What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, man.

@Kameradschaft: Guacamelee! is basically a humorous, Mexican-themed Metroid game (not a Metroidvania game really) with a combat system not all that dissimilar in feel to traditional 2d one-on-one fighting games (ground/air combos, cancels, specials). It's of course nowhere near as complex as a fighting game. Also worthy of note is a level of challenge that is quite considerable at times. Getting some of the optional items in particular can be downright Meatboy-ish.
Unfortunately coop is not where this game shines at all. That was clearly a last minute add-on. Many of the jumping sequences are hard enough on your own thanks to the game's dimension shifting mechanic, and properly completing them with someone else in tow is nearly impossible unless you think like the Luteces from Bioshock Infinite. It's no problem if one of you is content with dying, then waitng for your partner to finish a section and then respawning, though. It's also not a game you wanna rush through. The combat isn't tuned for 2 players either. Save for a couple of spots on hard mode It's not particularly difficult when you are on your own to begin with, and it becomes piss-easy with a partner.

So yeah, amazing game, but not so amazing 2 player game. There's still fun to be had playing that way, but if coop was my priority I'd have picked a different game.

Congrats. Hope you have an easy-to-handle baby. :)

First 2 - 2.5 years was tough for us. But it's significantly easier if you live near relatives. The mother will be spent for the first year if she's breast feeding. She will be like a 24/7 milk machine.

Are you in India now ?

My son behaved like an angel the first 2 nights while staying in the hospital. He cried non-stop when we brought him home no matter what we did. I dug through my laundry for his return receipt but no dice. After 1-2 sleepless nights, we finally figured out that we didn't burb him enough. Be patient (1 small burb may not be sufficient).

EDIT: The sleep schedule suggestion is great, but you have to follow through with a strong heart. :p

Beware of both your moms, sometimes they can condition the baby to their style (if they handle her too much or "spoil" her with assorted soothing techniques). So the baby may cry continuously if they are back in your hands.

Be careful of what you "teach" the baby. I have a friend who had to drive his infant around town every single night for the entire year because he calmed his kid the first few nights with his car. Adopt only sustainable tactics. ^_^

Take care of your wife. She's the one who needs help, more than the baby. Oh sh*t, this post will never end.
Yup, me still in India.
Also, ROFL at the friend who drove his kid all night. My wife was in splits and told me to not do something similar. Although, i know she feels super relieved everytime I take up the taks of putting the baby to sleep. She instantly jumps into bed !!! :LOL: more than the baby, I think I should take care I don't spoil my wifey too much :LOL: ! Just kidding , love both the girls !

Maybe u can continue th epost in a PM. Not to derail the thread too much. Modpower lurks around ;)

Picked up Dead Island Riptide last night. It's more of the same, but that's good enough for me since I loved the first game, bugs and all.

I don't think I could ever get sick of zombie games. =p

Congrats, man.

@Kameradschaft: Guacamelee! is basically a humorous, Mexican-themed Metroid game (not a Metroidvania game really) with a combat system not all that dissimilar in feel to traditional 2d one-on-one fighting games (ground/air combos, cancels, specials). It's of course nowhere near as complex as a fighting game. Also worthy of note is a level of challenge that is quite considerable at times. Getting some of the optional items in particular can be downright Meatboy-ish.
Unfortunately coop is not where this game shines at all. That was clearly a last minute add-on. Many of the jumping sequences are hard enough on your own thanks to the game's dimension shifting mechanic, and properly completing them with someone else in tow is nearly impossible unless you think like the Luteces from Bioshock Infinite. It's no problem if one of you is content with dying, then waitng for your partner to finish a section and then respawning, though. It's also not a game you wanna rush through. The combat isn't tuned for 2 players either. Save for a couple of spots on hard mode It's not particularly difficult when you are on your own to begin with, and it becomes piss-easy with a partner.

So yeah, amazing game, but not so amazing 2 player game. There's still fun to be had playing that way, but if coop was my priority I'd have picked a different game.

Thanks for the impressions! sounds like a great game for single player but not for local co-op which is kinda disappointing...still game sounds too awesome to pass on so I'll probably get it soon.

Congrats to RenegadeRocks btw! :D

My wife was in splits and told me to not do something similar. Although, i know she feels super relieved everytime I take up the taks of putting the baby to sleep. She instantly jumps into bed !!! :LOL: more than the baby, I think I should take care I don't spoil my wifey too much :LOL: ! Just kidding , love both the girls !

What do you do to put the baby to sleep?

What do you do to put the baby to sleep?

Umm...I hum to her and walk around a bit, after some time she falls asleep. I mean, if she intended to fall asleep in the first place, that is.....

Is that fine :oops: ? Is that a 'sustainable tactic' ?

BTW, came to say that :

' Holy shit !!! 'Thomas Was Alone' is super duper AWESOME ! Simplestyet most charming game to happen in a looong while ! Love you PS+ !

I can't remember anymore.

I think after feeding and burping the infant, we wrapped him up like a burrito and let him sleep. We didn't walk him around or hum to any tune. We didn't give him a pacifier either. That way we didn't have to untrain him in using pacifier when he grew older. We did use white noise occasionally to calm him down. It was rough at the beginning because the baby would wake up every hour. It's basically continuous battles between the baby's will and ours to see who gave in first. You may have to be a little more cruel than usual. Babies can be rather manipulative. Mothers are more susceptible to them. In this case, Daddy slept through most of the battles. :oops:

After a while, we stop feeding the baby at night (do an exponential fallback). He found out it's useless to cry for milk and would eventually sleep through the entire night. Don't hold the baby too close to your face when he's hungry, he or she might bite your nose thinking that it's em... something else. :)

Looks like you have a great Indian JRPG on-hand.

As for gaming, I am at Four Kings in Dark Souls NG+, and slaying the Blue Dragon in Demon's Souls NG+. Wondering whether I should get Soul Sacrifice with Vita next week.

Umm...I hum to her and walk around a bit, after some time she falls asleep. I mean, if she intended to fall asleep in the first place, that is.....

Is that fine :oops: ? Is that a 'sustainable tactic' ?

We are cruel. Put baby in bed, baby makes noice for a while (~10 min) then baby sleeps. Wrapping up like a burrito did not work for my baby, she got mad as hell!

holy fsck batman!
Finished KZ 1 HD, was actually quite fun in the end and challenging.
Started KZ 2.. its still so eyecandy and earcandy, just 10 minutes into the game. Died already because I was looking around, not playing :)

How was KZ1 ? Did Sony release HD version of KZ1 ?

My wife asked me for the controller when I demoed KZ2 to her. That has never happened before and after. ^_^

My wife asked me for the controller when I demoed KZ2 to her. That has never happened before and after. ^_^

Yes its on the Killzone Trilogy pack, got it cheap. I think it was quite ok for the time it was made, actually enjoyed it after the start. Played mostly as Rico, as others weapons were a bit lackluster, maybe for making up the small amount of enemy at the same time on screen. After that, KZ2 weapons felt like über powerful :)
Surprised to see Templar in the beginning of KZ2..

We are cruel. Put baby in bed, baby makes noice for a while (~10 min) then baby sleeps. Wrapping up like a burrito did not work for my baby, she got mad as hell!

We f eed her well before going to sleep, so she wakes up around 5am and has another go at milk. So, basically, we are having fine sleep, thankfully :) !

Its avaialable on PSN too, I think and looks pretty good for an old game. KZ1 levels have the same superb atmosphere as KZ2, and being able to play as various characters adds replayability. But it will definitely feel old now.

playing Forza Horizon again. Wow... so MUCH has changed after i installed a bunch of Free DLC.

its more fun now to just free roaming the city. Before the DLC its already fun, but now its more fun. The graphic looks better too after i change the color tint to greenish/blueish :D

Its avaialable on PSN too, I think and looks pretty good for an old game. KZ1 levels have the same superb atmosphere as KZ2, and being able to play as various characters adds replayability. But it will definitely feel old now.

Hmm... I'll save the $$$ for Soul Sacrifice and DUST514 (if it's coming in May). Last of Us and the Puppeteer are Fall titles right ?

Whaaaa Last of Us is in june and i dont have anything :/

my friend's PS3 already back to my friend. And my money are planned to gone to Google android developer thing. (very) Long time ago it was free :(

I really liked KZ2 & 3..
So when 1 came around in HD I were abit excited to see what happened in the first game..
It sucked tough, I managed to pass the first level with the clunky PS2 shooter-controls.
But the real killer is the crappy checkpoints.. At first level, I think I died 4-5 times on the easiest difficulty, overall I just lost 10-15 minutes game-time.

In the second level it became abit harder... Helghasts were swarming you in groups of 3 or 4 if you can call it a swarm, on a skyscraper beeing built, I tried running away in hope of life-regeneration (forgetting this were a PS2-game, when autom atic healing isn't normal or quick) - and when I died I were put back at last checkpoint, like probably 20-25 minutes earlier. I rage-quit and never played it again... :p Waiting for Mercenary and Shadow Fall instead. :)

FPS has evolved since the PS2-days, the text on the webpage is much better than playing the first game. And I kind of suck at FPS even tuogh there is a few I like and have completed the campaigns (Resistance and Killzone-games after PS3).

my friend's PS3 already back to my friend. And my money are planned to gone to Google android developer thing. (very) Long time ago it was free :(
:???: Apart from a $25 developer fee to publish on Google Play, I don't know of any Android development costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back