360: VF5 Playable Preview

the damage control for PS3 in all of these threads lately is hilarious, you guys have made it an art form.

the PS3 is not nearly what it was proposed to be (remember Xbox 1.5? :rolleyes:) and now that games are not equaling X360 in graphics and performance... and now it's all because of lazy devs or ports.

the damage control for PS3 in all of these threads lately is hilarious, you guys have made it an art form.

the PS3 is not nearly what it was proposed to be (remember Xbox 1.5? :rolleyes:) and now that games are not equaling X360 in graphics and performance... and now it's all because of lazy devs or ports.

Yeah I wonder how many years will pass before people realize that regardless of the reasons why, multiplatform games are worse on PS3 than the 360. We will wait to see if PS3 only games will look better, but from things we have seen, it seems like the answer is vague. It seems that games like layer push of the strength of the ps3 to do things that may be impossible for the 360, but are in in unequivocal terms "better" than the best on 360. I doubt this will change much in the future.

Can someone please explain to me the logic behind presuming that any of the consoles have been tapped out or that any of these multiplatform titles are indicative of total capability?

When in the history of gaming has the first or second generation of games been the pinnacle showcase for any system? Moreover, how does one rationalize system capability from multiplatform titles when BOTH 360 and PS3 have games that are clearly visually (technically) superior to multiplatorm titles?

Do you realize how ridiculous you look when you sit there and relentlessly argue (despite clear factual data) about your undying preference for one console over the other? I was unaware that the average age on this board was below 18, because clearly, I'm not seeing rational individuals who can make purchasing decisions without having to slight other peoples preferences.

Perhaps not in logical space, but it would be for the same reasons why a 20GB hard drive is better to have than two non-identical 10GB drives (for storage). That is, with any of your hard drives, have you ever reached 0 bytes exactly or anywhere near it? There's bound to be wasted space as you may not be able to have one file span both drives. It's probably not as huge a deal on consoles though. So that leaves the OS, to which scooby is more likely referring.
I'm no expert on this but I think the memory situation on the PS3 is the more optimal one seeing as it's the same amount of memory with approximately twice the bandwidth.

I am so sick of hearing lazy devs as much as I am sick of hearing RROD!

If the devs were so lazy, the first iteration would have sucked too. Both consoles are within spitting distance of each other, does it really matter? If you have a 360 get that version and if you have a ps3 get that. If you have both, great for you! Get the better version!

There is also the other side of posts trying to do "damage" as well.

I didnt know for example that Armored Core2 was so hard to do on the PS3. Or madden. Or NFS. Or that the PS3 is incapable of supporting online play for Virtua Tennis. Or that FEAR couldnt have been better in both controls and graphics.

[sarcasm]Perhaps the PS3 sucks and it its technically inferior in every aspect compared to a 360.[/sarcasm]

Developers themselves said it well. Games developed from the beginning on the PS3's architecture and fully with its capabilities in mind are the games that will show the right quality on the console. Otherwise things wont look so good. And I see no reason why they (the devs) would do any damage control on purpose

Last edited by a moderator:

i don't think its because of "lazy devs", but being a port is a legitimate excuse (when it is in fact a port). its logical that a port should, in most cases, be inferior.

also, for most game developers, this is the first time working on the ps3. so like i said, its not a matter of how many multiplat games look better on 360, but how they compare after a year or so. at this point, i think the ps3 has more headroom than the 360 imho.

Well Gamespot said VF5 on 360 looks somewhat inferior so far. However, they were the only place I know of saying this.

But I'd wait for final version reviews to declare anything.

This whole discussion is getting really ridiculous. Frankly, the whole knee-jerk "It's multiplatform. Yes, but X is the lead platform. Yadda Yadda" is not only completely devoid of any sensible information, but it's also not B3D approved discussion at all: This is underlined by the very fact that this discussion is taking place in the Console Games forum. In fact, there have been zero tangible arguments, everyone concentrated very hard on giving opinions.

Moreover, I'd like to remind everyone once again to look at the thread title. Where does it say "Console X vs Console Y"? It's about the X360 version of VF5, anything else is just off topic.

So, what's allowed in here?

a) VF5 discussion focused on the X360
b) VF5 gameplay discussion
c) technical VF5 discussion, e.g. it has AA, but no anisotropic filtering (just an example)

Finally, let me make one thing very clear, the next poster(s) who start(s) this inane discussion again that just contains all noise no signal will get a break.

VF5 confirmed online + latest arcade iteration for the 360

http://www.gamefront.de/

On-line duels: Virtua Fighter 5 supports Xbox live one

06.07.07 - Sega communicates that the flogging play Virtua Fighter will support 5 on-line duels via Xbox live one. The play mechanics are based besides on the newest update of the play hall version.

Furthermore this version can be played also with tax cross and had a Force feedback function. In addition Virtua Fighter 5 contains an extended Quest mode with more CCU opponents, objects and articles of equipment for character adjustment.

The DOJO mode new functions were added, among them rank lists, training move attitudes, improved throw and alternate training as well as an option, in order to adapt the position and the recovery factor of the opponent. The DOJO mode, in which the players can optimize their combat tactics, is thus more extensive than before.

In the opponent mode for two players over Xbox live one can be begun in Virtua Fighter 5 now on-line against each other. 17 characters are selectable and in the Quest mode individually adaptable. The characters can be equipped with one of four basis costumes and to be supplemented this with numerous free-playable objects. Release: Autumn 2007 (Europe)

Back