Resistance 2

I'm right in the middle . I've killed at least 10 waves of guys on those bridges and they still come. So something is up with that .

Anyway i started playing gears of war again with my buddy as he never played single player (sucks at fps games )and wants the cross linking achivements . So resistance is on hold for the next few days as i carry him through insane

10 waves? I've played the game multiple times and there aren't 10 waves even on superhuman. Once these guys spawn and you've killed them that's it, there's no invisible barrier crap like in COD4, there never was.

I'm right in the middle . I've killed at least 10 waves of guys on those bridges and they still come. So something is up with that .

Anyway i started playing gears of war again with my buddy as he never played single player (sucks at fps games )and wants the cross linking achivements . So resistance is on hold for the next few days as i carry him through insane

Please send me your copy of the game .I did'nt have that ten waves.It wasn't hard enough in surhuman with 4-5...

In that part of the game there are more Chimera spawning from somewhere than anywhere else in the game. I didn't stop to count how many waves there were, but there are plenty. More then enough for me to charge over the bridge, and stop the spawning that way.

In that part of the game there are more Chimera spawning from somewhere than anywhere else in the game. I didn't stop to count how many waves there were, but there are plenty. More then enough for me to charge over the bridge, and stop the spawning that way.

I try to get past the bridge but while i'm on the bridge they start coming way to fast. Once i'm over the bridge they stop coming but i have barely any health and the ones still up there normaly kill me .

if i don't cross the bridge i kil lwave after wave untill i'm just tired of doing it

Then the work is cut out for you. Cross the bridge with minimal damage asap. :)

You have a full suite of weapons to complement you. Keep pushing them back, so you don't encounter so many waves. [Muahahaha]

I try to get past the bridge but while i'm on the bridge they start coming way to fast. Once i'm over the bridge they stop coming but i have barely any health and the ones still up there normaly kill me .

if i don't cross the bridge i kil lwave after wave untill i'm just tired of doing it

I usually take some time to kill the one's in front of the bridge, and the one's coming down from the bridge until there only a few left. Then I try to get across. There is health and ammo piled up just before that part, so you can refill if your running low on either.

Yes, I wonder whether the smarter behaviours are for co-op or for higher difficulty level for SP.

I'd love to see the combined behaviour of a mixed group of Chimeras. If all of them are smart in their own ways, this is going to be a very interesting game -- especially for co-op. For SP, this may be the first time I try superhuman on Resistance. I am still apprehensive about the 2-weapon limit. Feels very naked against the strengthened AI.

All-in-all, I am rather happy with their focus on gameplay first, even though they took some bullets for under-representing the graphics.

i think its when you press and hold the alt. fire for the bulleye gun, it will act as a trap for the bullets, so when you fire the gun, the bullets will swarm the bullseye target. then you can aim at an enemy, press the alt. fire button again, and the target with the bullets swarming it will target the enemy (or wherever you aimed) and blow up (if it hits the enemy).

WOW! Does this work in SP? I never saw this happening in R1. Does it work like the alt fire of LAARK? Where u hold the button to stop the rocket in midair and then release to shoot?

EDIT: BTW, the Live wire demo looked quite good actually. I was not getting a very good impressions from the E3 vieos, but watching the Live Wire demo , the Game looked really cool! The need for polish is obvious but in the demo I got the Resistance vibe from the way the Grim level started and the level felt like Resistance this time aroud.From the other vids I was apprehensive that it might be going the Half Life way in the look n feel.This demo has washed that away! Also, we can see the teaser shot with the spaceships in realtime now, walking around n all.

it works in SP for sure. i'm not much of an online gamer so i haven't tried it online.

it's kind of similar to the LAARK i guess, but not quite... theres more work involved with the bullseye. mind you i haven't played RFOM in a while and i've just recently started playing through the SP campaign again... but from what i remember, you fire a missile, then press alt. fire to stop the missile, then release to fire. with the bullseye, you press and hold alt. fire to fire a bullseye target, press regular fire to fire bullets at the target that will swarm it... then you can release alt. fire and fire another target at an enemy and it will target him and explode on contact.

The Bullseye trap works both online and offline. With the alt. fire, press and hold it, you shoot the tag onto an object or even a teammate. With normal fire the bullets will swarm around the tag. Press and hold the alt. fire again to shoot the trap to a different spot. I hardly ever used the trap because it will disappear after a short while.

Hmmm..Will have to try it tonight.I have finished the SP 3 times and never knew about this technique!:???:

Anyways I hardly ever used the alt fire of LAARK either, as the gameplay is fast enough and I am never able to pull off these slow combos.

Did you know the Laark has a third firing mode? Press and hold the normal fire, on impact the rocket will explode and release the small heatseaking missiles, just like would do using the alt. fire. This does not work at close range though.

Man, u r enticing me to fire up Resistance again! Were these modes revealed anywhere\/ or were these found as easter eggs by players who were trying out stuff? I expected such hidden gems only from MGS, not an Insomniac title ! ;)

If I remember correctly these hidden alt. fire modes aren't revealed in the game. I think I heard about the Bullseye trap on the Insomniac podcast, and Laark from players online. I just remembered another alt. fire mode for the Airfuel grenade. Press and hold the circle button, this will allow the gas to reach a wider area, and the gas won't ignite until you release the circle button or to much time expires.

No, when you pick pu the bulleye it tells you that you can tag an enemy by alt fire, but has no mention of a bullseye trap. Sam ewith Laark: it mentions that u can alt fire to stop the rocket mid-air and change its direction but no mention of it sending out heat seeking missiles. Probably left out intentionally for the players to be surprised when they find it out accidently(which I never did!) and to pass it on to others.Gives the game a longer life.

Back