[360] Alan Wake - Still awake

Yeah, this is by far the game I'm most looking forward to from this years E3...

Too bad it appears the PC version appears to be, at the very least, delayed with respect to the console version.

Regards,
SB

It appears that AW is still an open world game but more story driven.

It seems that many are misconstruing the recent news that Alan Wake is no longer a sandbox game. Thomas Puha, Creative Director for Pelaaja, recently commented on both Bright Falls and the official forums stating corrections from the translated article.

There is still an open world, but due to the story the action is more directed to tell the story better as you’d expect from Remedy. You can still go explore the world between missions, talk to npc’s, but the story and the missions are the key things, not open world roaming in the woods.”

... the experience is a bit more directed because of the story and you’d expect that from Remedy. There’s *plenty* of exploration in the game that the player can do if he wants.

http://www.brightfalls.net/news/631/

I was gonna get the PC version for sure. This news is really really sad :( ! Those guys were showcasing Intel Quad Cores with Alan Wake. I wanted to stress out my rig with it :( !

Slightly bad examples, since the latest iterations of those games have no PC announcements.

True, although i'm still expecting a Halo 3 announcement at some point. The lack of Gears 2 on the PC is one of my biggest disspointments for this generation though. I had hoped for better from Epic but I guess they are well and truly a console dev now.

True, although i'm still expecting a Halo 3 announcement at some point. The lack of Gears 2 on the PC is one of my biggest disspointments for this generation though. I had hoped for better from Epic but I guess they are well and truly a console dev now.

Gears is a Microsoft IP so Xbox 360 only now…
Halo 1, 2 and Gears 1 are Trojans for the 360… you like these games on PCs… for the next Jump in 360! Simple.
For Alan Wake don't really known but I'm more thinking for a another Trojan who give these PR: You thinking that this game got is all beauty on a Monster PC… Now is exclusive for 360 and is more beautiful… Or something like that.

Gears is a Microsoft IP so Xbox 360 only now…
Halo 1, 2 and Gears 1 are Trojans for the 360… you like these games on PCs… for the next Jump in 360! Simple.

I'm not sure I agree tbh. Halo 1 and 2 have been released on the PC so far but both trailing the xbox versions by well over a year. I expect MS intends to release the third at some point on the PC but not until its pretty much forgotton on the 360.

And with Gears, I think Epic decided not to bring the second to PC purely based on the rubbish sales of the first. I don't think they (or anyone else for that matter) expected it to do so badly on the PC. In hindsight though, i guess it should have been expected. If your going to build up PC gamers expectations for a game so highly and then release it on a console first with the PC release following over a year later, you have to expect that most people who want to play the game will already have picked it upon the console. And the rest will feel bitter at being left out in the cold so even if they do pick it up,they are more likely to complain about it that to praise it.

And with Gears, I think Epic decided not to bring the second to PC purely based on the rubbish sales of the first. I don't think they (or anyone else for that matter) expected it to do so badly on the PC. In hindsight though, i guess it should have been expected. If your going to build up PC gamers expectations for a game so highly and then release it on a console first with the PC release following over a year later, you have to expect that most people who want to play the game will already have picked it upon the console. And the rest will feel bitter at being left out in the cold so even if they do pick it up,they are more likely to complain about it that to praise it.

Not to mention that a game that was a graphical showcase for the 360 in 2006 is much less so on the PC in 2007, especially when Crysis is released a week later.

Which is interesting, as Gears was one of the most torrented games for PC at the time according to some trackers I keep tabs on. According to that level of interest, it should have had good sales also, but sales didn't track nearly as well as how often it was downloaded.

Regards,
SB

Which is interesting, as Gears was one of the most torrented games for PC at the time according to some trackers I keep tabs on. According to that level of interest, it should have had good sales also, but sales didn't track nearly as well as how often it was downloaded.

Regards,
SB

People was attract by the first and play it, but don't buy it… so trojan work and the next will be 360 exclusives…

People was attract by the first and play it, but don't buy it… so trojan work and the next will be 360 exclusives…

Pirates dont buy software.

The amount of people who say "I'm going to pirate it and try it out, and if I like it buy it" and then actually carry that out is very small.

As for AW, I wouldn't be surprised at all at a 6 month or one year console exclusive. The reason is, there are some, who own both a gaming PC and 360, who will torrent it on PC, and this will cost some console sales if the release is simultaneous. Admitted or not this is the reason for a lot of delayed PC ports these days (SF4 comes to mind).

Back