PlayStation 4 (codename Orbis) technical hardware investigation (news and rumours)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ps4n.jpg

I wonder where this part is located

Ya was thinking the same thing. Underbelly maybe?

Finally have time to sit through the entire video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvpCdtjTrAo

It's rather familiar (admittedly responsive) AR, gyro stuff.

As expected, they also show tablet integration for a simple AR + user created content demo. IMHO, it may be easier (less tiring) to sculpt with a tablet as opposed to using Move.

Same comment as before. Should have made iPad/Android version of Wonderbooks (instead of paper version).

There's a brief moment of the robot scanning the user. Hope they expand on that more.

whoa, that is very nice

Something inside or at the bottom ?

The outer edge of the object in the teaser image appears to be round. There's nothing round on the outside of the PS4 that I can see. Further, I seriously doubt its anything on the inside of unit but that's purely my speculation. At this point, either it was something cut (like the A/V multi-out port that was cut sometime between February and now) or a new yet to be revealed peripheral (we have high-res images for the Eye and DS4).

Looks a bit cheap to me, has a very plastic and toy-like feel to it. I much preferred the fat PS3's look, which was a lot more high end than this. The One also has a high end look, albeit from the 80s :)

+1.

I feel the exact same way. Xbox One gives off the same aura as PS3.

Very disappointed in the ps4 design.

I like the juxtaposition of the matte finish with the glossy area, and the shape and ratios are pretty eye catching. Overall, like all of Sony's home consoles, it's a unique design that may turn some off but at least it ain't boring.

Xbox One is glossier, but that doesn't make it seem more high end. I'm not sure I like the profile of it either. It resembles the shape of the av out on the Wii.

Nah, we were just discussing that.

Oh yeah, so you were :oops: ...

I think that's the difference between a stylized image vs a real life shot tho, it's only a partial image but the breaks in the concentric circles are quite clearly of the same pattern, not that that's conclusive, but there's not much else it could be really....

The picture is of this "grill" embedded in a seemingly larger structure. Lots of light needed to get the shot since the surrounding material is blown out exposure wise ( unless it is white which I doubt ).

Maybe it's internal but easily seen from outside ?

Maybe it was dropped ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back