Resogun [PS4] [free on console launch via PS+]

When you hear "keepers detected" you need immediately to find green glowing enemies. When you kill them all, beam of light will open one of the cages. Just be aware of the sound alert, and you will be on track.

Some green-glowing enemies need to be killed in the right order too, and if you fail with that (even if you kill all of them) their corresponding human will die.

Not sure how the game handles that when you got homing missiles on your ship... Do the missiles only lock onto the leading enemy, or perhaps not at all?

Some green-glowing enemies need to be killed in the right order too, and if you fail with that (even if you kill all of them) their corresponding human will die.

Not sure how the game handles that when you got homing missiles on your ship... Do the missiles only lock onto the leading enemy, or perhaps not at all?

Seriously?
I love the game, but the keepers thing is kind of confusing. If at least the keepers were all the same, you could distinguish them from the others enough to focus on your task at saving the humans. It's already quite challenging enough to get through the game while ignoring keepers and saving humans, but actually attempting to save all of them and having to distinguish order? :???:

Perhaps this is the reason why sometimes, my little human dies about 2 seconds after I hear the "keepers detected" message. Very confusing and a bit frustrating in my opinion.

I'm glad its not all immediately clear. I would have been done with the game in no-time then. It's not that complex a game in the grand scheme of things! It's like getting all the stars in Mario. You can still beat the level without all the humans saved, but it takes some additional skill and effort if you want to save all of them. It's cool.

Seriously?
Yup! :mrgreen:

I haven't played the game very seriously myself (I tend to get irrationally angry when screwing up, and feel violent urges to vent my frustration by throwing my controller at my flatscreen TV - clearly a hint I shouldn't be playing these types of unforgiving games), but these keepers don't seem to show up on the first couple levels at least in rookie mode. They do show up on veteran though, on the 2nd level onwards.

Only the first keeper in the line will glow green, the rest will be red. I think missiles only lock on to the lead enemy, I'm not sure. The screen was kind of confusing at the time. :D

I'm glad its not all immediately clear. I would have been done with the game in no-time then. It's not that complex a game in the grand scheme of things! It's like getting all the stars in Mario. You can still beat the level without all the humans saved, but it takes some additional skill and effort if you want to save all of them. It's cool.

Sure, but in Mario, everyone knows that by collecting more coins, you get more points - and the coins are stationary. :p

It would be more tricky if in Mario, you had what appears to be randomly disappearing coins and there wasn't a decent expenation on why they disappeared.

In Resogun, I don't mind the challenge. I mind not knowing how to beat the challenge. When you play the game alone, it's already difficult enough to get to the keepers if they spawn on the other side of the level - and from my experience, this is nearly entirely random (at least, the keepers didn't always free the same human, but I might be mistaken). Is it just bad luck if I'm on the other side of the level and no amount of skill can get me there on time?

IMO - games like these shouldn't be luck dependant, they should be entirely skill based.

Of course, if there is some logic to how they spawn, then I'll take it back and eat my words. I still think the game is difficult enough if they made the keepers stand out a bit more. :smile:

EDIT: Just read the link from neogaf... so one of the humans are linked to multiplier score? Why? Why not all of them? Or the 4th? 5th? 5th? 8th? I don't get it. This just seems like a cheap way to make the game more difficult or dependant on luck. Certainly doesn't convince me of a conssitent game design.

...and some keepers do have to be killed in the right order? I really don't get it.

This just sounds to me as if you are practically forced to play the game in one particular order to reach a perfect score, which fundementally is more down to luck (or lucking into the right order) than actually possessing or learning the skill to achieve it. I would rather they made the game more difficult by doubling the number of humans you have to free in half the time than having keepers you have to kill in a certain order... :mad:

IMO - the best (skill) based games outthere are the simple ones. Simple rules, yet challenging to achieve.

Missiles? Did I miss something? :D

The weakest of the three ships gets homing missiles pretty soon in the first level.

I've personally taken a liking to the 'heavy' ship. Makes boss-fights seemingly a lot less frustrating and time consuming.

Seriously?
I love the game, but the keepers thing is kind of confusing. If at least the keepers were all the same, you could distinguish them from the others enough to focus on your task at saving the humans. It's already quite challenging enough to get through the game while ignoring keepers and saving humans, but actually attempting to save all of them and having to distinguish order? :???:

Perhaps this is the reason why sometimes, my little human dies about 2 seconds after I hear the "keepers detected" message. Very confusing and a bit frustrating in my opinion.

That human may be from a previous keeper ?

I also finally saved all the level 1 humans this weekend, finally...sadly im not sure what I did right this time.

There are times when I dont even notice a human has been freed (multiplier? score? no clue why) and I just hear "human lost" and I sigh.

I like the heavy ship, it just tears holes through stuff...and its ultra low range 'missiles' make it fun to practically ram your way through hordes of enemies.

I'll never get the BIG scores, but this is my change of pace game for sure.

Back