[360, PS3] Mass Effect 2 *(Spoiler Warning)

I'm pretty sure I'm not. I never said ME was bad (it's probably the 360 game I have the most achievements in and I bought the DLC). But I can appreciate a game without being forced to overlook obvious flaws. ME tried to be an FPS and an RPG. It did a fairly good job of the latter but a poor job at the former.

The latest 4 guys 1up had a ton of spoilers early on in the game. I'm actually optimistic again, and might be getting it on 360 afterall. But my last playthrough had me
going full renegade and killing the council
so I'll probably have to finish the game again.

The latest 4 guys 1up had a ton of spoilers early on in the game. I'm actually optimistic again, and might be getting it on 360 afterall. But my last playthrough had me
going full renegade and killing the council
so I'll probably have to finish the game again.

I
saved the Council in both of my play throughs. What happens if you hold the Alliance fleet back instead of sending them into save Council? I take it they die :LOL:, but how does that affect the story/ending?

So what class are people planning on playing? Was straight soldier in the first game but think ill go Sentinel this time tech armour looks too good to miss!

I
saved the Council in both of my play throughs. What happens if you hold the Alliance fleet back instead of sending them into save Council? I take it they die :LOL:, but how does that affect the story/ending?

Well the humans lift themselves to lead alone without the counsil in that sitution. I don't remember if there was difference between evil and good playthrough if you chose to kill the counsil in both of them, I seem to remember there were some differences, but not sure.

I

You're all 'we will build a new Council... and put humans at the heart of it!' Then you get to pick between the military guy or the weasel, same as for the 'save the council' option.

Well the humans lift themselves to lead alone without the counsil in that sitution. I don't remember if there was difference between evil and good playthrough if you chose to kill the counsil in both of them, I seem to remember there were some differences, but not sure.

You're all 'we will build a new Council... and put humans at the heart of it!' Then you get to pick between the military guy or the weasel, same as for the 'save the council' option.

Thanks.
I have to say, that just doesnt sound like a very good option for 90% of the species in the Galaxy. :LOL:
I cant wait to see how that decision comes through in ME2. That and
letting the Rachni queen live (or die)

That and
letting the Rachni queen live (or die)

Yup, I'm curious about that one too.
I let her live, but I killed Wrex, he irritated me.
Very interested to see the consequences. Seems like this game will need a variety of endings to accommodate everything.

From the spoiler talk on that podcast (spoiler involves mostly save-game import stuff and is all early-game stuff, none of it really plot-specific):
The person wasn't able to import his game, so the game presupposes that you let the council die and that your gender would decide whether Kaidan or Ashley died (males Kaidan, females Ashley). There was a good deal of talk about Cerberus, but I didn't really hear whether the Cerberus-related sidequests make any difference. Didn't hear about Wrex or the Rachni queen

http://meforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=714910&forum=144

What is "New Game Plus"?

"New Game Plus or NG+" is a feature that becomes available after you have beaten Mass Effect 2, allowing you to replay the game as the Commander Shepard from a previous play through.

Does Mass Effect 2 have "New Game Plus"?

Yes, originally we removed New Game Plus from Mass Effect 2 early in the development process. However, we decided later that it was a valuable addition to the game then looked at ways of implementing it back into the game. After thorough design and testing we felt that the feature was ready to be placed back into Mass Effect 2 and implemented it again.

Can I continue to play after I have beaten Mass Effect 2 without using "New Game Plus"?

Yes, after the conclusion of Mass Effect 2, you are able to continue to play in order to experience Downloadable Content and tie up any loose ends you may want to finish up.

sweet!

can not wait for this... replaying ME1 this month too :)

Yup, I'm curious about that one too.
I let her live, but I killed Wrex, he irritated me.
Very interested to see the consequences. Seems like this game will need a variety of endings to accommodate everything.

I thought we had the same gaming style and then you go and throw that crazy tidbit in there,
have you no shame, the dude was going through some hard times and I found him to be cool as hell. Wrex can roll with my crew anytime! Killed him... :rolleyes:
!

Crazy talk.

haha oh come on guys, admit you have more than 5 characters with different decisions.

......right?

.....I'm so alone. -_-

haha oh come on guys, admit you have more than 5 characters with different decisions.

......right?

.....I'm so alone. -_-

Not me. It is so hard for me to play bad that I used the conversation trick to get Renegade achievement :oops: but I did get the different endings, if obonicus' spoiler is accurate that is kinda irritating for me I would have preferred the reverse leadership choice.

Me too, actually. Also, from one of the trailers it seems like
Captain Anderson becomes the council representative by default
. But I still want to know how much in terms of level and skills you bring in from the previous game, since they have a very good reason to strip you mostly bare. I'm pretty sure you don't get to keep your gear, because (SPOILER: real ME2 early-game spoiler after the tag, if David Ellis isn't being an a-hole)
you apparently blow up with your ship and they clone you back to life 2 years later

I lost my x360 saves for Mass Effect, when my Xbox started to break. I played it through 3 times and had a level 60 character, so that's a pity... I have the game on PC also and have preordered ME2 for PC, so I probably start replaying ME1 today! I don't know if I have it in me to get a another level 60 character though...

.....I'm so alone. -_-

You're not.

I've had 5 different characters as well (fighter, fighter/thief, fighter/mage, mage, thief/mage). First time I did hardcore I didn't get the achievement, so I did it again six months later. I did insane difficulty with the fighter/mage starting at level 1, then redid it to max out in levels.

I have at least 7 play throughs.

Cheers

Back