Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) Impressions

Yeah, well, it would have to be some funky connector right? because MS for some reason abhors standards.

:LOL:

As always, guilty until proven innocent.

I think MS is more looking in the direction of their "XFPS" although personally I would prefer KB/MS and just allow a simple filter... I too want to show some dual analog users that all KB/MS does rule surpeme :devilish:

That's great to hear - looking around is exactly what I figured motion control would be great for.

Also nice to hear that they are sticking to their old habits - the old PS2 version (Unreal Championship I think) also supported mouse and keyboard, I think.

I think that should work pretty good. I recently saw the Monster House making of where they used motion control for the camera movements. That thing looked almost like a game controller.

A SIXAXIS aiming/looking implementation? Despite what the Sony rep says I'm a bit skeptical as to the reliability of such a feature.

I don't see where it says it is the PS3 version?

I dont see were it says it is'nt ;)

Id say it is the PS3 version IMO, the movement of the weapon and aiming are'nt very smooth. If it were the PC version the aim movement would be ALOT smoother because of the K/B and mouse, this looks like its being played with a pad.

Id say it is the PS3 version IMO, the movement of the weapon and aiming are'nt very smooth. If it were the PC version the aim movement would be ALOT smoother because of the K/B and mouse, this looks like its being played with a pad.

That, and at the beginning of the video, it sounds like someone is asking about the HDD(possibly PS3's HDD?) and I heard the word "caching" thrown in there too during the HDD segment.

The guns were too loud for me to hear clearly whatever conversation was going on in the background :???:

One can say it's the 360 version too then ;)

All I am saying is that nowhere it says what version it is for conclusively and the post clearly stated it was the PS3 version. I'd like some proof if it was/wasn't.

One can say it's the 360 version too then ;)

All I am saying is that nowhere it says what version it is for conclusively and the post clearly stated it was the PS3 version. I'd like some proof if it was/wasn't.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/gamespy/ps3-ut3-supports-keyboard-mouse-sixaxis-243125.php

In this article it stated that the UT3 PS3 version was playable (which links back to the gamespy article) on the show floor during the GDC. Since I have heard nothing about a 360 version being available at the GDC that leaves us putting two and two together (since the jeux clip is of gameplay at GDC).

As far as that goes there is really no identifiable way that this is infact the PS3 version being played. :D

Two questions:

1) Will mouse and controller players play together? because in that case your screwed if you dont use a mouse.
2) How can you play with a mouse and keyboard while sitting on the couch? I always thought consoles were to play relaxed.

Two questions:

1) Will mouse and controller players play together? because in that case your screwed if you dont use a mouse.
2) How can you play with a mouse and keyboard while sitting on the couch? I always thought consoles were to play relaxed.

Good questions. As for 1) the developers themselves mentioned this issue a year or two ago, but if I remember correctly their take wasnt all that positive

phantomlapboard.jpg

Two questions:

1) thats exactly why a lot of console gamers prefer no k/m support. i think it would be good to have a room just for gamepad users, but there probably won't be that many people playing in there.
2) don't wireless k/m work on the ps3?

That is nice. I expect it to be expensive and hard to find though
1) thats exactly why a lot of console gamers prefer no k/m support. i think it would be good to have a room just for gamepad users, but there probably won't be that many people playing in there.
2) don't wireless k/m work on the ps3?

1)Perhaps they can join the same servers as the ones used by the PC owners. Epic did hint something about it in the past I think, that they would have loved to get PC and console owners to compete each other. But they were a little worried about the number of console owners that would actually use keyboard and mouse. If most of them use game pads they will be slaughtered by PC gamers. It would be nice though if they give the chance to console gamers to choose between console specific and PC servers according to the controls they have under their disposal

2)Yeah but I think he was wondering how relaxed can you be with a keyboard and mouse on your lab, or having a table with keyboard and mouse in front of a couch. We dont tend to play our consoles on desks.

Rounin's suggestion is intreresting though

yeah, they should make it so PS3 players with k/m can only play with PC players, and PS3 players can only play with gamepads.

I dont know. I personally would really like to test the whole kb/m vs controller battle for myself. I can not honestly say which I feel more comfortable with nor do I feel that playing with a controller against a mouse is necessarily a guaranteed loss.

Back