Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads up to some great sales over at Origin.

Bulletstorm for 3€, Dead Space for 2,4€ and many others.

Finally broke down and bought some stuff ... Tomb Raider, Torchlight 2, Baldur's Gate and Van Hellsing (was doubting this one, but I saw they were still actively supporting it with patches which clinched it).

Picked up FTL (finally dropped to 75% off instead of just 50%) and Sword of the Stars: The Pit (75% off). I love Rogue games, but not enough to spend too much on them. So that was absolutely fantastic being able to pick those up for cheap.

Regards,
SB

There's a lot to like about Torchlight 2 I have to say. It's the first game that's managed to drag me away from WoW in months. I would recommend playing on Veteran after getting your bearings though as it's too easy at normal level.

Picked up Deadpool (don't judge me) and got it installed. But it got stuck any time I tried to start it. It would say "Completing installation" (which none of my games ever say, so I'm not sure where that's coming from), then pops up a message saying the servers are too busy to process my request (Error 53). They claim that error 53 is caused by external software and recommend turning off my virus scanning. As if... if your "fix" is to turn my virus protection off, you've got another thing coming.

Other games, including others I've bought during the sale, play fine. I'm reinstalling the game now, see if that helps. Any ideas?

Picked up Deadpool (don't judge me) and got it installed. But it got stuck any time I tried to start it. It would say "Completing installation" (which none of my games ever say, so I'm not sure where that's coming from), then pops up a message saying the servers are too busy to process my request (Error 53). They claim that error 53 is caused by external software and recommend turning off my virus scanning. As if... if your "fix" is to turn my virus protection off, you've got another thing coming.

Other games, including others I've bought during the sale, play fine. I'm reinstalling the game now, see if that helps. Any ideas?

It's probably more likely to be a firewalling issue. Does your virus scanner also do firewalling and can you make an exception for the game?

I don't see why I should have to. There's nothing special about this game, it's not even multiplayer.

If it's connecting to a server, it's probably trying to log an install or number of activations for it's DRM. It may be a one time thing, so if you block it from accessing the internet, you won't be able to play it.

Even Steam games need to install/run once before you can put them into offline mode.

I might be the odd one here, but I've bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 and enjoy it quite a bit!

Other than that Steam Sale forced me to spend money on:
- FTL
- Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (really well done story telling and fun game to play)
- Dragon's Lair (seen pictures of this game in early 90' before even having my first computer but never had a chance to play it!)
- ACE Combat: Assault Horizon Enhanced something
- Deadlight
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 (enjoyed it quite a bit even though has a lot of flaws, also graphics are quite good to spectacular depending on location)

That's definitely enough to keep me occupied in my spare time for another 10 years :) [because of previous Steam sale backlog :devilish:]

- Dragon's Lair (seen pictures of this game in early 90' before even having my first computer but never had a chance to play it!)

Yeah I'm considering Dragon's Lair as well, mostly for nostalgia reasons as I recall waiting in line to pay $1 to play it at the arcade when it came out many a moon ago. I have a feeling though that the actual quality of the game will not match my mostly positive recollections of it from back in the early 80s. Hopefully it has a mode where you can just watch it all play through automatically as I remember it being a very difficult game.

Mars War Logs might interest any of you sci-fi fans. Played a bit and made some progress. Reminds me of Riddick a bit but with Witcher like RPG aspects. It seems like a solid effort from a small company.

you will come to a level where you have to equalise pressure let me know hoy you get past it cos im stuck ;)
bugger ive lost all my progress

Didn't get too much this sale, had most of what I wanted from last couple of sales and still have an enormous amount of games to play yet. Did pick up all the Borderlands 2 DLC and Tomb Raider + all DLC. Those were great deals.

Seriously? They degrade weapons that fast? FYI, a standard 1911 .45 ACP can easily fire 1000 rounds between *cleanings* and, obviously, many, many times that before there is any damage.

The game fiction was that the FTL drive being used was causing degradation issues at a much higher rater than normal. It is one of the reasons the ship gets into trouble in fact.

Also weapon degradation applied per shot fired. Laser pistols, on overload, will one shot kill most of the weaker enemies and you can get them pretty early on. My strategy was to carry multiple pistols and shotguns in the inventory at the begning and discard them as they broke till I got the laser pistol. At which point shifting them it overload meant less rounds fired and a lot less weapon breakage.

Your PSI booster doesn't degrade. And the Technician can usually get weapon maintenance cheaply to a high level. Which means you just need to maintain every so often to avoid breakage. It was always the soldier class that found it toughest.

Well, I was getting around to finishing Grid 2, then stupid Dresden sucked me back into Borderlands 2! :D

Here goes another 90 hours of my life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back