Diablo III - It's official

What's wrong with rooster helmet!?? :love:

The last part of Seasons is that they are completely separate achievements so you can go through from scratch getting all the same achievements as well as some Seasons specific ones. Those points (and any achievements you didn't have) carry over into the normal game when the season ends.

Achieves will be unique for each season that passes? Meh, that's obnoxious...! :p

I did the "complete act in >60mins" one the day before first season ended, that will probably be the last season chieve I ever bother to actively hunt, lol. :) I'd rather spend my time on my main characters and expand their paragon levels and so on.

Finally upgraded my PainEnhancer gem to lvl 25.

I changed my jewel of poison to this. I furthermore replaced my rain of toads to addling toads skill (seem to cast a little less fetish, but it seems to me that the mimic appear more often).

Found a better Jade armor piece and replaced it.

With this and paragon at about 170, I can do Rift runs and Bounty missions on T6 quite good. Only a certain combination of mob and dungeon (if it is narrow, it is sometimes difficult to run away) kills me.

Overall quite cool. I am farming rifts now to get those trial stones to test out which Grift lvl I can reach...

I somehow accidently made my character worse and I can't remember what I did and why this is so...I have only 12.8mill toughness...and it shows :(

I have to be careful with a few of my characters and their stats. For instance my Wizard's stats only show their true worth when standing still, while my Barbarian is built around keeping in motion and gems staying powered up. Sitting in Tristram standing still my Barb's stats are quite pathetic.

Played some more. I improved my character a lot now: T6 is unproblematic. I only die when I am stupid.

I did change to pile on indtead of acid cloud.

Idid change to horrify instead of mass confusion.

I did change to spiderqueen instead of rain of toads. I constantly spam spiderqueen: at first, this seems stupid...but it seems that this procs the mimics of my grin reaper mask a lot.

I still try to get a socket on my ring :(

Grift lvl 29 is the max atm.

Ok, so here is my own build which I am using at the moment. Btw, I also found all the stuff you need for a Jade Nuke build (Jade set+Quetazotl mask or what it is called), but this seems to be quite overpowered when I tried it out (elites on T6 die in one, or two 'hits'). I prefer the build I have as it offers a lot more micromanagement.

Most important item so far: The Grin Reaper Mask. If you find it, use it. With the right skills, it boosted me 2-3 Torment levels as it is so strong. By chance, the mask turns you into a skeleton and summons two other mimics. These have basically access to all of your chosen skills (not entirely true, as they can only use part of them). The best thing about the mimics: they are not mana limited, and other limitations don't count for them as well, as e.g. the number of spider queens they can cast simultaneously. Internet says, that they use always the lower weapon damage stat (so try to get a weapon with low weapon damage as high as possible to maximise the effect of the mimics).

The Grandeur ring which decreases the set piece requirement by one (unfortunately you need still at least two parts of the set).

I also choose to use the Zuni set to keep my fetish army constantly alive. This helps especially, when I die. Because otherwise, the battles are really difficult to win as all my pets are gone.

I also choose three pieces of Jade, to get the 4 set piece bonus, which gives me some mana regen.

I have the Cord of the Sherma, which is a neat legendary belt, with a special attack that I will explain later.

As a weapon I have the devils tongue, which gives 20% elite damage and the zuni mojo in the other hand.

I also have 15% damage increase for zombie charger, and 11% increase of damage for FA.

My main stats when standing still is about 930k damage and about 14.4 million toughness.

Skills:

Spider Queen: as a primary. I spam it all the time. It doesn't really make sense, as only 1 Queen can be alive for you. But, this skill procs the mimics a lot...this is what you really want. The best thing: the mimics can cast more than one at the same time. After a few seconds, all screen is covered with spiders. And an army of spider queens does a great amount of damage.

Pirhanado: great crowd control, great damage buff of 15%. I also found the bruisers arm armour, which gives an additional damage buff to mobs caught in the Pirhanado. The mimics cast this as well, help crowd control even more.

Horrify: I like it better that mass confusion, as its cool down time is shorter. even elites are getting stunned. The rune I choose also boosts my armour considerable...so my toughness goes up to 17 or 18 million. Thus, during fighting, I have basically always this toughness. Mimics cast this to! It stuns enemies, but it does not trigger my armor.

Zombie Charger, Pile On: highest damage dealer skill of the WD imo. I also increases area damage a lot in the paragon levels and it helps a lot. Mimics spam it also and it just nukes everything. But, mana must be managed a lot. I have about 100 mana/s regen rate, so I can spam a few of those. Good thing: it combines very well with Prihanado: mobs are grouped together, just through in some Pile On nukes and everything turns into meat!

Spirit walk with health regen: saves my life and helps me to position right for the Pile On nuke.

Fetish army to get the constant fetish Zuni bonus.

Passives: Grave injustice to reduce cool down time, Pierce the Veil to increase damage by 20%. Again Fetish army...the spider queen triggers them not so much, but about 8 of them are on screen in a good battle and it helps. Bad Medicine. Bad Medicine will be explained in a second.

For my ring sockets, I choose jewellery of poison: does poison damage over time. poisoned mobs get a damage increase of 10%! This effect is triggered by spiders, mimics, horrify, fetish...basically everything, so a constant 10% damage increase. Now the reason why I choose Bad Medicine passive skill: poisoned mobs deal 20% less damage. Et voila, this combination gives a total of 10% damage increase you do and 20% damage decrease you receive as basically all mobs are poisoned on screen.

Last socket: trapped of the bane. Why does it combine so well: all crowd controlled enemies take (19%) more damage for a few seconds. As I stun enemies with Prihanado, Horrify and the special attack of my Belt (sends occasionally a chaos wave, which stuns enemies for 2 seconds) all combine such, that basically all enemies get this damage increase.

The only thing missing is Gogok legendary gem to increase my attack speed and decrease cool down time for Horrify. But it seems quite difficult to get a amulet with a socket which is good.

Playstyle: I just run in the middle of the mobs unleash Pirhanado, spam Pile On Zombies, hit Horrify and let the pets clean the rest :)
I all this build "The horrible but grinning Tank-Pet-Nuker" :)

Makes a lot of fun imo! T6 farming is easy. Grift of 28 at the moment, which I can bit with minutes left (but I am upgrading my gem atm, will test out the max Grift when I am done).

Try it out if you find a Grin Reaper mask.

I decided to get back into D3 today and logged on. It's been probly 6 or more months, so I barely remember anything!

Since it's been so long I started at T2. OMG it is super easy :D. In fact I haven't encountered an enemy yet that can make a visual impact on my health bar (IIRC I heal very quickly).

Gonna go back to T5 and get my noob ass handed to me! :cool:

Played some solo T4 last night which feels about right at this point. Nothing tough enough to kill me but not boring-easy either. T5 is a decent challenge and T6 is damn hard, especially given how rusty I am. And I have no clue at this point what I need to do to improve my build. Back to the drawing board :p

I will say that this fire/pet WD build is super fun to play. And the helmet I have that spawns skeleton mimics is insanely powerful.

Oh yeah this is my dude.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/homerdog-1559/hero/45371854

Any suggestions?

I'm playing a witch doctor in season 2 at the moment. I'm glad I had a couple of classes I'd never played as it gives me the opportunity to play something new having to effectively start from scratch. Having fun with her so far, level 31 and just finished Act 1.

Played some solo T4 last night which feels about right at this point. Nothing tough enough to kill me but not boring-easy either. T5 is a decent challenge and T6 is damn hard, especially given how rusty I am. And I have no clue at this point what I need to do to improve my build. Back to the drawing board :p

I will say that this fire/pet WD build is super fun to play. And the helmet I have that spawns skeleton mimics is insanely powerful.

Oh yeah this is my dude.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/homerdog-1559/hero/45371854

Any suggestions?

The grin reaper mask works very well with the spiderqueen...maybe replace firebomb with spiderqueen and see if it works...you should get a purple army :)

I also like Pirhanado better than your current rune.

I got bored now with my grin reaper build as I could farm T6 without sweat.

I finally found the tikiland mask...I'll try to rebuild my WD with this now. T6 is still easy mode...but Grifts are a bit difficult: I don't die...but can't kill fast enough so I couldn't finish Grift lvl 28...

Last edited:
Started my first hardcore toon, a female barb, and also made her a season 2 character. Legendaries are either much more generous today, period, or season/hardcore characters get some nice magic find boosts, not sure which. Because she's wearing 4 legendaries and my templar has a leg weapon, at level 23. When the game first launched I didn't see my first leg until I'd played through the entire game once.

Hm, I can't make the Tikiland mask to work really well. My Grin Reaper build is much stronger...I need to find a way to kill faster, the defense is really no problem with the Tikiland mask...

I think like everything it depends. For example I do loads of extra fire dmg and have extra dogs, so firedogs work great for me. Of course I also have a gargantuan who does fire dmg :cool:

I gave up on the fetishes though they can be devastating in high numbers with the right skills and (more importantly) gear. One of my favorite builds was when I had tons of minions at all times who shot poison darts in unison every time I did. Dartpocalypse!

I changed my WD to deal more damage. So I give up mass confusion which increases my armor and have now a slot for free. Either dogs or gargantuan...I need to try them out.

I can manage to finish Grift 29 in time such that I have a lvl 30 stone...but I think lvl 30 is a bit to tough atm.

I need more damage!

Ok, in the open slot, I tried Haunt (poison spirit).

And holy shit...I spam this all the time: it deals damage and increases damage by 20% when enemies are affected.

I realized that I got quite a bit stronger when I got a lvl 28 stone in the Grift trial.

I could now finish lvl 30 in time and have a shiny new lvl 31 grift stone :cool:

Back