TES V: Skyrim

I've got these lines added to the end of the "Display" section of Skyrim.ini (the one in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\):

fDefaultWorldFOV=75
fDefault1stPersonFOV=75.0000
fDefaultFOV=75.0000

And they are holding, I just checked it.

The console command to change it on the fly is just "fov xx" for whatever number you want.
Thanks man, I only had the last line and it didn't always hold.

I also found that 75 was as far as I could go wrt. fisheye.

I saw a screenshot of a player who stored dead horses in his house. I don't think you can do this in Oblivion.

Funny, the roman numeral 4 is at the heart of oblivion, yet it's only the 2nd (morrowind was 1?) installment. They could have done something squarely intelliegent with that looking back.

Daggerfall -> morrowind -> oblivion -> skyrim. I count four

Or did I misunderstand something (besides ES: arena :p)?

Skyrim is The Elder Scrolls 5.

Arena - Daggerfall - Morrowind - Oblivion - Skyrim.

I've got these lines added to the end of the "Display" section of Skyrim.ini (the one in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\)
Thanks man! I edited the file a while ago, but it's too late to check it out now, I should head off to bed. Will try how it looks tomorrow.

'Preciate the help!

How about those two Bethesda semi offshoots, ES Redguard and ES Battlespire? Redguard has 3D acceleration, first for the series. Though they aren't exactly sandbox games and nobody liked them AFAIK ;)

Years ago I read an interview with I think Todd Howard and he said that Morrowind essentially saved the company.

Years ago I read an interview with I think Todd Howard and he said that Morrowind essentially saved the company.
Well, lucky us then! Morrowind was deeply flawed, yet enormously inspired and fascinating. It certainly did a lot to raise the bar for adventure games.

whoa did you just call Morrowind an action/adventure? Like Zelda? Tread lightly there friend. Keep an eye open as you sleep. ;)

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
I was with the cursor already on "Quote" when I was reading your post :p
Oh well, I guess he can consider himself warned :LOL:

Funny, the roman numeral 4 is at the heart of oblivion, yet it's only the 2nd (morrowind was 1?) installment. They could have done something squarely intelliegent with that looking back.

You see fellow members of The Glorious P.C Gaming Master Race, The Dirty Console Gaming Peasants are now resorting to trying to steal games from our memory because they cannot play them on their inferior hardware. They are getting desperate

Are you forcing ambient occlusion through nvidia inspector? I'm beginning to wonder if that's my issue. I reinstalled last night because I couldn't play a single game without it crashing. It still crashes. No .ini tweaks or config tweaks either. Just vanilla skyrim with AO forced.

I just my drivers, and ambient occlusion is off.

I play with NV AO on with the Fallout 3 profile and have had 1 CTD in about 60 hours of playtime. Other tweaks include slightly increased FOV and uGridsToLoad and a couple of shadow adjustments.

whoa did you just call Morrowind an action/adventure? Like Zelda?
Like Zelda? Did I say that? Seems more like your own imagination/bias. :p

"Adventure" fits Morrowind like a glove IMO, as what you do is all common stuff in such titles. Exploration, missions, dialogue with NPCs, killing monsters and leveling up. Seems adventure-y enough to me. You getting rashes on your body if people don't call it an RPG isn't my problem. ;)

After playing 73 hours so far, I still like it.

But!

1. The UI is really getting on my nerves, especially when the selected items jump up and down (when putting a stack in a container, for example, it tends to highlight the previous item half the time), and the really opaque perk screen. Using the mouse tends to select a different option that the one you click. And where is my "store all" button?

2. Dungeons tend to be more like a linear crawl, than having the layout resemble the architecture. With a "convenient" way out at the end. And if you don't have the quest or do it in a different order, it tends to break.

3. Talking about quests: except for the drinking quest, they're all pretty much fed-ex or kill.

4. Magic is very disappointing, as it's not only quite limited in scope, but very underpowered as well. Scale the enemies, but don't scale your destruction magic accordingly? Even with a mod that increases the damage and multiple enchantments that reduce the mana for destruction spells to zero, it takes a long time to kill even a single enemy.

5. There's no way to increase most of your skills to the point you become really powerful and/or take a clever, alternative approach to things. You don't have enough perks for the first, and they reduced or removed all the abilities and spells for the second.

6. What is up with the short durations of all the potions?

Edit:

7. Quests are very linear, you never (?) get the option to take a different approach.

8. Visual bugs galore, the last is that my main menu has gotten a solid green background when inside or in a city.

9. The map is cool (especially if you increase the zoom levels and disable the clouds), but it has a problem with showing locations close to the borders.

I can't wait until the CS gets released, and I can fix it myself. Or if TessSnip gets upgraded and the Script Extender guys release a script compiler...

Last edited by a moderator:
2. Dungeons tend to be more like a linear crawl, than having the layout resemble the architecture. With a "convenient" way out at the end. And if you don't have the quest or do it in a different order, it tends to break.
I found this change particularly noticeable because it is exactly like Rage.

I also have quests reappearing in my journal as unfinished. Red Eagle comes to mind.

I haven't found any (obviously) scaled baddies; I found a vampire cave early on that kept kicking my ass, and now I can go plowing through it with ease. Magic is a bit underpowered at the beginning, mostly because spells are expensive and you don't have a lot of mana. But I'm not having any problems at level 25 with a snaky mage type character.

I finally started the Graybeards quest last night, and my first scripted encounter with a dragon as part of their storyline resulted in not one, not two, not four, but seven CTD's. The game would auto-save as the encounter began, I would fight for sometimes as little as five seconds or as much as 60 seconds, and it would crash. Finally I just completely ran away from the area where it started, and let the dragon follow me so that I could kill it elsewhere -- that seemed to avoid the crash.

Soooo, yeah. My running CTD per hours played average went from 1/30 to about 1/10. :(

I really like how much more varied the dungeons are, but I agree with Frank -- they're still very linear, and the "easy exit" thing is getting a bit dull and contrived.

Back