Diablo III - It's official

Just so you know the difficulty rating you're on for torment levels has no bearing on greater rift difficulty. That is purely based on the grift level.
Thanks! I had the feeling that this is the case, but couldn't verify up to now! This explains why lvl 19 GR are autopilot even on T5 :)

How many GR are there?

I've decided to take a step off the stats grinding in Diablo 3 and orient myself more toward what's fun. So my holy shotgun crusader build got reversed back to the Capt America build, and my wizard's firebird has changed to a mixed Vyr and Tal Rasha build (both maxed out), with the wand of Woh. I've mixed dmg types so I can abuse the one passive that stacks against mobs taking different dmg types compared to everything being fire with the firebird build.

The crusader is definitely a lot more fun now, realized I really haven't played him since I got that holy shotgun build tweaked. Everything for that build centers around keeping his wrath fueled and just right-clicking to blast enemies. It's boring. It's also very very powerful when your primary attack is a constant 900+% dmg.

That is exactly what I also do...I have the equipment for a reasonable Jade WD/Nuke WD but I just love the grin reaper mask at the moment and I love to experiment which skills combine the best with the mimics...yesterday I changed my beloved spider queens to zombie bears to nuke away stuff...funny when me and two mimics fire some bears at the same time :)

I also changed lo bob rune to corpse bomb for my acid cloud skill...worked good, but not as good imo.

Furthermore, found a legendary healing potion...cool!

And last but not least, something very cool happened: I was killing a treasure goblin like in a standard situation. But after he died, a warp gate opened to the Land of Treasure: I went there...gems and gold all you want, even had a giant boss battle in the great treasure room against the queen of treasure goblings: I came back with several gems, 30mill more gold and a couple of legendaries!

How cool was that!

How many GR are there?
There's effectively no upper limit, although for practical purposes there will be one of course when monster health and damage numbers start overflowing the maximum limit processor registers can hold and so on... ;)

Also, from what I've read, only very few players can handle GRs above 50-something even on softcore, so there is the effective limit right now, with today's gear. Heh.

I got my Hexing pants of Mr Yan finally! Have another Maximus waiting for one day getting a Gift for the socket and of course now it's looking at Ancient versions of all the same equipment.

We're happy for you. :D

Had a ponyland goblin appear for my level 14 hardcore witch doctor, in the graveyard crypts of act 1. Never seen that before, heh.

ha ha ha, thanks!! D3 is crazy!!

But, no luck for my grinding at the moment...will try a bit more...

I tried out horrify instead of soul harvester. My mimics cast this as well and I have the feeling that they also stun the enemies. Good thing: horrify with the armour rune pushes my toughness to 17mill instead of only 15 mill when I use soul harvester...I am loosing a bit of bonus damage, but as long as I survive, my pets work for me :)

Also really like the zombie bears instead of the spiders...makes the beginning when I don't have pets around much easier and doable on hier Torment levels...

Where is my SMK!!!!!

Rather than focusing on my Barb for all gear, I farmed blood shards on him then spent them on my Wizard last night. In just 200 shards I managed to get 2 more pieces of my Firebird, totalling 4 now. 1 more piece and a RoRG and he can maybe start doing some real damage.

I am starting to level up the painenhancer gem.

But now i am using gogok (or so)...it increases my attack speed and I reallized that besides the nice damage bonus, this helps a lot to trigger fetish.

My problem is that when I change my gear to have 2 or more gems...my stats go down as the other rings with sockets are so bad :(

I was trying out a Arcane Star meteor build on my Wizard. Outputs some crazy damage with 50-100mil crits in an area and some really fast mana recovery from his primary. Will have to try him out in a party.

Played 5 Rifts (Act 1) on T6 and finished them.

I changed my open slot to mass confusion/paranoia. And this really seem to help a lot, as also the mimic cast this skill!

My stats are still 840damage and about 16mill toughness...but the last couple of days no luck with gear :(

Yeah! Got the zunimassa chest from kadala finally. My FA stay now! Cool! And I still have set 4 bonus from my Jade armor.

Some questions:

The standard Rifts do depend on the difficulty setting, right?

My personal feeling says, that the standard Rifts in Act 1 are simpler than in e.g. Act 5. Just a placebo?

Which GRift level corresponds to T5 and which to T6?

Thanks!

@Billy Idol
Yes, standard rifts use your current difficulty setting. GRifts are ~4 levels per torment level IIRC, meaning GRift 24 ~ T6.

Which act you start the rift from shouldn't matter the slightest, as the rift is randomized inside anyway.

Btw, after seasons ended my paragon level shot up to 399. I was hoping I'd hit well over 400, but the initial 168 paragon levels don't account to all that much exp on the whole it seems. :p (I was at like paragon 255ish already on non-season D3.)

Did some GRift 25s and gained several levels; exp income is very heavy. Also, over a million golds each rift - which is useful, since at least one of the endbosses 1shot me with every hit and broke much of my gear completely... :( Damn my demon hunter and his glass cannon ways! Only 5.5M toughness... Ugh.

Last edited:
I'm not sure seasons are in the console version (yet)? I don't really follow that. Seasons are a separate version of D3 where everything is identical however your character on the Seasons game cannot interact with your other characters (as far as vault and gold goes), and can only team with other characters in the season. There are unique Legendaries to each season which become available in the normal D3 once the season is over. The first season (which just ended) lasted around 5 months?

GRift 24 is probably around T5, I'd say 27-28ish would be equivalent to T6.

You also get two pieces of transmog-only equipment appearance for reaching max level (70) during the season on either soft or hardcore. That was my initial reason for playing season, but as I went along I noticed witch doctor was a really really fun class, so from early december up until season ended the other day I ended up playing it more hours than my much older demon hunter... Lol. :)

Btw, first season was helm and shoulders gear slots (helm looks like crap, IMO.) Seasons will alledgedly come to consoles Soon(TM). (Blizzard "Soon" is roughly same as Valve "Soon"s - with the difference that Blizzard actually releases games every now and then...)

Back