Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory (Europe only)
  • Star Wars: Battlefront
  • Star Wars: Battlefront II
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  • Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
  • Star Wars: Republic Commando

Last edited:
Very awesome. Some great OG titles.
Although I wish they could add enhancements for them like they do with 360 games. Specifically, moving the fog distance out in Mercenaries and Morrowind would help both those games a lot.
Also, I wonder if the GOTY version of Morrowind is included. It was a completely separate game disc since DLC wasn't a major thing back then. I have both verions, but it would be nice to have access to Bloodmoon again.
Breakdown is probably OG's best "hidden gem".

RDR in 4K far surpassed my expectations here

even downsampled 1080p looking great here

really shocked at this technique they are doing here with the X1X. Code hasn't changed. It's quite a marvel

wow. in motion
lol

god damn, okay time to install it gotta see this on LG B7.
update: wow that's extremely impressive. really shocked at the clarity hear and the texture work. The 4K and the 16xAF really putting in the work here to bring out the art.

Last edited:
RDR looks absolutely sensational. I recently picked this up on my X and remember how it looked pre-enhancement. The clarity is astounding.

I really hope New Vegas is enhanced at some point. Oblivion and Fallout 3 have patches so I assume it's possible.

Yea. I made a choice and basically bought x360 for mass effect. And I was too lazy to restart on PC where there was much higher resolution.

I don’t normally request things, but X1X enhanced ME 1-3 would drive me for another play through easily.

Omg i've got to get a copy of orta and conker now! I bet they look better than a ton of games this gen on the X.

Now just do jet set future, otogi and outrun and i'm good :)

wow. in motion
lol

god damn, okay time to install it gotta see this on LG B7.
update: wow that's extremely impressive. really shocked at the clarity hear and the texture work. The 4K and the 16xAF really putting in the work here to bring out the art.

This screenshot is from RDR 2.

Graphically RDR from 2010 on the Xbox One X reminds me of Witcher III which does not speak that well for Witcher III as a 2015 game. RDRs wide vegetation range and the high density of vegetation was very impressive for a console game of that time.

I found the single player much better than the one of GTA V.

Last edited:
I wonder if future machines can do the same with current games at 900p/1080p/1440p. And if an X game is using dynamic resolution, but not to 4K, i.e. to 1800p for instance, if it can be locked to 4K in future machines without touching game code.

I wonder if future machines can do the same with current games at 900p/1080p/1440p. And if an X game is using dynamic resolution, but not to 4K, i.e. to 1800p for instance, if it can be locked to 4K in future machines without touching game code.
fairly positive this would be an easier lift than what they've had to accomplish with making 360 X1X Enhanced variants.

With the way MS operates, and having BC as part of their contracts go forward, they do encourage developers to use dynamic resolution for particularly to address your scenario.

I wonder if any of the OG titles that included some form of AA (Shenmue2, Bloodwake, PGR2, perhaps a couple more) will ever hit XBO/XBX backwards compatibility. And, if so, if there will be any visual irregularities from re-rendering those games at much higher resolutions. Rights shouldn't be an issue with Shenmue 2. Microsoft published the game and they already had BC rights once on the 360. That emulated version stunk, though. Missing AA and broken features. I think AA was also turned off in the 360 emulation of PGR2.
Is there any reason to think that Original Xbox antialiasing functionality is incompatible with whatever Microsoft is doing to render these games at higher resolutions on XBO?

Back