New PS4 Smell

Don't you have to allow USB charging in the settings, same place you can control the speaker volume on the controller?
You don't have to allow USB charging per se (if you had to, but didn't - how could you then re-charge your controller once the battery goes flat? :)); the option you're thinking of is to allow USB charging with the system powered "off".

I don't know what the final decision was, but at one point, the intention was to have the controllers only connect via Bluetooth, and just use the USB connection to charge.
But I'd imagine that even then the controller would be able to pull power from the cable and still function.

DS4 works in Windows when only connected via USB. Just tested it myself to be extra sure.

You don't have to allow USB charging per se (if you had to, but didn't - how could you then re-charge your controller once the battery goes flat? :)); the option you're thinking of is to allow USB charging with the system powered "off".

Ah that's the one. I couldn't check I was in hospital with an exploding gall bladder! Too much rich food at christmas :cry::D

Omg jeez. Sounds really painful... I hope you're OK!

It's absolute agony and I'm stuck on a fat free diet until they cut it out. Still I've got some rocking pain killers.

I was playing ac4 and had just come under fire from a man o war and it felt like the broadside had hit me in the stomach. And it didn't stop for about 2 hours.

One thing that is annoying me is the messaging service. When I get sent messages they appear on my PS4,PS3, and Vita. But their state is obviously not shared because when I read on any x it stills shows as an unread message on y and z.

One thing that is annoying me is the messaging service. When I get sent messages they appear on my PS4,PS3, and Vita. But their state is obviously not shared because when I read on any x it stills shows as an unread message on y and z.

Yap ! I suspect it's because there are really 3 copies of the same message in 3 different "network platforms" (Vita, PS3 and PS4 PSN).

Note that Skype basically does the same thing if you log into Skype in multiple locations. If you read it on one computer, it doesn't automatically assume you did that in other locations. It's a shame it does that, but I guess that's the way it works.

A fast nosql table probably still not fast enough to update that the user has read the message? Sure would be nice though. Though between Vita and PS4 it doesn't matter so much, as the message interface is a lot nicer there.

It's a small thing. I wouldn't put it high in priority. I would say focus on Gaikai, exploiting HSA GPGPU, and VR first.

It's not like I get tons of PSN messages everyday.

EDIT:
[size=-2]Happy New Year ~[/size]

DS4 works in Windows when only connected via USB. Just tested it myself to be extra sure.

Also, the DS4 will continue to work wirelessly with the PS4 when plugged into a charge-only micoUSB cable. When I got a low-battery warning I was able to plug the controller into a charger I had close to my regular seating position and continue to play without having to be tethered to the PS4 itself, which was a happy discovery.

And with several more hours of play I continue to really like the DS4.

Anyone get notifications for friend requests or message on the iOS app?

Doesn't seem to add much value.

I was just playing Killzone MP and suddenly the game paused on me, and said the battery is low. I quickly plug in the recharge cable, and nothing. It still won't respond. I had to grab a second controller and log in before I was able to interact with the game again. Shouldn't a controller always work when it's connect by cable?

Maybe I am misunderstanding but if your controller battery is low you have to log your account back in by hitting the home button once you plug up.

Anyone get notifications for friend requests or message on the iOS app?
No, it seems pretty bare bones. I've only used to it initiate a remote purchase/download from the PSN store - which admittedly is quite handy.

No, it seems pretty bare bones. I've only used to it initiate a remote purchase/download from the PSN store - which admittedly is quite handy.

Using it to type and control your PS4 remotely is quite nice, but yeah. The Vita features make group chats over PSN easier though, people in my area were using Near this year to send New Years wishes and exchange game tips. I wish we had forum like stuff as well though - it's the one thing I envy Wii U owners for.

If you have to refresh or restart, then they're not doing it right.

Every other app. does push notifications. I get notifications from apps. that I haven't opened in months.

Maybe I am misunderstanding but if your controller battery is low you have to log your account back in by hitting the home button once you plug up.

I'm not sure if I tried that. Will try it next time.

I don't know why they want me to log in when changing controllers though. I only have one account, I'm the only user, and I wasn't playing a co-op game. That controller was always going to be for me. It wasn't like this on PS3.

So I was a little drunk the other day, somehow I ended up on Amazon and found that they would have ps4+KZ coming on stock on the 10th January. Next thing you know £380 left my credit card.
Not impressed! What the f...!

Back