CryENGINE 3

Well, that's how a 2011 game should look on modern hardware. Very impressive.

The motion blur was awfull. Seriously, the developers used at least once their own eyes :?: How the hell could we play sports if we would see a blury mess after each small movement.

I have never really cared about motion blur. I think some things in real life just don't work in video games. Motion blur falls in to that category. in fact I don't recall a game other than say racing sims where motion blur added to the realism for me.

The choppy and uneven frame-rate makes the motion blur to look out of place, indeed. It looks more like an after effect from camera vibration than a seamless temporal exposure.

The motion blur does not bother me much at all. Perhaps it's because I use CRT and those who complain are using cheap LCD monitors that have ghosting on top of that motion blur?

The motion blur makes it feel a bit like some drunk sequence ... the guy just can't keep his eyes straight without conscious effort.

Detail and lighting are nice ... mirrors are not working?

Last edited by a moderator:
Glossy wood! Jeeves must be hard at work polishing the boards everyday...

Might be more picky since I occasionally dabble in rendering and FX, but the only thing impressive; over the prev-gen, would be secondary reflections (CE3 DX11) and um, indirect lighting. For everything else, the scene's just too basic in terms of object and material variety to truly make things shine.

Glossy wood! Jeeves must be hard at work polishing the boards everyday...

Might be more picky since I occasionally dabble in rendering and FX, but the only thing impressive; over the prev-gen, would be secondary reflections (CE3 DX11) and um, indirect lighting. For everything else, the scene's just too basic in terms of object and material variety to truly make things shine.

Yeah I have to agree...the materials need a lot of work and the lighting is overall way too harsh. Some good indirect diffuse would go a long way.

New tech video from Crytek's serious games studio.

EDIT: Another one.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is RealTime Immersive?

Video is impressive, but I feel like DICE is slightly ahead since they've already delivered some of this stuff in a multimillion selling game that looks just about as good.

What is RealTime Immersive?
http://www.rt-immersive.com

RealTime Immersive said:
RealTime Immersive, Inc. (RTI) is a simulation and serious games studio established to support CryENGINE® licensees in the serious game and simulation market space.

RealTime Immersive is focused both on the implementation and support of the CryENGINE® technology, and making continued contributions to the advancement of the serious games/simulation industry. RTI not only licenses the technology, but also offers a full spectrum of services, development, consultation, training, and support for its licensees.

RealTime Immersive is based in Orlando, Florida and located near the Central Florida Research Park. We are comprised of highly experienced, talented, and creative industry professionals that design and deliver best value result driven solutions to meet their customers’ needs.

Back