Crysis 3

CryEngine also is available for licensing from any developer. So that's a potential income stream as well to justify increased R&D for engine developement.

Frostbite is in the same situation, but is limited to EA developers I believe.

Regards,
SB

Yep I just played for about 30 mins. Performance was ok with all settings on high or very high. Graphics and art design are disappointing though. Everything is kinda murky. Also the guns don't have any real kick to them.

Overall pretty mediocre. Maybe single-player is better.

MP in this beta is a total disaster, IMHO! To be honest, the whole game didn't feel much more polished than the alpha version.

Played a bit of Hunter mode this morning. Interesting concept but it might get old really fast. If the hunters get one or two kills at the start it's basically game over.

Maybe it's the maps but there isn't anything about the modeling or textures that stands out as particularly impressive during gameplay. The sound effects were forgettable too.

I'm gonna try it on PS3 tonight to see how things look there.

One little thing that irritates me is the sounds from the gunfire -- dull and weak, despite the variety of weapons. I mean, how can a silly zombie shooter like L4D have so well mastered audio FX library with punchy and realistic feedback, while the latest and greatest in the game technology simply sounds boring. God, I hope the SP campaign is passable.

Around 40 FPS average at lowest with no AA on 1080p on the HD 5770. Around 30 FPS average with the medium presets, with noticeable drops in fights
Let's not talk about very high however;)

Will the beta run on my 4850? Or do they still have that stupid dx11 only crap?

It's a DX11 only game, And believe me THIS is the first to do this, It won't be too long till other games do this too.

OK i tested the Beta and it's better optimized than Alpha, But MP sucks, Who am i kidding, Who plays Crysis for MP.

Also i hope they have indirect shadows in the final game.

No. A guy added like a 100 shadow casting lights very close to each other to fake the area shadow effect.

Oh, that's a little disapointing. Not a true dynamic effect... Not very different than this:
cryengine2gihd.jpg

Yet, it is good that it can give us an idea of what this type of game would look like if it did have very detailed indirect lighting, even if such implementations are doctored and not very realistically viable
The technical presentation video was cool to watch, despeite the presenter beeing a bit clumsy. It did cover about the same topics from the leaked pages from crytek's internal guide for presentations similar to this one, although i didn't get to see my real time glossy reflections... Oh GI...

Yep I just played for about 30 mins. Performance was ok with all settings on high or very high. Graphics and art design are disappointing though. Everything is kinda murky. Also the guns don't have any real kick to them.

Overall pretty mediocre. Maybe single-player is better.

I'd guess part of the murkiness/fuzziness and just weird oddness to the image quality overall is something to do with whatever causes some weird rainbow artifacts at outlines of some objects. I uploaded a screenshot to highlight what im talking about. Thankfully they made it easy to turn off other "murkiness's" such as lens flares and motion blur, but they forgot the fuggly ambient occlusion, unless they attached it to the shadow or some other settings that only disables on low. Haven't tried.

There's also other weird stuff i'v seen, but that rainbowish effect is what irks me often, it's as if they forgot to turn off some 3D parameters and some stuff is still getting some color band separation at some buffer... don't know, layman's wild and wrong guess.

Screenshot was taken with very high settings and i think smaa2x

I'd guess part of the murkiness/fuzziness and just weird oddness to the image quality overall is something to do with whatever causes some weird rainbow artifacts at outlines of some objects.
It's called Chromatic Abberation. Another optical defect-turned-effect, but this one is too much and shows bad design taste in aiming for more "realism".

Back