The Last Guardian (Trico, Ico 3, Shadow of the Colossus sequel, etc.) [PS4]

I am planning to replay it once again when I move to HDR TV [hopefully this summer]. But I'm not rushing to replay it. I'll maybe try to time it before next game from Ueda comes out.

So... in 5 years. :D

And also, IMO, Trico is a mutated cat. Not a dog. :D

I am planning to replay it once again when I move to HDR TV [hopefully this summer]. But I'm not rushing to replay it. I'll maybe try to time it before next game from Ueda comes out.

So... in 5 years. :D

And also, IMO, Trico is a mutated cat. Not a dog. :D

It's beautiful, it definitely has its spectacular moments with HDR, but you'll find much better examples of HDR in other games.

I just noticed that they modeled even the privates on Trico...anus and.....she looks like a female

So what gender do we reckon Trico to be? Personally, I imagine female because of how cuddly she is.

That, and the lack of a massive, swinging griffin todger. Although I take milk's point that it needn't have one to be male.

From the collector book about the game:

"Trico's model is made up of 47 253 polygons, excluding its plumage. The plumage (20 420 feathers) is made of an additional 337 691 polygons."

That’s a lot of geometry, and even crazier to think that

SPOILERS!

There are so many on screen at the same time at the end of the game, all looking the same with the plumage. Not that the frame rate is very stable but when I saw that I thought my PS4 would blow up in a million pieces.

Last edited:
Back