Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's definitely not something ground breaking in this area, but still nice looking (applied to the whole environment) and it is dynamic depending on where you stand although it is clearly bleeding through objects as you can see that jeep there.

Best playthrough I've seen so far, this guy knows what he's doing, almost completed a full stealth run in the combat section

And it's at 60 fps to better represent how the final game looks at a 60hz monitor

Wow, visually definitely stunning !

THe game isn't 60 fps, they dropped that long ago.

PS4k shots;)?
1459775132-uncharted-4-a-thief-s-e-57024d2d7791d.jpg

1459775155-uncharted-4-a-thief-s-e-57024d3445729.jpg

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/14/1459775422-uncharted-4-a-thief-s-e-57024d294fc8e.jpg
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/14/1459775410-uncharted-4-a-thief-s-e-57024d23012a5.jpg
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/14/1459775134-uncharted-4-a-thief-s-e-57024d2476d58.jpg
This is one serious armpit sweating good looking game.

Graphics look so hot, they look 16bit!!

(Obscure reference to an old NES 8bit game marketing ads)

Last edited:
LOD and asset streaming: Very limited pop-in, detail is not completely lost at a distance and it's barely noticeable during gameplay, one of the very best implementations of lod to date imo, makes the game look a whole lot better as a result. Examples: Example 1, Example 2, Example of lod not working on animals at a distance (lower priority) as noted by Starx
http://abload.de/img/lod2s5j0k.jpg
LOD doesn't seem harsh when you look down at the immediate area but as soon as you look forward, things are different: http://abload.de/img/environments29qk9n.jpg

Volumetric lighting: Much improved from E3 and PSX, volumetric lighting in U4 seems to be fairly high res and it looks nice overall. Example
That's just typical screen-space god rays.

Finally a game other than BF is doing this.

Wouldn't screen space god rays break if the main light source is occluded though? (the sun in this case) look at 15:07 in this video for example

Lots of similar previews of the Madagascar driving level out there but PlayStation Access are one of the few who play Uncharted 4 different to Uncharted 3, i.e. actually using the rope for traversal and combat and allowing the game to show off improved friendly AI behaviour.

Looking good.:yep2: 6:20 in is where they tackle the armed tower. I sure hope they have silenced weapons in the game.

Looking good.:yep2: 6:20 in is where they tackle the armed tower. I sure hope they have silenced weapons in the game.

I was thinking the same thing myself, this tower already looks similar to MGSV in structure, i'd love if they added silenced weapons to make stealth more viable (don't make them OP though).

Naughty Dog is taking it too far with the water shadows.
Also the huge chunks of mud which are stuck on the tyres sometimes.
The image quality is too clean for a game with such big environments. The lighting also belongs in small, linear corridor based shooters, like QB or the Order.

Also it's really arrogant that they don't allow fat drake in the game anymore. A lot of gamers are fat and obese. They have to play with an athletic muscular character like Drake? Myself I can really identify with the character, but I know a lot of gamers can't. Naughty dog should accept that gamers come in a lot of different sizes.

The quote is ridiculous "We are beyond such jokes, we've grown up and don't want to offend people" or somesuch. Sorry to break it to you ND but literally 99.9% of the jokes are offensive is some way or form to other people, heck by that logic you can even offend yourself by making fun of yourself. And in the end, isn't it just as offensive to obese people if you take doughnut drake out of the game? I really hate this line of thinking, it's just goes round and round and never actually reaches a point. Better to say "it didn't match our vision of the game and that's why it had to go", makes more sense and less arguing about political correctness...

Sorry to break it to you ND but literally 99.9% of the jokes are offensive is some way or form to other people
I don't mean any offence but I think this is more indicative of your sense of humour than theirs.

I don't mean any offence but I think this is more indicative of your sense of humour than theirs.

I think you didn't get what i meant there, i don't mean that offensive jokes are necessarily funny. Rather, that any joke can be offensive to any number of people. You can never satisfy everyone in that regard. Removing doughnut drake makes little sense with their reasoning imo.

Rather, that any joke can be offensive to any number of people.
O/T so my last post on this but plenty of jokes are inoffensive unless you're a chicken who can't cross a road or who needs to knock twice to get through a door. Are there offensive variations? Sure.

O/T so my last post on this but plenty of jokes are inoffensive unless you're a chicken who can't cross a road . Are there offensive variations? Sure.

I understand where you're coming from but not everyone takes jokes in the same way. To illustrate my point:
or who needs to knock twice to get through a door

This could very well be considered offensive to some well mannered people who grew up learning to live that way. And this is why I think this line of thinking goes nowhere "we grew up, we don't offend people now". And such statements in official interviews are only going to start arguments that shouldn't be happening in the first place. I.e. doing anything might be offensive to some people, bringing it up as a reason to exclude features previously included in the games is just weird. They even had doughnut drake specific trophies in the Nathan Drake Collection recently and included the skin in the first game(which wasn't there in the original)...

Last edited:
They're telling me they had no problem with this only months ago
donutdrakei2k0r.jpg

And now they "grew up"? Sorry if i don't buy BS but that is exactly that.

And now they "grew up"? Sorry if i don't buy BS but that is exactly that.

Speculate on why they removed it. It's certainly not lack of technical capability or licensing. I can't think of a single reason it's absent other than they decided they didn't want it in there.

If you don't buy them removing it because them decided, now, that it may be considered offensive, what do you think the real reason is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back