Official E3 Microsoft Conference Thread 2010

It's the other way around. Everyone else has to fight for a scrap of what Nintendo has.

Maybe. I think the casuals will rebuy for kinect. They'll dump the wii. Nintendo will really need to come up with something similar. MS needs to go on Ellen and Oprah and show off it off. Unlike the Nintendo, Sony has something already that might be able to go after this market demographic. I'm guessing the playstation eye can do many of the things Kinetic could do without the depth perception.

Maybe. I think the casuals will rebuy for kinect. They'll dump the wii.

I don't know -- it'll depend heavily on how Microsoft markets this in the upcoming months. But if they go for the Wii-style 'people flailing in a living room'-type commercials, will anyone really care that this group of people being paid to appear to have fun doesn't have a white widget in their hands?

Personally, MGSR was the best from the MS conference.
Surprisingly violent for a Kojima Production game.

Missed that one damn it. Got the full dose of awkwardness that followed, though ("say Hi to my sister!" - isn't fake enthusiasm fun?).:oops:

Anyway, I thought MGS4 was surprisingly violent as well. The part where Liquid was bashing Snake's skull into the ground made me cringe.

Can one put any size hard drive on the 360 now without buying the ripoff proprietary ones? Major Nelson had a 320GB drive in his 360.

Missed that one damn it. Got the full dose of awkwardness that followed, though ("say Hi to my sister!" - isn't fake enthusiasm fun?).:oops:

Anyway, I thought MGS4 was surprisingly violent as well. The part where Liquid was bashing Snake's skull into the ground made me cringe.

The violence in MGSR is on a whole new level!
Probably even more so than Ninja Giden 2.

Strange, so the Slim is twice the price of the cheapest SKU and they play the same software?

I imagine it will stay that way until the Arcade units clear the sales channels, then there will be some change in the new slim to allow for a cheaper slim unit. Either they'll come out with a 120gig slim, or they'll drop the price of the 250 and come out with a bigger one. Or maybe they'll just stick with a single SKU until the end.

I wonder if they'll discontinue arcades.

There was a post interview with Aaron Greenberg and Jeff Keighly from Gametrailers and he said the arcades will drop to $150 (until being cleared out), and the current 120GB elite model will drop to $249.

There was a post interview with Aaron Greenberg and Jeff Keighly from Gametrailers and he said the arcades will drop to $150 (until being cleared out), and the current 120GB elite model will drop to $249.

I know that, I meant after that. The new model without an HDD makes some sense... but on the other hand, are we talking about user-replaceable HDDs?

Back