What is the Wii U's position after the conference last night?

No, it will be in 10 months though. They need some big hitters soon, we are talking next gen Mario galaxy, Zelda and Wii sports resort.

Nintendo can,always win people round with games.

No, it will be in 10 months though. They need some big hitters soon, we are talking next gen Mario galaxy, Zelda and Wii sports resort.

Nintendo can,always win people round with games.

X and Wonderful 101 both look like solid games.

There was nothing that threatened the console for the younger audience so far at least, and there were no concrete titles that appeal to a family. Of course you'd expect these to come eventually, but right now Wii U has targeted a market that is not competing with the market at which the press conference was directed.

The only overlap would be customers that buy a Wii U explicitly to be able to play better games on a portable device within the same home. If Vita's demonstration of remote play does this well enough but with next-gen graphics, then this may take away some of their market especially as the Vita's Remote Play should work over the internet as well and is not limited to in-house, and not even per se limited in all things to the Vita (phones would support it too, at least for titles that can be controlled with whatever that phone offers).

But I have a feeling that this is not a big point of competition between the two consoles, and not that big a market to begin with (meaning just that small group that particularly likes Wii U because they can play on the tablet with the TV being occupied otherwise).

No, not at all.

It can't be in a worse position :p
Indeed, between Gakkai any where, to smart glass, with move on one side and kinect on the other they have nothing left but outdated graphics and subpart network infrastructure.

The only positive seems to be the strong historic franchise but that should limit their reach to their fans ala GC but that a best case scenario Sony and MSFT or third parties could also come with IP that steal the some fans from Nintendo, not too mention they have more and better tools to expand on what Nintendo is doing in its games.

it all depends on price. How much will the ps4/ xbox cost and how low can Nintendo go with the wii u. If we see it go under $300 and the new consoles are $400 and more then Nintendo is fine.

Indeed, between Gakkai any where, to smart glass, with move on one side and kinect on the other they have nothing left but outdated graphics and subpart network infrastructure.
That's not entirely true, I say playing devil's advocate. Wii U has the tablet in the box with attached controls, meaning games can target it directly. On PS4+XB3, there'll be inventory management and stuff, but not as part of the direct-control scheme. however, I really doubt many devs are going to target Wii U, so there'll be Nintendo's experience using Wuublet in amazing coop ways, and that's about it for Wii U.

I wish their ideas were mainstreamed. I want better coop!

That's not entirely true, I say playing devil's advocate. Wii U has the tablet in the box with attached controls, meaning games can target it directly. On PS4+XB3, there'll be inventory management and stuff, but not as part of the direct-control scheme. however, I really doubt many devs are going to target Wii U, so there'll be Nintendo's experience using Wuublet in amazing coop ways, and that's about it for Wii U.

I can't go against tht I like the idea and potential of the WiiUmote.
Time for Sony to get the PSV hardware into a more tablet device with 7" screen ;)

Yeah, all wuu has going for it is that the tablet is thrown in as standard with the system, whereas the vita is a fairly costly extra purchase - although sony did lower price in japan the other day.

Hopefully, sony will do some kind of special offer for PS4 buyers/owners, or at least knock down the price of the vita some more around time of PS4 launch.

...So other than that, all I can say about Nintendo's position w. regards to this announcement is "not enviable". :LOL: The Wuu's a piece of shit anyway so why care, really? The quicker the fucking thing dies the better for us all.

I don't think the devs are going to have a particularly hard time in having i-devices and androids able to touch-control with the apps. The hard part is obviously in streaming the video. Relaying control signals not so much.

Furthermore, most current i-devices and androids have better touchscreens that they can rely on than the wiipad.

WiiU developers cannot really force the wiipad on the whole game if they still want to leave the option of playing the entire game on the gamepad open to the user.

"What is the Wii U's position after the conference last night?"

I'm trying to determine if the position is "below", "behind" or "below and behind".

There isn't any hope for the Wii U, because MS will have the lower end of the market, casuals and children covered.

Especially given Nintendo are losing money at $300!
720 will probably launch for $399 or lower (with a subscription option as well) making it very competitive pricewise with the Wii U.

Kinect 2 with voice control be their key USP and is a far more desirable feature than the Wuublet.

There isn't any hope for the Wii U, because MS will have the lower end of the market, casuals and children covered.

Especially given Nintendo are losing money at $300!
720 will probably launch for $399 or lower (with a subscription option as well) making it very competitive pricewise with the Wii U.

Kinect 2 with voice control be their key USP and is a far more desirable feature than the Wuublet.

Not sure if serious...

The WiiU is already underground the underground it can't get any worse than selling less than 100k units 3 months from launch it can only get better.

Wii U: The Underground Console

ah at worst, Wii U maybe become like GameCube. It wont die but it wont be able to reach Wii's success.

They have a chance (imho) if they can come out with some very well made big first party titles (Metroid, Mario, Zelda, etc) while halving the price at the same time.
With a good reception from the press and from the gamers, they could still sell a cheap console for the fans and for the casuals easily.

ah at worst, Wii U maybe become like GameCube. It wont die but it wont be able to reach Wii's success.
GC was a very good hardware of it's own time, (they just failed on the third party and on the mini dvd side)... but it was a technical marvel imho... the last system I saw some tech enthusiasm from Nintendo tbh, wii-u is nothing like that:(

ah at worst, Wii U maybe become like GameCube.
How would you qualify that? GC sold 20 million in 5 years or whatever it was, about a 1/5 or 1/6th-ish of that generation depending on what you stop counting. Do you think Wii U is going to sell 20 million? Is it going to be 1/6th of PS4 + XB3?

I mean woo u will become like gamecobe where it will keep selling because of Nintendo exclusive games. I its like it have its own market.

Back