Current Generation Games Analysis Technical Discussion [2023] [XBSX|S, PS5, PC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS5 and XSX offer 2 display modes, XSS one.
- Quality mode increases the maximum resolution to 2160p with temporal reconstruction from approximately 1440p. Performance mode limits the resolution to 1440p from 1080p-972p. Average resolution is slightly higher in XSX.

- Performance mode cuts beyond resolution, affecting textures, geometry, draw distance or vegetation.

- On PS5 and XSX we have Ray-Tracing applied on some reflections and ambient occlusion. RT cannot be disabled and is applied in both graphics modes.

- XSS lacks Ray-Tracing and suffers cuts in several settings. Shadows, texturing, geometry, vegetation, reflections or post-processing, but the most remarkable is the global illumination.

- The global illumination in XSS is simpler, which causes significant differences in several areas with respect to the other versions.
- All versions have an adjustable FOV. - Loading times are faster on PC, followed by PS5.
- In terms of performance, PS5/XSX and XSS quality mode suffer from some stuttering issues in certain areas (as was the case in the first game). In performance mode, PS5 has a more stable framerate compared to XSX, but the drops in certain stage loads are more pronounced on Sony's platform.

- I have decided not to show various graphs on PC performance because I consider the game to be broken on this platform. Numerous performance glitches and lack of optimization force me to temporarily advise against this version, with drops below 50fps using an RTX 4080 with FSR.

- It's a shame to see how Respawn can't seem to get UE4 properly optimized for their game. It really contrasts to see such a fun game, with such a high budget, and such an improved performance. Hopefully their third installment will take better advantage of the hardware with UE5.

PS5 and XSX offer 2 display modes, XSS one.
- Quality mode increases the maximum resolution to 2160p with temporal reconstruction from approximately 1440p. Performance mode limits the resolution to 1440p from 1080p-972p. Average resolution is slightly higher in XSX.

- Performance mode cuts beyond resolution, affecting textures, geometry, draw distance or vegetation.

- On PS5 and XSX we have Ray-Tracing applied on some reflections and ambient occlusion. RT cannot be disabled and is applied in both graphics modes.

- XSS lacks Ray-Tracing and suffers cuts in several settings. Shadows, texturing, geometry, vegetation, reflections or post-processing, but the most remarkable is the global illumination.

- The global illumination in XSS is simpler, which causes significant differences in several areas with respect to the other versions.
- All versions have an adjustable FOV. - Loading times are faster on PC, followed by PS5.
- In terms of performance, PS5/XSX and XSS quality mode suffer from some stuttering issues in certain areas (as was the case in the first game). In performance mode, PS5 has a more stable framerate compared to XSX, but the drops in certain stage loads are more pronounced on Sony's platform.

- I have decided not to show various graphs on PC performance because I consider the game to be broken on this platform. Numerous performance glitches and lack of optimization force me to temporarily advise against this version, with drops below 50fps using an RTX 4080 with FSR.

- It's a shame to see how Respawn can't seem to get UE4 properly optimized for their game. It really contrasts to see such a fun game, with such a high budget, and such an improved performance. Hopefully their third installment will take better advantage of the hardware with UE5.
Wow El analista Debits got the resolutions completely wrong The internal res is FAR lower

Wow El analista Debits got the resolutions completely wrong The internal res is FAR lower
The write up says the performance mode is reconstructed from between 972p and 1080p up to 1440p. Is the internal res actually even lower?

Is does look shockingly bad at times in performance mode with loads of aliasing and shimmering and has loads of what I assume are FSR artifacts when you move the camera.

The write up says the performance mode is reconstructed from between 972p and 1080p up to 1440p. Is the internal res actually even lower?

Is does look shockingly bad at times in performance mode with loads of aliasing and shimmering and has loads of what I assume are FSR artifacts when you move the camera.
Yeah, it can’t be far lower than 972-1080p lol.

Jedi was designed to run at 30 FPS. This performance mode is a joke. "Next Gen" console and then upscaling from ~1080p with FSR performance and reduced quality.
I think console gaming has to go back to simpler times.

I think console gaming has to go back to simpler times.
I want this at 4,000fps.

dragons.gif

40 years on, those janky dragons from the Atari 2600 game Adventure still freak me out. I just need to be freaked out faster and more consistently. :no:

There's a very simple yet effective solution to get rid of stuttering and low performance in PC games.
Games generally, not just PC. For many years I have not pre-ordered a gameprior to launch unless I have I seen the launch performance on the platform I intend to play on.

In this scenario, pre-order may mean pre-ordering something 12-24 hours ahead of release. I absolutely not will buy something unseen in performance terms.

The game is using up to 16GB VRAM (process) on a 24GB GPU when you play long enough. So this whole measurement is useless when reviewers dont looking deeper into it.

The game has weird glowy orange hair in lit scenes on Series S and usually non ray traced cards. What's up with that?

I was happily playing but now I'm at a location where my hair gets orange glow whenever I move. Ray tracing somehow fixes it. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back