The Annual E3 discussion thread, 2014 edition

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
Here's the thread for discussing general E3 news and announcements and general interests (photos of a specific gender of game-demonstrators) not covered by the platform specific threads.

Just a comment. I wish they would ban CGI. Period. If you dont have a game to show using the actual assets from your game... you cant "show" it.

Just a comment. I wish they would ban CGI. Period. If you dont have a game to show using the actual assets from your game... you cant "show" it.
Out of curiosity, who is they? This was a Microsoft press conference put on at a venue they paid for, ergo they can do what they like. They could have had Phil Spencer play Hungry Hippos with Ken Lobb for 90 minutes if they wanted.

Out of curiosity, who is they? This was a Microsoft press conference put on at a venue they paid for, ergo they can do what they like. They could have had Phil Spencer play Hungry Hippos with Ken Lobb for 90 minutes if they wanted.

Good question. :LOL:

I consider "they" to be E3 or whoever the conference hosts are... Airtime will be dictated only by whether or not you have games to show... not CG movies.

Good question. :LOL:

I consider "they" to be E3 or whoever the conference hosts are... Airtime will be dictated only by whether or not you have games to show... not CG movies.
I think technically E3 starts on the Tuesday so the big Monday press conferences are the no holds barred, no rules, cage fighter bullshit events outside of E3 but scooped up by the media and press as part of E3 coverage.

I don't disagree by the way, I'd also much rather see gameplay than CG renditions of games.

Hmm, big announcement tonight about Far Cry 4..... Wonder what that could be.

Could it be PS4 exclusive, or exclusive content as is the usual UBISOFT/Sony way?

I think Ubisoft has already won the "Most Profanity" award of the convention. Someone needs to do a potty mouth edit of their conference.

=)

Cheers

UBI, they know how to put on a show.

Love the profanity, makes it more for me and not some punk kid lol

I think Ubisoft has already won the "Most Profanity" award of the convention. Someone needs to do a potty mouth edit of their conference.

=)

Cheers

Ubisoft don't give a fuck. They'll swear, talk about drugs, show tits. They do what they want. They're French, after all!

Ubisoft don't give a fuck. They'll swear, talk about drugs, show tits. They do what they want. They're French, after all!

Yep, caught me off guard last year with my son in the room, but not this year Ubi...

Agreed, at least Criteron got it right and showed early work.

So far this looks like it's going to be a fairly underwhelming E3 for me. I mean, Monday is usually the big day for reveals AFAIK. So this should be by far the best day, and....

Back