Official E3 Microsoft Conference Thread 2010

All the companies selling input devices for shameless prices are crying now, no need for those with Kinect (I still want to say Natal ;) although now I get the new name)

I don't think so.

Kinect can't do everything at the required accuracy and speed. Otherwise, MS would not need the traditional controller.

It also can't sense everything (e.g., Vitality Sensor).

EDIT: How much are they selling Kinect for ?

Kinect still sounds weird but whatever.

- Dan Greenawalt and Forza 3 up next. Supports full Kinect, including steering, looking around, has a new gamemode that has a long line of increasingly faster cars. They're heavily into the new Ferrari. You can use Kinect to investigate teh car, touch bits of the car to get more info, walk/lean around, kneel down to look at the brakes, lean/walk to the back and look at the engine, open the door and get in, close the door, look around the dashboard, touch information points and such. Looks pretty nice, coming 2011.

Don Mattrick on stage. Celebrates 10 years of Xbox, and says this is the biggest year for Xbox. Pulls an old fover off an Xbox slim. 250GB harddrive, built-in WiFi 802.11N, completely as it was leaked on the Italian site, same price. Shipping to retailers today, available later this week, and free for everyone in the audience shipping to them today. The audience seems to like that.

SHOW OVER

(and no, I did not hear a pricepoint for Kinect! Maybe I missed it?)

Oh, and the combination of head tracking and ingame camera is also pretty awesome. Can't wait to see it combined with stereo 3D.

Kinect available in North America 11/4. Microsoft just gave the new system away to every person in attendance. All the rumored specs were on point. Looks much shorter, 3-4" and 1-2" thinner.

$299 without Kinect ? Did they announce an Arcade + Kinect bundle at all ?

EDIT: If not, probably later then.

Surprised they didn't talk 3D. Everyone said they'd do something for 3D this year. Seems like impressions of Kinect were very good. Forza sounds really neat. Going to watch all this stuff when I get home.

Seems like there's some really good stuff in the pipe for Xbox360.

impressed.

The 2 killer apps, a dancing game and a fitness game. Microsoft just won over a billion casuals. Sony's only chance is to come up with something similiar using the eyetoy. Nintendo....well, they have a lot of work to do.

Back