Battlefield 4 official discussion/thread. [PS4,XO,PS3,X360]

I still don't get PS4's social features. Will BF4 support spectating out of the box ? in SP or MP ? Will it support remote assistance somehow ?

Yup, nothing is clear and these reviews which have PC version in the mix too aren't helping either. Is spectator mode confirmed for PS4 or not? GT reivew said there is place for 2 commanders and 4 spectators over the 64 players playing.

Probably have to wait for Sony's "Review Event" ? They better have a clear game vs supported features matrix by 11 Nov. :devilish:

Finally got a chance to check out SP video on XBO and apart from the jaggies the game looks amazing! I thought I was gonna see a major downgrade after hearing about 720p resolution and whatnot but man call me shocked. I'm perfectly happy with this level of graphics from this game. It looks almost identical to the E3 PC showing....kudos to the guys at EA.:oops:

For comparison

Now imagine how great PS4 multi must be since it looks even better.

:cool:
http://a.pomf.se/w76ft.gif

That's good news for PS4 owners then.:smile:

I won't be getting a PS4 until later next year so I'll be getting this game for XBO. I figure not many people will still be playing this game late next year anyway.

That's good news for PS4 owners then.:smile:

I won't be getting a PS4 until later next year so I'll be getting this game for XBO. I figure not many people will still be playing this game late next year anyway.

Heck yeah! :D

I'm sure plenty will still be playing as BFBC2 is still very active on PS3.

Not watching any of it, gonna have a full fresh play through on the PS4 on the 29th. That's right, not getting the PS3 version either.

Sorry for late reply

4~5 hours on Hard difficulty, so if somebody says he did it in 2~3 hours on easy I can totally understand that because I needed to take the safer routes in hard, and can't really do too much rambo.

Plot is.... awkward to say the least.
I don't understand WTF the player was supposed to do and for what reason, not to mention the illogical portions.

The highlights have already been shown in E3, etc. Don't expect to see anything jawbreaking that we haven't seen before.

Sorry for late reply

4~5 hours on Hard difficulty, so if somebody says he did it in 2~3 hours on easy I can totally understand that because I needed to take the safer routes in hard, and can't really do too much rambo.

Plot is.... awkward to say the least.
I don't understand WTF the player was supposed to do and for what reason.

The highlights have already been shown in E3, etc. Don't expect to see anything jawbreaking that we haven't seen before.

This is a bit offputting. I'll only be getting this game for SP as I dont have the time to sink into MP regardless of how spectacular it looks (and it does look spectacular). So full price for campaign that will lasy only 3-4 gaming sessions doesn't seem worth it to me. Even if it is the best looking game out there.

Don't worry, I'm not.

On topic, Jack Frags impressions:

Still feels PS4 MP > Xbone SP. He must be more sensitive to resolution.. makes sense given he's a high level player.

He said that other journalist think the same. I think will have to wait until Gamersyde videos to really tell the difference.

Yeah, some high-quality footage will be nice. Digital Foundry mentioned they have 3.8GB worth of 1080p60fps footage lying around, and that some of that is definitely coming our way in the near future. I don't think BlimBlim was at the Stockholm event, or Digital Foundry wouldn't have been the only one with 60fps footage out there (and the FullRGB issue)

Thank you DICE for exploiting the extra power in the PS4 for BF4 and not just make equal versions. Hope this will be the trend for cross platform games ahead.

You afraid of competition?

:) just joking...

I am. Lol not quite but kind of. I'm basically brand new to this kind of Multiplayer and the only couple of times I've tried it I've been completely slaughtered because A) it seems everyone else has vastly superior weapons to me and B) I haven't got the first clue what I'm supposed to be doing.

No doubt playing with real people is ultimately more fun but a bot mode that could be used for training (without gaining XP) before going into the "real world" would be very welcome.

Back