Benchmark Tool like Beyond3d Suite

Digidi

Regular
Hello.

Because the Beyond3d Suite is not available, i want to know if there is another synthetic benchmark which i can buy which is equal to beyond3d Suite?

Thank you in advanced!

That is really said. I will pay 100$ for a tool like this.
Message Rhys. ;)

I don't work here or anything, just a member like you but been here a bit longer. I just happen to know from past requests that is the general answer, although if you started a thread about who would like to make you a synthetic benchmark similar to B3Ds but different you might just get a lot of takers!

I couldn't do it or I would. I only program in BASIC with line numbers or VB at times for fun, never got in to the modern languages. The again I learned to program at 12 back in 1978... :p

Ooops, take that back. I'm also fairly good with DCL/VMS, the old IBM stuff for the big iron. I used to work at US Steel in Gary in the computer department in 97-99 on their A, B, and C caster lines. Scary thing? The cluster I was working on there in the late 90s still had some of the exact same servers I broke in to back in the early 80s when our high school rented time through modems on their servers!! I got kicked out of the class second semester. Found out how to give my admin permissions on the server just perusing help files and gave everyone in the school the homework for next semester so I wouldn't have to help 'em with it. As the brighter of the two computer teachers said, "We can't prove you did it and I know you know that, but this isn't a court it's high school and I KNOW you did it because you're the only one here besides me and "x" who could do it and "x" didn't.". ("x" was a friend of mine but wasn't involved in this at all, I couldn't disagree)

Sorry for the long post, but my first one of just "No' seems a bit dickish in retrospect and I didn't mean it to be. I was just in a bad mood and in a rush and figured you'd want an answer.

Best of luck, and if you find one let me know. If I get some time this afternoon or evening I will look around for some or else people willing to whip one up and how much. My apologizes if my previous brief answer annoyed you, I didn't mean it to and us Digis gotta stick together damn it! ;)

I had plans to clean up and build a public version that broadly matches the one some press have access to, I've just never gotten round to it. Maybe in 2019 (although I said that in 2018 too I think).

Thank you Rys! My Intension was not to stress you with my post. I know you have a lot to do with your daily work. That’s why I asked for alternatives. (For me first priority is that people feel comfortable)

It’s no stress, 2020 might well roll around with no binaries in sight. That said, I have started building the new TR2 machine I’ll use for future PC graphics development and my CI system. So the computer I’ll do it all on exists, which is a start!

any reason u dont want to open source it and chuck it up on github?
At least that would allow interested parties to contribute.

I mean, obviously it could be in a pretty terrible state project wise, be full of dependencies, and plenty of other legit reasons to not put it on github.
but if it's essentially an orphaned project now???

Since NDA is lifted:
Polygon throughput with triangle strips has improved considerably compared to Vega - the more culling, the bigger the difference. Also, geometry performance with triangle lists has beend improved.

Fully drawn geometry is now faster than on GeForce and about 33% faster than on Radeon VII, fully culled geometry is still faster on GeForce still, especially with triangle strips.

Since NDA is lifted:
Polygon throughput with triangle strips has improved considerably compared to Vega - the more culling, the bigger the difference. Also, geometry performance with triangle lists has beend improved.

Fully drawn geometry is now faster than on GeForce and about 33% faster than on Radeon VII, fully culled geometry is still faster on GeForce still, especially with triangle strips.

Thank you realy much for this Information CarstenS. will we see this value in a C't article? I realy miss your deep dive articles

It’s no stress, 2020 might well roll around with no binaries in sight.
Would you be doing that right after your write-up of the mystery PowerVR chip ?

It's the mask for a chip called PMX590, which was Series 5-esque, but not unified like SGX Competition would have been NV40 and R360 (and it wouldn't have done that well, especially against NV40). Can't really say much more than that, but I'll try and get permission from the powers that be to talk about it a bit more, since it's a cloaked bit of PowerVR history.
Remember this from 2011, (8 years and still waiting) what was your excuse now, oh yes your busy doing interviews ;)
I've been too busy to do anything about it yet (hiring more B3Ders at Imagination mostly!), but I'll try and do so soon.

A few weeks ago now, I'm back at PowerVR as of last week. And yes, this is still on my list to sort out this summer (in fact I just bought myself a 5700 XT to do some work on it!).

A few weeks ago now, I'm back at PowerVR as of last week. And yes, this is still on my list to sort out this summer (in fact I just bought myself a 5700 XT to do some work on it!).
I see that you are now working for the the People's Republic of China...:runaway::runaway: /jk

Thats why he's bought himself a geforce fx series card ;)
The naming did lead me down memory lane on NV36 as it happens. Interesting GPU, and the attempt by Nvidia to spoil yesterday's Navi launch has echoes of the launch of NV36/5700 Ultra, which Nvidia used against 9600 XT back in the day (almost 16 years ago!) in a somewhat similar way.

Any news about a good benchmark Programm? I miss the old days, there were a tonns of benchmarks out. Now you have only 3dmark. And only the special benchmarks are good (API overhead, PCI 4.0)

Back