The Official RV630/RV610 Rumours & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its up to the vendor, but I would suspect that the soldered down HDMI output would take priority and the audio from the GPU would be routed to that (in otherwords audio would not be routed to the DVI as there is no need for an HDMI adapter in this case).

One of those three outputs would also have to be running in clone mode with another as well.

After a good night of sleep, I can explain myself a bit better again, and what you said last is exactly what I meant; the chips have 2 transmitters for DVI(/HDMI) and 1 output for TV-Out, right? So to have 1x HDMI + 1x DVI + 1x VGA, one would need to be running in clone mode, or the VGA would have to somehow be eating the TV-Outs signal, which I don't think it can?

Actually, if these numbers are true and you consider the 8600 GT/GTS scaling, it's likely that HD 2600XT DDR4 will trade blows with the 8600 GTS, winning some (CoH, Rainbow 6) and losing others (i.e. FEAR).

PS: and probably could lose some more with AA enabled.

Actually, if these numbers are true and you consider the 8600 GT/GTS scaling, it's likely that HD 2600XT DDR4 will trade blows with the 8600 GTS, winning some (CoH, Rainbow 6) and losing others (i.e. FEAR).

The problem is the gddr4 version nowhere listed yet and no price information, looks like as a fantom card ;)
I think its will cost 150/170euro 256/512mb version, ~50% more than the gddr3 version, and its maybe avarege ~10% faster.

anyone who thinks that ATi will try same survival tactics as NV in times of NV3x ?
Making money from lowend while losing miserably in high-end?

Long love 2400, the new 5200 :)

anyone who thinks that ATi will try same survival tactics as NV in times of NV3x ?
Making money from lowend while losing miserably in high-end?

Long love 2400, the new 5200 :)

To be fair, the 2400 is "OK" in performance and is feature-rich whereas the 5200 was truly awful.

Still, neither is/was very good for playing many of the games available at the time they are/were released. Which is why they are cheap!

The problem is the gddr4 version nowhere listed yet and no price information, looks like as a fantom card ;)
I think its will cost 150/170euro 256/512mb version, ~50% more than the gddr3 version, and its maybe avarege ~10% faster.

That's about the same situation of 8600 GT/GTS ;)
And, anyway, we have some pricing rumors about ATI cards:

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1603&Itemid=1

(OK, we know that in FUDO we can't trust, anyway)

To be fair, the 2400 is "OK" in performance and is feature-rich whereas the 5200 was truly awful.

Still, neither is/was very good for playing many of the games available at the time they are/were released. Which is why they are cheap!
5200 was feature rich too - DX9 (slower than competition but cheaper), multimedia capabilities - DVI & tv-out , so Geo's argument holds true - "few people out there buy low-end for games, OEMs want feature list" :LOL:

Digitimes is reporting NDA lift for the 28th. http://digitimes.com/mobos/a20070625PD212.html

Ocworkbench write the same today:
Initial results reported by some sites show that the results of the HD 2600XT seems to be a bit of a disappointing when compared to the NVIDIA 8600GTS. they claimed that the 8600GTS exceeds the performance of the HD 2600XT by a fairly large margin. The closest in performance would be the 8600GT card.
We will be able to confirm this tomorrow with our own review of the HD 2600XT. Stay tuned to ocworkbench.

Last edited by a moderator:
5200 was feature rich too - DX9 (slower than competition but cheaper), multimedia capabilities - DVI & tv-out , so Geo's argument holds true - "few people out there buy low-end for games, OEMs want feature list" :LOL:

I agree, a lot of 5200's where sold in Dell's etc and it was definitely an upgrade from the GF4 MX that where being pushed out to unwitting punters at the time.

I agree, a lot of 5200's where sold in Dell's etc and it was definitely an upgrade from the GF4 MX that where being pushed out to unwitting punters at the time.

I thought I remembered that the 5200's were actually slower in some games than the GF4 MX it replaced. Could be wrong here, but that's the impression I got. It's all so long ago, I can't even be bothered to look this up.

I thought I remembered that the 5200's were actually slower in some games than the GF4 MX it replaced. Could be wrong here, but that's the impression I got. It's all so long ago, I can't even be bothered to look this up.
Well, perhaps in some games 2400 will be slower than X1300XT and 2600 slower than 1650XT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back