F1 '06 (PS3) new pics

I ve never expected I d be surprised THAT much by Sony's TGS presence.

It surpassed every expectation of mine. They went full force. So many surprises in one show

Exactly. And i never expected that this title would go so far. Imo that's the best looking next gen racer on all platforms right now!:oops:

Exactly. And i never expected that this title would go so far. Imo that's the best looking next gen racer on all platforms right now!:oops:

Agreed..this is the best looking next gen racer yet. Still think Motorstorm is overall more impressive though.
Edit: Those rain drops are toyshop ATI demo quality which is great to see, but I don't think they are physics based.

Last edited by a moderator:
The game is turning out to be a real gem.

Probably the only bad thing I can say about this game is that the tire wheels are still not perfectly round!

In the cockpit view or over the tire view it is noticeable. I wonder what the performance penanlty is for solving this. Or are we going to have to wait for the next generation of consoles for this.

It shouldn't be too hard (he says, not having to write any of it!) to have a wheel engine running on a SPE to generate a wheel mesh based on a formula. It's basically a cylinder. It should be possible to LOD to a very fine wheel, especially if you only create tri's for the visible parts.

Personaly, I'm really pleased with the way this game looks.

Not that I'm specifically a F1 game fan, but because this is very good news for the other Liverpool PS3 project. :mrgreen:

http://www.playsyde.com/leech_3063_1_en.html
new gameplay video, the water effect looks pretty cool.
4dpi7b8wz7.jpg

when I saw that screen before reading your comment I thought the TV screen was wet for real :LOL:

Not that I'm specifically a F1 game fan, but because this is very good news for the other Liverpool PS3 project. :mrgreen:

Hehe, not knowing much about F1 myself I have to admit thats the first thing that came to mind when I saw the footage. "Holy crap... Wipeout is gonna be amazing!" :)

The water effects are nice. BUT. They're just "overlayed" on top of the image, in the point they change PoV several times, including to "first person view", the water effect doesn't change a slightest bit in any point of it.

And at least imo "first person view" should include the visor :cool:

Is god on their team or something because this i really didn’t expect from Sony Liverpool

Well, to be totally honest, the UK Sony studios have always been VERY good when it comes to graphics and pushing the hardware. That applies to PS2, and examples are Primal, The Getaway, Ghosthunter and a few others.

The problem is that they seem to stop there and not do much about the gameplay aspect of the games.

Well, to be totally honest, the UK Sony studios have always been VERY good when it comes to graphics and pushing the hardware. That applies to PS2, and examples are Primal, The Getaway, Ghosthunter and a few others.

The problem is that they seem to stop there and not do much about the gameplay aspect of the games.

typical brit.

Back