*spawn* PS3 backwards compatibility

FWIW, the one PS1 title we tried, Next Tetris or whatever it was, didn't work. :(

I think PS1 titles are full emulation for all PS3 models. If I remember correctly, I think they were emulated on late model PSTwos as well. Something about the I/O controller, originally the PS1 chip, being replaced with a custom unit from SCEI (instead of the original outsourced unit).

yea, I'm pretty sure PS1 titles are all done via emulation, and some games will naturally have quirks. The ones I own (well, at least those I've tested, FF titles and the Jet Moto games) all worked fine. Sometimes it's hard to tell if the visual glitches are from emulation, or just PS1 era 3D modeling, lol.

Does anyone have any experience on how the first SSX, Silent Hill 2, 3 and Origins, Resident Evil CVX and 4, Project Zero series and Siren 2 work on launch PAL 60GB PS3?

Does anyone have any experience on how the first SSX, Silent Hill 2, 3 and Origins, Resident Evil CVX and 4, Project Zero series and Siren 2 work on launch PAL 60GB PS3?
RE CVX, RE4, SH2 and SH3 work well. I don't know about the others.

RE CVX, RE4, SH2 and SH3 work well. I don't know about the others.
I have SSX, Silent Hill 2, RE4, and they all play fine on my 60GB Launch (NA Unit).

The difference is, your NA launch model has the Emotion Engine CPU, whereas mine doesn't. But good to know, that at least SH2+3 and RE CVX+4 work fine. Of course I could check myself whether all the games I listed work, but I never seem to find the time to do that. :(

The difference is, your NA launch model has the Emotion Engine CPU, whereas mine doesn't. But good to know, that at least SH2+3 and RE CVX+4 work fine. Of course I could check myself whether all the games I listed work, but I never seem to find the time to do that. :(
Mine has only GS, not EE+GS... like all EU 60 gb PS3.
EDIT: sorry, i misunderstood your post... :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back