Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

new U1 gameplay demo

they also confirmed 1 disc release on twitch, and I think I also spotted some frame drop in the cut scene so could they really be doing everything in real time now? Also there seems to be SSAO now for U1, at least in the cut scenes.

http://www.twitch.tv/naughtydog/v/16024633

The archived stream

Also they sort of announced TLOU 2 "The first The Last of Us... Wait, did i just say the first TLOU?" haha

Also that moment when they switch users in the dev kit and there's one friend "playing" Uncharted 4...
capturek7ydg.png

Edit: Also seems like there's a motion blur option for those that do not want it enabled

Last edited:
Cinematics feel kinda weird at 60fps. Gameplay's better, but... that 'motion blur' is kinda bad...

Cinematics feel kinda weird at 60fps. Gameplay's better, but... that 'motion blur' is kinda bad...
I think its more because of the Jak and Daxter like animations in the cutscenes. This makes you realise how far ND had progressed with UC2 and then 3. These animations look totally cartoony and ps2 like now, when compared to UC2 and 3. But as soon as the gameplay kicks in, it still has the same charm.

Can't wait to play them all again!

At 60fps?? With no visible compression artifacts??? Doubt it.

All on a single dual-layer BD disk ? I wonder, unless you end up with an install size of e.g. ~100 GB in total for all 3 games. Imagine
even the digital distribution.

yeah, if it turns out like MCC where you download like another 30 gigs that is going to be retarded. Rather if they make it 3 25GB disc for each games and have a slick packaging. Maybe only U1 got real time cut scenes it can probably be compress down to less than 10 GB, then they got 40 gigs for the other 2. HEVC may help also.

All on a single dual-layer BD disk ? I wonder, unless you end up with an install size of e.g. ~100 GB in total for all 3 games. Imagine
even the digital distribution.
I fully expect a lot of the assets to be shared between the games. I'm sure a lot of textures were redone from U1 thru U2 thru U3 but which use a single texture asset in the remaster. Ditto sound effects, music scores, models, animations etc etc.

Am I going to get be nauseated by Uncharted after playing the 3 games in a row?

BTW, approximately how long is each game?

I meant by migrating to a larger HDD. Hopefully Sony might consider allowing external HDD for storage.

This was very shortsighted of you. I bought and installed a bigger HDD on day one of getting my PS4 because it was inevitable that Konami would end up being dicks and fire Kojima and cancel his horror project leaving only the demo which they then wouldn't allow to be downloaded again, even if you had it originally.

How did you not see that coming!?! :runaway:

Aaaaaand another trailer..

UNCHARTED: The Nathan Drake Collection (10/9/2015) - Life of a Thief | PS4

Beta in December... interesting, i expected them to announce that at PGW, i guess that where we'll get our trailer. Can't wait to dive into that, and plat the whole collection of course :p

Back