Heavenly Sword (wow)

The steady stream of media from e.g. Motorstorm says you're wrong.

More power to the ninjas if they delay it to make it better (i.e. meet their ambitious initial targets at all). The expectations about that game as the first thing that will show what the PS3 is capable of are so high (well, at least on forums, I dunno if "normal people" even know about it), they can't afford to release something meh-licious.

... like they did with Lair? ;)

That's BS and we(B3Ders, DeanoC, and nAo) know it. I wish they were allowed to tell us not to expect it in March. I don't want to see people crying when it comes out this fall.

I'm guessing that if the game doesn't get released, then surely a playable demo will be put up for download.

If they delay it to the fall, they will be releasing to a crowded field -- GTA4, FFXIII on the PS3 alone.

Tough thing to do with a new game nobody has heard of.

Then again, in March, even PS3 owners may be going for God of War 2.

If they delay it to the fall, they will be releasing to a crowded field -- GTA4, FFXIII on the PS3 alone.

No way FFXIII ships in Fall 2007. Even a Japanese release would be a miracle, and on top of that localizations of numbered FF games have delayed US/EU releases by an additional 6-9 months in the past 3 iterations (FFX, FFX-2, FFXII) - and HS seems to be a US/EU targeted game.

I hope they delay it long enough to add blood and a jump function. I want them to include everything the game needs. I don't care if it takes them two more years.

Quite frankly, Heavenly Sword looks incredibly fun and exciting. The graphics are looking constantly improving and the action looks fantastic. But the truth of the matter is that if they tone it down to prevent it from getting an MA rating like God of War that I'm going to be very dissapointed.

The truth of the matter is that if a game like Heavenly Sword is going to push for realism at all then it must be very violent. I think it will be silly if Nariko has all kinds of swords and weapons but that they barely injure her enemies. We need blood, severed limbs, and impalement. Why? Because what do you think a giant sword being swung around by a super powered person would do?

God of War had the right idea. They had a violent story so they included realistic violence. Heavenly Sword is a violent game so they need to include realistic violence.

I'm excited about Heavenly Sword. I think it's going to be a marvel with great AI, huge crowds of enemies, and great combat. But if the violence is not realistic I'm going to be let down.

The truth of the matter is that if a game like Heavenly Sword is going to push for realism at all then it must be very violent.
The game's about a divine sword that splits into differnt combinations, enchanting a woman so she only has 24 hours to live but is embued with super-human combat abilities and takes on whole armies. What's realistic about that?!

Quite frankly, Heavenly Sword looks incredibly fun and exciting. The graphics are looking constantly improving and the action looks fantastic. But the truth of the matter is that if they tone it down to prevent it from getting an MA rating like God of War that I'm going to be very dissapointed.

The truth of the matter is that if a game like Heavenly Sword is going to push for realism at all then it must be very violent. I think it will be silly if Nariko has all kinds of swords and weapons but that they barely injure her enemies. We need blood, severed limbs, and impalement. Why? Because what do you think a giant sword being swung around by a super powered person would do?

God of War had the right idea. They had a violent story so they included realistic violence. Heavenly Sword is a violent game so they need to include realistic violence.

I'm excited about Heavenly Sword. I think it's going to be a marvel with great AI, huge crowds of enemies, and great combat. But if the violence is not realistic I'm going to be let down.

I won't buy MA rated games. I really want to play HS. However, I can't play games that are MA in front of my kid. Her mental health is more important to me than my gaming enjoyment.

I won't buy MA rated games. I really want to play HS. However, I can't play games that are MA in front of my kid. Her mental health is more important to me than my gaming enjoyment.

Why dont you just disable blood and gore? Then it will be almost as any other non-MA game...

I guess it is a never ending debatte on whether a game like this should be having blood and gore or not. Having it will most likely give it a rating that might prevent it from reaching certain younger market, on the other hand most likely right now that market doesn't really have a PS3, so it should not severely impact the sales of the game, so I guess we will have to wait and see what they do.

Anyway, if the game is comming in two months shouldn't the hype train start rolling with full speed just about now?...

I'm a little confused as to why so many people seem to care so much about the inclusion of blood and gore..

Are people so twisted in their tastes that they want to pollute their minds with such horrific violence?

As far as i'm concerned whether it's there or not doesn't make much of a difference to me.. You don't get to see it in the majority of weapon-centric Kung fu movies around and it doesn't make the action any less spectacular.. And since Heavenly sword draws inspirations from these said movies I don't see what the big deal is about the lack of blood/gore..

Nobody complained about Soul Calibur's lack of it (and didn't you enjoy such images of non-gore/blood-filled cartoon violence from the likes of tom & jerry, during the days of your youth?)

So what's the difference..?

I'm a little confused as to why so many people seem to care so much about the inclusion of blood and gore..

Are people so twisted in their tastes that they want to pollute their minds with such horrific violence?

As far as i'm concerned whether it's there or not doesn't make much of a difference to me.. You don't get to see it in the majority of weapon-centric Kung fu movies around and it doesn't make the action any less spectacular.. And since Heavenly sword draws inspirations from these said movies I don't see what the big deal is about the lack of blood/gore..

Nobody complained about Soul Calibur's lack of it (and didn't you enjoy such images of non-gore/blood-filled cartoon violence from the likes of tom & jerry, during the days of your youth?)

So what's the difference..?

I agree. I dont like this either. Heavely Sword is a work of art. Its beautiful to behold. The art direction is what makes it so great. I am very sad that people want gore and blood so much instead of marvelling the beauty of this game and the work these developes have put in it.

Back