Battlefield 1

The "hack" group is called Poodle something. They're basically just trolling, I guess. Same as every other ddos. Just people doing it for notoreity or because they can.

Oh man, this game is good. The assault kit with the shotgun is so great. Also, there was a bug where you could go to the battlefield 1 page, login and customize your loadouts online, and it would let you buy all of the locked guns. I bought this lmg that has a sniper scope on it and a bipod. The thing is just amazing. These people are wondering how I'm cutting them down from range. Poor fools and their weapon restrictions.

I tried it...seemed kinda awesome! Holy smokes the music! The animation! The grand theatre! I know I'm not going to switch games from Destiny but...

I cant talk about it from a nuts and bolts gameplay impression since I've not played a lot of BF. Just on the surface seemed kinda cool.

However I kept being killed from behind, usually by some sniper type rifle called the Marksman, while my guy had some pathetic submachine gun with no range. On GAF I read snipers are overpowered. Yeah.

On Xbox One I did not notice the 720P blurriness too bad at all. Whereas I definitely have in a few games like Doom, Battlefront, etc.

It took me a while to get back into moving correctly. Basically you have to sprint cover to cover, and duck or go prone immediately if there's any chance you're going to get domed. Lots of snipers will miss their shots as long as you're sprinting. Sometimes it's best to just find a new route to get to where you want to go, if you're in snipe city.

A few other tips for new BF players:
Use RB/R1 to spot enemies. It'll highlight them for other players. I pretty much spot anyone I shoot at unless they're up close and they see me. Up close, it's risky. Just kill them. Spotting enemies earns you extra points if they get killed.

Use RB to issue objective orders if you're the squad leader. Just point at an objective and hit RB. The game will issue an attack/defend order for your squad. If you complete it, you get more points. Defend orders basically ask you to hold an objective for 1 minute, and after the minute is up you get points as long as you haven't lost the objective. Attack gives you points for capping or destroying objectives. You can earn a lot of score quickly. You're squad leader just has to remember to do it.

Looks fantastic on PS4, even better than Battlefront somehow.

The TAA makes a huge difference in making it look much more cinematic and less game like. It's great that we've found the holy grail of low cost, great quality AA.

Also, the HUD is a lot more minimal this game and soldiers are harder to spot and distinguish between friend and foe - which I like as it rewards players with a keen eye and is great when you play a more stealth based style like myself.

I am wondering about a few things, only played a few games:

1. If you fire your weapon, do you appear on the map as in previous titles? Or do you only appear on the map when you are spotted?

2. How do you increase your look speed (when not aiming down the sights)? As currently it's way too slow and hard to check if someone's tailing you.

holy molly! the auto aim in this game is insane! you even can follow enemy movement that runs BEHIND and object!
i like it though. It make me finally able to shoot somebody as an infantry in a console battlefield game lol.

the attack plane feels like crap though. It hits so little, its armor is like a paper.
the train is awesome. the horses is nice albeit a bit hard to get used to. the tank also as good as the usual tank in BF.

the destruction is inconsistent (maybe they are still balancing it?)

hmm. I never liked BF series infantry battle except on BFBC1&2. BF1 is closer to BFBC2 than BF3 and BF4 but BF1 is still too annoying for me.

huh. maybe ill wait for it to get discounted next year.

Had a lot of fun riding in someone's tank !
BTW, how does one destroy a plane! There are no stingers in here. I just find myself helplessly running away !

Haven't found out the mechanics yet but the g ame is fun for sure. One needs to learn though, which is a good sign as far as i am concerned.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

DICE!! You are wizards!!!!!!
BF1 runs at 80 fps on my utter shit PC with Radeon HD 7770 1GB (yups! only 1 GB VRAM).

sure i put everything on LOW. But i still able to use TAA and it looks fabulous!
i also can ALT TAB just fine :D

Btw PC players are much more skilled than PS4 players in my experience playing back and forth. On PS4 there's so many "run and gun" and sniper camper. But on PC there's so many people (properly) using airplanes, using tank to snipe, taking vantage point, hearing your footsteps, etc.

On PC it feels really like a battlefield with so many things going on. on PS4 hmm, sure it looks like battlefield but why so little player properly use tanks and airplanes.... and why so many campers :(

Yeah ...had a match on pc and it definitely feels more BF there and more guys playing rather than running around sightseeing ..lol.
Its weird , this divide was there on bfbc2 too but b3d ,when i mwntioned this feeling back then, just said that its probably just in my head. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

I find playing on Xbox, there's a lot of people that don't really get how to play. They don't seem to focus on objectives very well. That said, it is improving. During the first days rush matches were ending in minutes. Now they're much more hotly contested. There are still too many people who are afraid to get killed that stay a little too far from the objectives. Overall though, the matches are getting better and better as people learn the weapons, kits and map strategy. Having a ton of fun playing. Put more time into this beta map than I do into some games. Looking forward to the full game. At this point, it's an automatic buy, unless some really bad signals pop up at launch. I'd never put a totally fucked up launch past Dice, but they did much better with Battlefront, at least on console.

The core game is better than BF4 but the actual product is close to being as buggy and still has annoyances carried over.

Last night I had 3 times where the tank I was driving just disappeared, dropping me and my passengers wherever. Spotting is a mess, unpredictable. Lag compensation makes it so that you appear to get one shotted while you sink endless bullets into the enemy player. You can acrobatically jump through a tiny window but can't climb over a small dirt ledge. The game relies heavily on squad mechanics but never migrates squad leader around if the current leader isn't choosing objectives. I had sound stop during one match. There seems to be memory leaks or something similar that causes the client to become unresponsive the more you play it (obvious when you try to enter the options menu after playing a while). Pressing right to drop a med kit or ammo pack 80% of the time triggers the gas mask as well. Invert y-axis is not consistently applied (broken for the larger tank as far as I could tell). Server browser shows what looks suspiciously like the BF4 mess of broken servers with 0 people playing, seems like the servers need to be rebooted a LOT.

I definitely have a reasonable list of bugs I've encountered. Have had a couple of vehicles disappear on me. Some of the contextual 'X' button prompts on Xbox One will trigger reload first. Some oddities with climbing/vaulting. Haven't noticed much in the way of obvious lag issues. You can turn on the netgraph under gameplay->advanced->netgraph->show. Everything looks good for me, and I don't have issues with hit detection. Pressing start to bring up the menu is basically f'ed. Every once in a while it works, but normally the menu takes 10 seconds to come up and then button presses won't actually respond for another 15 or 20 seconds. No issues with servers at all, except on the ddos day. Haven't had a server crash or anything. Quickmatch seems to work quite well. Never really check the server browser.

Overall, for a beta with probably old code, I'd expect most of these things will be ironed out before launch. Only one I'm a bit suspicious of is the climbing/vaulting, because I was recently playing BF4 and it has the same issue.

I just fell through th emap once and a vehicle I was shooting at plain disappeared with anyone who was in it. I guessed the MGS V Survive abomination sucked them up through its portal and carried on on my horse spree !

in the control options you can adjust vertical and horizontal speed, as well as aiming speed as a separate slider.

Thanks, managed to find it finally.

It's interesting that they allow you to change your FOV on console as that will give you an advantage over players who leave it at the default 50 deg, I have it set at 75 deg, what are you guys using? The higher settings cause distortion which I don't like.

Since you don't appear on the map when shooting anymore, does anyone know what role the suppressor attachment plays in the game?

Back