Microsoft rumored to be buying...... [2020-04, 2020-07, 2020-11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I love the MGS games, I don't think they would be that good without Kojima's weirdness. I have a feeling that any western development house would turn into a standard-ish military shooter and that misses out on the whole point of MGS.

Regards,
SB

Not just western development studios. Take a look at Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (I still hate that stupid bloody title) or Metal Gear Survive (ironically, the game the proved Metal Gear is dead.) Both fail to capture the essence of Kojima's Metal Gear games.

But yeah, western studios wouldn't be able to resist going military shooter themed with yet another Fortnite clone.

It would nice if MS purchased company that develops Euro Truck Simulator and Train Simulator - and using the same engine as Microsoft Simulator they could use it as a single platform for simulator games

It would nice if MS purchased company that develops Euro Truck Simulator and Train Simulator - and using the same engine as Microsoft Simulator they could use it as a single platform for simulator games

Funnily enough, Microsoft was doing that themselves internally with Flight simulator and Train simulator, building a common simulation platform, but FS 11 and Train sim were cancelled before they could use it. They sold the rights to it to Lockheed Martin, who use it as the base of their Prepar3d simulation platform. They make a consumer-facing version of it, as well as using it for full-motion sims.

Funnily enough, Microsoft was doing that themselves internally with Flight simulator and Train simulator, building a common simulation platform, but FS 11 and Train sim were cancelled before they could use it. They sold the rights to it to Lockheed Martin, who use it as the base of their Prepar3d simulation platform. They make a consumer-facing version of it, as well as using it for full-motion sims.
I remember there was Microsoft Train Simulator

Not just western development studios. Take a look at Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (I still hate that stupid bloody title) or Metal Gear Survive (ironically, the game the proved Metal Gear is dead.) Both fail to capture the essence of Kojima's Metal Gear games.

But yeah, western studios wouldn't be able to resist going military shooter themed with yet another Fortnite clone.

To me metal gear rising is a true metal gear game but with different gameplay, that really fits Raiden.

Even in the main metal gear solid, Raiden is always over the top.

Metal hear rising with the same philosophy as the main fetal gear solid would feels too samey and less appropriate for Raiden IMO.

Btw MS also could make strong ID@XBOX in Japan by tapping into the doujin games. Guide and fund them to make their game into a real standalone game.

"Phil Spencer seems to deny a recent report by Bloomberg which stated that several Japanese studios have been approached by Microsoft for acquisition purposes, calling the report "not accurate" https://t.co/XieYBy5dEX?amp=1"

This might be from the interview I posted in the XSX thread.

He actually also said he's not in all meetings taking place, so sounds like he's staying he wouldn't categorize it in the manner its being portrayed.

I'll add it here also

Metal hear rising with the same philosophy as the main fetal gear solid would feels too samey and less appropriate for Raiden IMO.

Sorry, sorry...I just have to, I can't resist.

Coming Summer 2021 ... Fetal Gear Solid ... This time Snake is out to get those mecha-abortionists and get revenge for all the unborn babies in the world that have been killed by mecha-abortion doctors!

Again sorry, sorry. You may all now go back to what you were doing. :p

Regards,
SB

"Phil Spencer seems to deny a recent report by Bloomberg which stated that several Japanese studios have been approached by Microsoft for acquisition purposes, calling the report "not accurate" https://t.co/XieYBy5dEX?amp=1"

Does anybody else find it really difficult to focus on what Phil Spencer says in these WFH videos? Let's be honest, we all are just scanning the background to see what the hell he's got there now.

That's pretty close... But..
There are no heroes. Never were. Just killers... hired to do some wet work.
To me metal gear rising is a true metal gear game but with different gameplay, that really fits Raiden.

Even in the main metal gear solid, Raiden is always over the top.

Btw MS also could make strong ID@XBOX in Japan by tapping into the doujin games. Guide and fund them to make their game into a real standalone game.
I didnt feel the same at all. Gameplay was awesome but the plot and characters diluted the depth of the MGS plot.

Does anybody else find it really difficult to focus on what Phil Spencer says in these WFH videos? Let's be honest, we all are just scanning the background to see what the hell he's got there now.

How did you know that's exactly what I was doing just now?

(Well before being pulled away to sort out troublesome threads)

Just to help out. The next Xbox prototype shell for 2024/25 is in the background.

Hehehe, shhhh, don't anyone tell him there actually isn't...
... or is there? Shhhhhh.

Can you find it? :D

Regards,
SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back