AMD FSR antialiasing discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 90741
  • Start date
Tried the fsr2.0 mod on 2077, I don’t think this thing is playable at all. All those disocclusion ghosting is heavy as hell when driving the car. Pretty sure some thing is broken as I remember fsr2 has disocclusion test

FSR 2.1 on consoles they say ? :unsure:

qa87bc.JPG

In Cyberpunk FSR 2.1 has a dynamic resolution option which allows setting minimum and maximum resolution scale between 50-100% and target fps, 12-240. With this it's also possible to set a custom static resolution (say 75% or 100%) simply by entering the same value in min and max res scale.

Very nice! Hopefully someone mods this so it's possible to do the same with DLSS.

In Cyberpunk FSR 2.1 has a dynamic resolution option which allows setting minimum and maximum resolution scale between 50-100% and target fps, 12-240. With this it's also possible to set a custom static resolution (say 75% or 100%) simply by entering the same value in min and max res scale.

Very nice! Hopefully someone mods this so it's possible to do the same with DLSS.

That's really cool. I'm going to try it out now.

That's really cool. I'm going to try it out now.
Weird that they haven't provided the same option for DLSS now that they've implemented it for FSR 2.1 - I'm guessing this is how it's working on consoles hence why it's an easy thing to add it on PC.
But it should be just as easy to provide the same input data to DLSS theoretically.

FSR 2.1 on consoles they say ? :unsure:

qa87bc.JPG

I hope someone at df is looking at this and showing comparisons cause this is great news. People were saying early on that FSR2 had no point on consoles so I am very interested to see if there is any impact at all to this addition and why they might have added it

I hope someone at df is looking at this and showing comparisons cause this is great news. People were saying early on that FSR2 had no point on consoles so I am very interested to see if there is any impact at all to this addition and why they might have added it
FSR2.x may not have a particular performance benefit compared to what's currently available on console, but image quality could very well be better.
The other benefit is democratisation of good quality TAAUv2 to console games.

Thing is, on PC TAAUv2 wasn't used as much/at all compared to console.

FSR2.x may not have a particular performance benefit compared to what's currently available on console, but image quality could very well be better.
The other benefit is democratisation of good quality TAAUv2 to console games.

Thing is, on PC TAAUv2 wasn't used as much/at all compared to console.
I wonder if they could use FSR2 as an excuse to further lower the internal resolution of games that don't have sophisticated image reconstruction already in order to claw back some gpu performance? I heard that fsr2 can scale to a 4k like presentation even at 1080p

I don't know how feasible that is since I know fsr2 inherently has a performance cost just to using it. But it's interesting to think about 🤔

This mod is excellent and works in a lot of games, not just Cyberpunk, despite the mod's name. I used it in Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition and it works like a charm.

Basically what it does is that it acts as a wrapper that converts DLSS calls into their FSR 2 equivalent, so you can play games meant to use DLSS as if you had a native nVidia card.

I detailed my experience with it here:

Tried the fsr2.0 mod on 2077, I don’t think this thing is playable at all. All those disocclusion ghosting is heavy as hell when driving the car. Pretty sure some thing is broken as I remember fsr2 has disocclusion test
the mod I linked to in the previous post, includes an Anti-Ghosting version published just a few days ago, November 12h. It's called FidelityFx Super Resolution 2.1 Anti-Ghosting Beta.

the mod I linked to in the previous post, includes an Anti-Ghosting version published just a few days ago, November 12h. It's called FidelityFx Super Resolution 2.1 Anti-Ghosting Beta.
Cyberpunk has native FSR 2.1 nowadays, though.

Back