[360, PS3] Batman: Arkham Asylum

AzBat

Agent of the Bat
Legend
For the September issue of Game Informer they have a cover story about a new Batman game that is based on the comic books. It is NOT the rumored game based on the The Dark Knight movie. That rumored game is supposedly being developed by Pandemic Studios and published by EA. However, Batman: AA is being done by RockSteady Studios(North London) and published by Eidos/SCi. RockSteady only has one game under it's belt... Urban Chaos: Riot Chaos for the PS2 and Xbox released back in 2006. Below are the 2 covers for the magazine. These are not scans, they are directly from the GameInformer web site.

gi_cover_batman.jpg

gi_cover_joker.jpg

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200808/N08.0812.1226.23309.htm

You can read the press release from Eidos and Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment here.

It's coming to Xbox 360, PS3 and Game for Windows in 2009. There's a lot of details on it out there that people have posted directly from the magazine. I won't include that here, but if you want you can check out RockSteady's web site here...

http://www.rocksteadyltd.com/

They have the Bat symbol with a counter that countdowns to 17:00 UTC on Friday, August 15. They'll probably have all the juicy details there.

It's an exciting time to be a Batman fan. Looks like we'll be getting Lego Batman, Mortal Kombat vs DC, DC Universe Online, Batman: Arkham Asylum and possibly a Dark Knight game. Can't wait for all of them! :)

Tommy McClain

It's definitely looking better than any other Batman title before it. ;) I personally can't wait.

Tommy McClain

Thanks! That looks pretty good, but definitely need to see some in-game action. Either way, I'm getting it in hopes that maybe for once it won't absolutely suck. LOL

Tommy McClain

Wow, the Batman: Arkham Asylum's looking pretty awesome.

The last Batman game I play was good, but not even close in the graphical department.

Yup, I played the Lego Batman :p.

Back