New MGS4 trailer at Sony Keynote (July 11th)

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
I guess that there will be 2 versions, like at last E3. Shorter for Sony Pressconf and uncut 15min version for Konamy booth.

First MGS4 trailer dubbed in English apparently.

Good news. But it sounds like that is all they will show - no playable demo.

Shocking how? It was one of those things that you kinda felt would be @ an E3 event ;)

Eh. Somebody has a broken sarcasm detector? Or is it me? Dunno...or do I?:D
--

I hope there are more playable bits as opposed to being mostly cutscene.

Its being fixed as we speak :p

MGS4 may go MP?

Nothing new(its been a hot topic everywhere for...ever!)

The irony, at the bottom of the page:

Related games:
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PC, xbox, PS2)

Of course they can do a MGS4: Sustenance. The only reason they didn't do one for MGS3 is because there were plenty of PS2s out there by then and Substance didn't do all that well on the Xbox anyway if I remember correctly.

I'd be surprised they were honestly intending to keep MGS4 PS3 only in the first place ... not like the PS2 needed it. But all they need to do is release a demo before Christmas, and then by the time they release the finished game the installbase will have grown considerably. Sure, they can port this game, but it won't be like they'll have a finished 360 version tomorrow.

http://news.com.com/Konami+sees+little+PS3+price+cut+impact/2100-1043_3-6195712.html?tag=nefd.top

""Since Metal Gear Solid was born for the PlayStation, we would like to keep it a PlayStation game. But we might have to take some steps," Kitaue said."

The timing of this quote is a bit odd. Here we are on the eve of E3 with the new trailer being the centerpiece of the Sony arsenal, which i'm sure this guy knows, and he drops this little tidbit? I cant help but feel hes setting expectations for what MS may be saying later tonight?

The timing of this quote is a bit odd. Here we are on the eve of E3 with the new trailer being the centerpiece of the Sony arsenal, which i'm sure this guy knows, and he drops this little tidbit? I cant help but feel hes setting expectations for what MS may be saying later tonight?

With the PR mess that all these companies put out, who the F knows what they're really saying. Assuming that comment is more logical than PR, I'd say he's paving the way for such an announcement. We'll find out tonight, if anything is to come of it.

With the PR mess that all these companies put out, who the F knows what they're really saying. Assuming that comment is more logical than PR, I'd say he's paving the way for such an announcement. We'll find out tonight, if anything is to come of it.

Good point, I made the very bold assumption that some actual thought went into his comments. ;)

Uh... if Sony is featuring an MGS4 video tomorrow in their conference, it's HUGE slap in the face to announce the game is multiplatform today. Why would Konami want to do that? Sony is too valuable as a business partner, IMO. Surely Sony would pull the video if Konami did something like that.

Uh... if Sony is featuring an MGS4 video tomorrow in their conference, it's HUGE slap in the face to announce the game is multiplatform today. Why would Konami want to do that? Sony is too valuable as a business partner, IMO. Surely Sony would pull the video if Konami did something like that.

Nah they wouldnt pull the video. Theyd be very upset but with timed exclusivity theyre no worse off then they were with MGS2 last gen. Anyway, youre barking up the wrong tree, i'm just reacting to Kazumi Kitaue's comments, the head of Konami's North American and European operations.

Somewhat OT here: I keep hearing about publishers saying they have no choice but to go MP to recoup development costs so what I want to ask is for 1 IP, how much does it have to sell to recoup those development costs? (say, the budget was $20 million)

The irony, at the bottom of the page:

Related games:
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PC, xbox, PS2)

Of course they can do a MGS4: Sustenance. The only reason they didn't do one for MGS3 is because there were plenty of PS2s out there by then and Substance didn't do all that well on the Xbox anyway if I remember correctly.
They did make a MGS3: Sustenance, it was just exculsive to the PS2 as well.

Back