Halo Master Chief Collection [H:MCC] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

You'll get a chance to play all of Master Chief's exploits if this rumor is true...

Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to Xbox One this year, collects Halos 1-4
http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/16/halo-the-master-chief-collection/

Tommy McClain

Sources say, let's see what happens on June 9th. I had good fun with the PC version of Halo 1, I wonder how much of that was usable. I don't know where I put that disc, it had a flaw and I was never able to finish even though it installed fine.

This will take me around three years to play! I wonder how they will price it, and if they make a collector edition console?

Add in Mass Effect and my next six to seven years are booked.

Yeah so how are they gonna handle these "HD remasters"? Is there a definition to that term?

I know last gen, there was like Halo Anniversary, where the graphics were totally redone. And then there was a lot of "HD collections" of different games where they pretty much just took the PS2 graphics and upscaled them.

So I think fully revamping all the games would be too much effort. Besides that, part of MS new strategy for a few years now has been to make more Halos. They wanted to get away from the long, interest killing, dead times 3 years between releases gets you.

So basically one of the big ways to fill those gaps in the near future is anniversary editions. BUT, if this Halo 1-4 thing is anniversary editions for all, they just ruined a potential H3 A in 2017 (10 yrs), etc.

So yeah, I guess it's, H2A being the flagship with fully revamped graphics, and then the rest just getting the HD treatment. Although that would still take some of the steam out of an eventual H3A, they could still viably do it.

Anyway, the GAF leaker guy got this one too. But this is pretty awesome. I was wondering what the "flagship" 1st party game from MS this fall would be. H2A didn't seem big enough to be a flagship, I doubt QB is 2014 (even though leakers said it was), so that leaves the mooted Forza Horizon which a car game cant be the flagship, Sunset Overdrive (which as a 3rd party non-owned IP they wouldn't want to flagship anyway), and now I would say a full Halo 1-4 collection could probably qualify as the flagship. Sounds pretty good, and that's pending E3 too. That's 3 big games where usually you only get two. At least three.

Again, you guys should take a close look at last year's trailer.

Doesn't take too much analysis to get to the conclusion that Chief is
on the Ark, which is in a damaged state after H3 - but still functional and full of Forerunner constructs and secrets.

You can look up images to see how close that theory seems to be. It'd make for a pretty damn cool setting IMHO.

As for a H1-4 collection, well they could at least leverage a lot of character assets across a simultaneous release. The X1 should be more than able to run the games themselves.

It's gotta be Cortana because it's glowing blue!
I would love that, but maybe it isn't a girl, as AlNets seems to have proven.

Still, I hope it is a girl, and maybe we would have Jennifer Halo around for a while, once more.

Chief's look is so iconic that they won't change any key elements IMHO. Green armor, golden visor, even the tiny black thing at the bottom of the visor that gives him a puppy's nose...

The new armor is also new in every piece. Even the undersuit is remade, which was shared between Chief's armor and the Spartan IV version.
I am wondering what will be the changes 343 add. Halo is an iconic game for the Xbox brand, and I trust them to make a good job.

Let us hope for a story trailer in the E3. :)

I also hope that they create something new after Halo 5. To pigeonhole 343i into just being an Halo team isn't the best thing to do in the long run, I think.

The atmosphere in the trailer was a different color, so while it was probably the installation you mentioned, I think the artist picture is Sanghelios. Agreed, it would be cool to explore as it is huge. Would love to further explore the rings, but only because Larry Niven lore keeps crossing into my Halo games.

I am still waiting for vampires and three headed beings with weird deadly invisible weapons. I guess the flood could be part of the roots, but gone bad. The forerunners mutated them in order to stop the Pak. Which would partly explain why the forerunners wanted to stop the humans so badly in the first place.

Anyway back to Halo, I do wonder why that installation has so much sand.

Edit @Cyan: So much imagination to be explored and created. I just hope they still do sci-fi and create some unique universe for us to explore fresh after they put Halo away. I imagine they at least go 10 more years, if they spend three years or so on each version.

The atmosphere in the trailer was a different color, so while it was probably the installation you mentioned, I think the artist picture is Sanghelios. Agreed, it would be cool to explore as it is huge. Would love to further explore the rings, but only because Larry Niven lore keeps crossing into my Halo games.

I am still waiting for vampires and three headed beings with weird deadly invisible weapons. I guess the flood could be part of the roots, but gone bad. The forerunners mutated them in order to stop the Pak. Which would partly explain why the forerunners wanted to stop the humans so badly in the first place.

Anyway back to Halo, I do wonder why that installation has so much sand.

Edit @Cyan: So much imagination to be explored and created. I just hope they still do sci-fi and create some unique universe for us to explore fresh after they put Halo away. I imagine they at least go 10 more years, if they spend three years or so on each version.
Vampires? (haven't read the books, so maybe there are vampires in Halo. That would be hip and cool. Wolf spartans as pets, too:smile:

Sure they are in for the long run. Without a new Halo, I think Xbox One isn't likely to move units as it might have with a different Xbox exclusive. No game holds as much weight as a proper Halo.

I heard that they are going to remake all past core Halo games, from Halo 1 to 4, for the Xbox One. Is it so easy to port those games to the Xbox One?

That's quite surprising, if true.

I think they have to be at least giving Halo 2 the proper aniversary treatment. I havent heard of Saber interactive working on anything else, Has anyone heard what they are up to?
Also I would think reprograming HaloCEA, Halo 3 and Halo 4 from Powerpc to x86 could take quite some time. Now if they port over the Pc version of HaloCE and Halo 2 that could probably be done quickly.
I hope it isnt the case because I want Halo2 to have the full treatment that Halo anniversary did. I never got to play the Pc version of Halo2 though. Does Halo2 pc have much improved visuals over the original xbox version?

"I doubt QB is 2014"

Didnt we already have the japan X1 launch lineup leak with Quantum Break listed for a November release date?

Master chief isn't in either of those I believe. So if the next game is really all about master chief it would make more sense to have the ones that really have to do with him in a collection.

I bet we get Master Chief collection 2014

Halo 5 2015

Halo Reach ODST 2016.

Halo 6 2017 :)

Don't like the new suit design. Doesn't feel like Halo.

He is not Master Chief, he is a new character.

What if he is a forerunner?

Forerunner_Meeting.jpg

Back