DIRT: Colin McRae Off-Road

yeah thats because they are photoshoped.

To clear things up this could be in Sony terms, a so called "Rendered Within Specs" Image.
Unless we see Gameplay Movies its FAKE, BULLSHOT, whatever...

Look @the Images. Its like a Lightyear jump from Motorstorm GFX don't you think?

To clear things up this could be in Sony terms, a so called "Rendered Within Specs" Image.
Unless we see Gameplay Movies its FAKE, BULLSHOT, whatever...

Look @the Images. Its like a Lightyear jump from Motorstorm GFX don't you think?

Well, I was more thinking about how Motorstorm looked much better in a scaled down image ...

Mr CEO does have a point.

If there is ONE thing that i hate about Motorstorm now is that in the initial CG the coolest thing was how the mud and smoke and dirt in general looked and behaved. Now that is all gone in favour of much much lesser quality dirt. Now it looks ok, but before it just looked amazing.

(can't believe i'm discussing about the quality of dirt...)

New screens:

cm2.jpg

cm1.jpg

cm3.jpg

cm5.jpg

C&VG said:
Even the way cars roll and crash has been subjected to a sprinkling of PS3 wonder dust, shying away from the totally over-the-top explosions of metal and rubber seen in games like Burnout. Instead cars will bend, buckle and be torn apart realistically according to what they hit and where, so every accident will be different.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=148055

i want to see that in person to believe it. cause if i take these shots on faith that would mean codemasters just surpassed polyphony in shading modelling - and that's just damn probabilistically thin.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks desent but the shading/modelling of the cars is mediocre compared with GT.
Particularly in the first screenshot which is the most gameplay like , the car looks almost 2d.
Hdr lighiting is overdone and the smoke in the 4rth screen is ok but nothing omg.

It looks desent but the shading/modelling of the cars is mediocre compared with GT.
Particularly in the first screenshot which is the most gameplay like , the car looks almost 2d.
Hdr lighiting is overdone and the smoke in the 4rth screen is ok but nothing omg.

Are we looking at the same screens? This looks far and away better than any of the other racer's we've seen this gen. The 3rd shot could easily be mistaken for real (blur is a bit excessive though) and the smoke in the 4th looks way better than anything I've ever seen.

I think it looks more realistic than GT HD Premium at the minute, the models don't appear to be on the same level as GT in the attention to detail stakes.

I cannot see that being the case when GT HD Premium is actually released though.

Those screens look great, and probably too in motion. Still shouldn't forget that this game is basically about one car on screen + the environment. What I see is somewhat what I expected from this quality series.

Thats too realistic. The motion blurr, dust and lighting are superb. I also love the fact that the dust also has bits of rocks and leaves in it, not just a blurry thing.

This looks too good to be true. A game developed on a middleware engine and it looks a hell of a lot better than Motorstorm AND it's coming out early 2007?

Expect to be dissapointed when game vids come out...

The last shot (WRX) has the best lighting i've seen in a racing game.

The second shot though is strange.... the blurry wheels dont fit with the non-blurry background.
Its like the car is doing a 4wd burnout in the one spot (without tyre marks)???:???:

Lastly, in theory, CM Cars should have more polys and look better than GT:HD and Forza 2 since the engine only has to display 1 car on track (excluding ghost)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back