Xbox Game Pass, Game Pass Ultimate now Includes EA Play! [XGP, GamePass]

Upcoming games -- https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/08/05/coming-soon-xbox-game-pass-console-and-pc-august-2020/

Darksiders: Genesis (Console) – August 6
It Lurks Below (Console & PC) ID@Xbox – August 6
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan (Console) – August 6
Trailmakers (Console & PC) ID@Xbox – August 6
UnderMine (Console & PC) ID@Xbox – August 6
Xeno Crisis (Console & PC) ID@Xbox – August 6
Final Fantasy VII HD (Console & PC) – August 13

In Case You Missed It:
F1 2019 (Console & PC)
Free No Man’s Sky Update – Desolation

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks
Sea of Thieves
Get a head start in the game thanks to a free Nightshine Parrot Bundle (available August 5) of cosmetics for your character and ship, and a windfall of 10,000 gold. Perfect for new players and seasoned sailors alike! Pay tribute to a pirate’s traditional sidekick by dressing yourself in the Nightshine Parrot jacket and hat, taking up the cutlass and bedecking your vessel with the matching figurehead and sails.

Kinda interested to see how Darksiders Genesis plays. It has co-op. *cough* @BRiT

Xeno Crisis looks like a fun little shooter. Too bad it's (probably) only local co-op.

Might actually spend time playing FF7.

Microsoft/Samsung announcement

Today, we also announced Xbox is partnering with Samsung to make gaming more accessible to players around the world, via the cloud. With cloud gaming (beta) as part of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, Microsoft’s gaming subscription service, members can play Xbox games on their Xbox console, PC and Android devices using an Xbox controller. Mobile players can play over 100 high-quality Xbox games directly on their Galaxy phone or tablet.

Beginning Sept. 15, you’ll be able to experience the best of Xbox Game Pass by downloading the app from the Samsung Galaxy Store, giving you the freedom to access expansion packs, downloadable content and more. Whether it’s racing through the beautiful English countryside in Forza Horizon 4 on a new Galaxy Note20 during a lunch break, or fighting alongside your pet llama in Minecraft Dungeons on a Tab S7 at home once the workday ends, Galaxy devices provide the best way to pick up and play games directly from the cloud.

Customers who pre-order the new Galaxy Note20 have the option to select the Gaming Bundle at purchase, which includes three months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Additionally, Samsung is including the all-new Power A MOGA XP5-X Plus Bluetooth Controller with an attachable phone clip with the Gaming Bundle to ensure those Galaxy Note20 customers enjoy a great cloud gaming experience. Pre-orders begin today and cloud gaming as part of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate goes live in 22 markets in North America, Europe and South Korea beginning Sept. 15.

With Xbox Game Pass on your Samsung Galaxy, your Xbox games are always in your pocket.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...tnership-empowering-you-across-work-and-play/

The Verge is reporting there is a difference between the Samsung app & the Google Play app...

Samsung is unveiling its new Galaxy Note 20 handset today, and with it, a unique Xbox Game Pass partnership. Microsoft is partnering with Samsung to include a special version of the Xbox Game Pass app in Samsung’s Galaxy Store. This version will allow Xbox players to redeem tokens and make in-app purchases like buying skins or DLC items in the Xbox Store.

The Xbox Game Pass app available on the Google Play Store will not support these types of in-app purchases. It’s clear Microsoft and Samsung have struck a special deal, that likely undercuts the 30 percent Google asks for, to enable them exclusively for the Galaxy Store version. The deal comes just as rumors suggest Google is trying to convince Samsung to promote its own Play Store over Samsung’s alternative.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/5/2...-game-pass-partnership-android-galaxy-note-20

Tommy McClain

Given comments from earlier I know a few might be interested in Spiritfarer, ( @Silent_Buddha , @AzBat ).

New console additions to Xbox Game Pass for this week and next, https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/08...e-pass-for-pc-and-console-august-2020-wave-2/

Spiritfarer (Xbox & PC) - August 18
Battletoads (Console & PC) - August 20
Don't Starve: Giant Edition (Xbox & PC) - August 20
New Super Lucky's Tale (Xbox & PC) - August 21

Hypnospace Outlaw (Xbox & PC) - August 27
Tell Me Why: Chapter One (Xbox & PC) - August 27
Double Kick Heroes (Xbox & PC) - August 28
Wasteland 3 (Xbox & PC) - August 28

Might be getting some news on the future of Game Pass...

So Geoff Keighley had an interview with Ryan McCaffrey & Geoff compared Game Pass to basic cable.

Looks like there might be premium packages(like HBO or Showtime for cable) for Game Pass. EA Access was floated as an idea where you get all of those titles on xCloud. There's also been rumblings that Sega may be doing something similar for their titles.

Tommy McClain

New Game Pass Ultimate Perks announced today...

We are excited to share with you the news about our biggest Perk drop ever! With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks, we are focused on giving you exclusive, free in-game add-ons, consumables, and partner offers on a regular basis, to make sure you always feel rewarded. You can go redeem the Perks below TODAY in the Perks gallery via your Xbox One console, Xbox App on Windows 10 PC, or the Xbox Game Pass mobile app on iOS and Android.

XGPgamescom_inline1.jpg

Discord
Claim 3 free months of Discord Nitro! With this Perk, you can enjoy 3 months of an enhanced Discord experience normally at $9.99 a month. Take advantage of features like custom and animated emojis anywhere, animated avatars, 2 Server Boosts a month, custom profile badge, bigger upload sizes, and HD video.

XGPgamescom_inline2.jpg

Gears 5
Elevate your Gears 5 experience with the free Perks Starter Pack! Suit up with the Collector’s Winter Armor Marcus and Neon Wave Weapon skin sets, advance faster with 15 Days of boost and unlock items with a stack of 2000 Gears Coins.

XGPgamescom_inline3.jpg

Overcooked! 2
Get your sunglasses on, gather your chef squad and fire up the barbecue…IT’S TIME TO GO TO THE BEACH with the Surf ‘n’ Turf DLC! More recipes, more chefs, more kitchens! You’ll be having a whale of a time as you cook up kebab skewers and smoothies with our new friends the ever so exotic parrot chef and the fiery island chef. Go head-to-head in two scorching versus levels or combat the hungry masses as a team in one of the 12 new succulent story levels, using your trusty water pistol to clean dishes for maximum cooperation or against each other for maximum chaos…Whatever floats your boat!

XGPgamescom_inline4.jpg

Gems of War
If you’re craving the most epic Puzzle RPG game experience on your Xbox, now is the time to jump into Gems of War! This limited-time exclusive Shadow Dragon Legendary Starter Pack includes a legendary troop, a legendary weapon and a generous amount of resources to upgrade them, so you’re ready to vanquish fearsome enemies!

The fun isn’t over yet, there is still more gamescom, more games, more com… (I ran out of ways to say gamescom). What I’m trying to say is that we will have more to come! If you want to pre-install these games and claim your perks, download the Xbox Game Pass mobile app, it’s like your one-stop shop for fun stuff. And if you want in on this fun, you can get your first month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $1!

Tommy McClain

Drake Hollow was indefinitely delayed back in July, so it's release is a genuine surprise, even more so that it's on Game Pass.

Team up with friends to build and defend villages of vegetable folk from deadly feral beasts in the blighted world of The Hollow. Explore, gather, and fight! Can you craft the perfect village? Drake Hollow is available now on Xbox One.

Has anyone tried Dungeon of the Endless? It seems to be well liked on most review sites, but was curious what you thought?

I have yet to try Spiritfarer and Wastelands 3.

Has anyone tried Dungeon of the Endless? It seems to be well liked on most review sites, but was curious what you thought?

Haven't tried it since it's only on PC, but did try Spiritfarer. Kind of a weird game. Not sure it's my kind of game. If you like building stuff on a boat set in purgatory with your "soul" purpose of helping people, who are turned into spirit animals, get to the light, then it might be for you. LOL

Tommy McClain

I tried Dungeon of the Endless. I hated that game almost as much as Don't Starve. Not to my taste at all.

Haven't tried it since it's only on PC,
I tried Dungeon of the Endless. I hated that game almost as much as Don't Starve. Not to my taste at all.

Yeah, was sort of confused on this since I saw the Xbox release date in 2014 while it was only recently released on PS4. Thought a few sites have it listed as being on Console Game Pass too. The GamePass App let me install it on console.

From a clip I saw it seemed like a dungeon crawler but then I saw something about defending the ship's core, so if it's having to do both, setup defenses and explore the dungeon -- meh.

but did try Spiritfarer. Kind of a weird game. Not sure it's my kind of game. If you like building stuff on a boat set in purgatory with your "soul" purpose of helping people, who are turned into spirit animals, get to the light, then it might be for you. LOL

Yeah, it does seem like a weird and different kind of game, so wasn't sure if it's for me or not and the game play trailer didn't give me an idea of how much time is spent doing the building and sailing and how much was exploring/guiding. Sometimes a game has a premise that's barely there, sort of like Bro-Shooters with storylines and other times the premise is strongly featured.

Earlier today I finally tried Yooka-Laylee (had followed the kick-starter when it first started long ago) after it being on my must try list for so long, and I really could not stand it. I didn't have the patience for the janky camera movement nearly causing nausea and the beyond annoying character noises as voices. I'm glad I didn't spend money on it, so I could just stop playing it so early on. Had I actually bought it I'd feel compelled to play through at least half the game while likely hating it the entire week (and myself for suffering through it for so long).

Great mashup of a game. I got it way back in early access and it's changed a fair bit. Can't cheese it as much.

If you like...
  • Rogue-Likes
  • Tower Defense
  • RPGs
  • Loot collecting
  • Upgrading shit
  • Limited resources and a countdown until masses of monsters want to murder your arse
  • Trying to find the exit before said murder comes.
  • Having the lights go out when you pull you power source to take to the exit.
  • Monsters in the dark that want to eat you.
  • Those defenses? Powered by the power source you are carrying and no longer plugged into the grid.
  • You're slow as shit while carrying the power source.
  • Hope your guardian buddies (that you are in control of, upgrade, and equip) are strong enough to protect you.
  • RUUUUUUUUUUN!!!
If you like those things than this is the game for you. :) BTW - I love the game.

Regards,
SB

Great mashup of a game. I got it way back in early access and it's changed a fair bit. Can't cheese it as much.

If you like...
  • Rogue-Likes
  • Tower Defense
  • RPGs
  • Loot collecting
  • Upgrading shit

• Limited resources and a countdown until masses of monsters want to murder your arse
  • Trying to find the exit before said murder comes.
  • Having the lights go out when you pull you power source to take to the exit.
  • Monsters in the dark that want to eat you.
  • Those defenses? Powered by the power source you are carrying and no longer plugged into the grid.
  • You're slow as shit while carrying the power source.
  • Hope your guardian buddies (that you are in control of, upgrade, and equip) are strong enough to protect you.
  • RUUUUUUUUUUN!!!
If you like those things than this is the game for you. :) BTW - I love the game.

Regards,
SB
Pretty good description really. Definitely going to have different tastes :)

I actually like the first 5. I hate the last 8 with a passion. Closest I can think of that I actually liked would be some of Destiny's Raids - Vault of Glass and King's Fall, and a smattering of the Strikes. Curious what you thought of Don't Starve?

I too like the first 5 of that list and less likely to like the later aspects. The time of extreme tense situations has passed me by, I'm no longer young enough (age 13 - 30) to do well under the pressure. :LOL:

Back