[360, PS3] Batman: Arkham Asylum

The game is great! I'm nearing towards the end and I have spent lot's of time on finding hidden stuff and solving riddles. I have now found 210/240 hidden items. Usually I think spending time on finding hidden things is a bit boring, but in this game it's fun. The interview and Archam archives tapes are pretty interesting as well.

They definitely have put effort into this game and it shows. Very polished gameplay and missions and especially Joker is amazing, he repeats some of the dialogue, but still the unique amount of voice content is very substantial. The enemy encounters become more interesting as the game progresses and on overall the whole game gets better as you move forward in it, and it starts pretty good already! I think this would be a 90+ game even without the Batman license and now it gets few extra points.

Killer Croc is pretty scary :smile:

Only challenges left now, everything else is 100 % completed. Hehe I didn't do much else in the last few days besides playing Batman :smile:

I finished the game last night. Would have finished it the night before but I decided I needed a break. Loved it! Yes, The Joker stole the show, but I also think that Kevin Conroy is THE voice of Batman. Arleen as Harley was excellent too! Overall I loved the story. Seemed like a more mature version of the original animated show, but 2 movies long. I loved the stealth & detective gameplay modes the most. Though I agree they could make it better by removing the context sensitive gameplay, but it was still great as it was. The combat mode was cool, but was hard for me to get used to. Never been real good at fighting games. Though I was able to eventually get the hang of it in order to finish game on Normal difficulty.

BTW, for those wondering there will be 2 chances to find all the Riddler Challenges. One chance is right before you fight the last boss. I was able to get all them then. The other chance is after you finish the game. Just start the game from your save once you get back to the main menu. BTW, stay & watch the whole credits, there's a little surprise at the end. ;)

Anybody trying to get all the achievements? I got 34 of the 47 which put me at 655 out of the 1000. I don't think I'll ever be able to get all of them, maybe a couple. As for downloadable content, I hope it's not just added challenge maps. Hopefully some additional Riddler Challenges, Avatar clothes/props or Premium Themes.

Anyway, there's lots of oppurtunities for a sequel with some of the unused villians. But hopefully they will move off the island and into the city.

Tommy McClain

I just kinda wish they would re-populate some of the areas later in the game. I'm right near the end (I think), and now that I have all my wonderful toys, I'm backtracking to solve all the riddles I missed, and I'm just wandering through empty environments the whole time.
The riddles are great, but I need more lunatics to wail on.

Agreed. There some hope that the new DLC might address this. Fingers crossed...

Tommy McClain

I just kinda wish they would re-populate some of the areas later in the game. I'm right near the end (I think), and now that I have all my wonderful toys, I'm backtracking to solve all the riddles I missed, and I'm just wandering through empty environments the whole time.
The riddles are great, but I need more lunatics to wail on.

That's what all the combat challenges are for.

Really fantastic game.

I just finished it. Just a really great game. It just hit all the right notes for me and I loved every bit of it. Extremely high quality. I would say the best I have played this year, and one of the best games so far this generation.

The whole time playing it I was just blown away at the level of quality. This is a AAA game from a developer almost no one has ever heard of before. Graphics, sounds, animation, character designs, level design, game play were all top notch work.

So I'm 5 hours into the game and gotta say it's THE best super hero or Batman game I've ever touched. The gameplay is pure fun especially the stealth and counters, am I the only one who totally dig those interview tapes? This is definitely big production, the only downside is the graphics TBH. The UE3 is showing so much aging in its lighting system that the discrepancy between cutscenes and gameplay is strikingly huge. Still, everything else more than makes up for it being half way through the game.

I agree with the tapes..its Bioshock style.
Dont agree with the visual comment of yours..I think it looks awesome.

I think the graphics are fantastic, maybe with the exception of some of the foliage. I realize it's still a tough thing to nail, but it's almost like they actually went out of their way to make it look crappy in places. The animation is some of the best I've seen.
Not to get all techy again, but is the "wavy-back-and forth-iness" of foliage in most engines some kind of universal parameter that must be either ON or OFF no matter what? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I've just noticed in so many games that indoor foliage always seems to wave in the "breeze" just as much as outdoor foliage.

I personally saw a super-low res texture when the camera was too close to the wall. I think zooming into things like this is like zooming into Cindy Crawford's mole.... if you know what I mean.

I absolutely love this game. To think, it wasn't even on my radar until it was nearing release. I've been playing through all weekend. Will finish it off tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong though, I think the graphics looks pretty good overall, just that the lighting could've been better particularly.

Yes, the lighting lacks shadows from waht I have seen in demos,That is quite typical of UE3 and MTframework this gen. RE5 lacks shadows in any of the indoor lights. Makes everything look flat.

Back