How will NVidia counter the release of HD5xxx?

What will NVidia do to counter the release of HD5xxx-series?

• GT300 Performance Preview Articles

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • New card based on the previous architecture

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • New and Faster Drivers

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Something PhysX related

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Powerpoint slides

Votes: 61 41.5%
  • They'll just sit back and watch

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 10 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Nvidia, AMD, , Lexmark, ebay as well and all those other companies attending for that 30 minute presentation they'll get. All out to hurt AMD. Thanks for the laugh Charlie.

Are you truly that dense? It is a different event, the one you are linking to has nothing to do with the one in SF. That one is a scheduled finance talk, they do it all the time. The one I am talking about is a 'top secret, so secret we won't tell you what it is about' press thing held at their HQ.

-Charlie

Are you truly that dense? It is a different event, the one you are linking to has nothing to do with the one in SF. That one is a scheduled finance talk, they do it all the time. The one I am talking about is a 'top secret, so secret we won't tell you what it is about' press thing held at their HQ.

-Charlie

I'm not dense at all. If there was a true press event. I woulda been invited to it. Theres no reason for Nvidia to hide something from me. As I'm bound behind so much NDA paperwork when it comes "James Bond Super Secret C.I.A Nvidia classified Information". So Charlie "In The Know". When was the last time you got invited to an Nvidia press event? Let alone a secret one. Ohhh right....

Lol really Charlie. Do you even listen to yourself? And you call me dense.

There may be more than 1 event ..

There is. At the end of september.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Charlie

This coming from the man who has yet to get the launch of Nvidia product performance right yet.
R600 vs G80 wrong
R770 vs g200 wrong
R870 vs g300 according to you, will barely be at best 10% than R870. Looking at your past prediction, this too will come to be WRONG!.

Well, thankfully Sept. 10th is almost here.
Even though I run nothing but nVidia for F@H, I'm hoping AMD has jaw dropping surprise for us.

Well I am hoping Nvidia's comes out in november. I would like to know how they stack up before purchasing one (one being AMD or Nvidia), but kind of wanted one before Christmas. Or I hope that AMD goes and under cuts Nvidia on price like crazy so that it is cheaper to buy the new single chip that outperforms the 285. Then even if I don't know the competition I will not feel bad purchasing.

This coming from the man who has yet to get the launch of Nvidia product performance right yet.
R600 vs G80 wrong
R770 vs g200 wrong
R870 vs g300 according to you, will barely be at best 10% than R870. Looking at your past prediction, this too will come to be WRONG!.
He was horribly wrong on R600, all of us were equally shocked at R600, even Nvidia. :LOL: RV770, I dont know what he claimed was wrong?

I'm not dense at all. If there was a true press event. I woulda been invited to it. Theres no reason for Nvidia to hide something from me. As I'm bound behind so much NDA paperwork when it comes "James Bond Super Secret C.I.A Nvidia classified Information". So Charlie "In The Know". When was the last time you got invited to an Nvidia press event? Let alone a secret one. Ohhh right....
Not meaning to diss you or anything Chris, but I've heard from a few people about the nVidia super secret briefing thingy and I don't think it's fake.

Not meaning to diss you or anything Chris, but I've heard from a few people about the nVidia super secret briefing thingy and I don't think it's fake.

So Please. Step up and tell everyone your sources. The only thing I could possibly believe is that its possible a private meeting from Nvidia with its own partners. Even then. I have been consistently told over and over again "Its Bull".

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't tell my sources on this Chris, sorry...it'd get them in trouble and put me in the doghouse with 'em. Can I ask who has told you it's bull?

I can't tell my sources on this Chris, sorry...it'd get them in trouble and put me in the doghouse with 'em. Can I ask who has told you it's bull?

Nvidia obviously. I don't have any reason to hide my sources as I exchange e-mails day to day with Nvidia. Its part of my role as a user group member. I dont think exact name((names)) is important because their e-mail addresses are tied to their name and I dont want their names flooded with e-mails. . Now Nvidia clearly isn't unbiased to themselves. Any less than I am unbiased to Nvidia. However having a "Secret Source" who is "Supposedly" telling everyone these things but won't come across just wreaks of FUD to me.

Nvidia obviously. I don't have any reason to hide my sources as I exchange e-mails day to day with Nvidia. Its part of my role as a user group member. I dont think exact name((names)) is important because their e-mail addresses are tied to their name and I dont want their names flooded with e-mails. . Now Nvidia clearly isn't unbiased to themselves. Any less than I am unbiased to Nvidia. However having a "Secret Source" who is "Supposedly" telling everyone these things but won't come across just wreaks of FUD to me.
:LOL:

I just find it amusing that you're accusing me of FUD over this, sort of ironic. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back