Xbox One Slim

Just to be clear, you're saying you think Microsoft will shrink to XBox One to this size???

package_575px.JPG

At some point yes , something very close to that size. Gotta see how far down in power the slim is if its using 14nm or what.

I think first on the list would be an intel nuc sized device however

Intel has a new compute stick featuring the core m3

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10447/the-intel-compute-stick-core-m36y30-review/6

15w under load

I still believe this will be the final form of the xbox one. It may take until 7nm however.

AMD wouldn't have a problem getting the CPU portion of the XBO into something that size. But the GPU portion consumes way to much for that to be feasible even with a shrink to 14/16 nm or the next node after. At least if it uses the same graphics IP. With a new graphics IP? And the node after 14 nm? For something with XBO level of performance? Maaaaaaaybe. I wouldn't hold my breath, however. At least not until we see how Vega/Navi turn out.

Regards,
SB

The price might seem a bit high at first, but the 2TB XBox One S is $399, so for $50 more you get Gears of War 4 Ultimate Edition (a $99 value) with Gears 4 Season Pass and a limited edition controller.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/07/14/int...d-edition-2tb-bundle-first-custom-xbox-one-s/

XboxOneS_LECnslCntllr_GoW4Red_Vrt_ANR_RGB_hero.png

To deliver on that promise, we unveiled new accessories like the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller – Gears of War 4 Limited Edition, and were grateful for the amazing reaction from our fans. Today, we’re excited to expand our collection of hardware and accessories even further by introducing the Xbox One S Gears of War 4 Limited Edition 2TB Bundle: the first-ever custom-designed Xbox One S bundle, revealed earlier via Mashable and available for pre-order today.

We’re always looking for ways to provide value to our customers, which is why the Xbox One S Gears of War 4 Limited Edition 2TB Bundle will be the ultimate Gears bundle, including the following:

• Gritty, battle-weathered custom Xbox One S console with a massive 2TB hard drive
  • All-new Xbox Wireless Controller – Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen Limited Edition, featuring a textured grip for enhanced comfort; our most reliable wireless signal ever, with up to two times the wireless range compared to previous controllers when used with Xbox One S; and Bluetooth radio, giving you an easy wireless connection to your Windows 10 PCs and tablets
  • 4K Ultra HD video and Blu-ray player, custom system sounds, and a vertical stand
  • High Dynamic Range support for video and games
  • Full game download of Gears of War 4: Ultimate Edition for both Xbox One and Windows 10 (featuring cross-play support in all co-op modes) – a $99 value
  • Early access to the game on Oct. 7
  • Gears of War 4 Season Pass, featuring the exclusive Vintage VIP Pack, permanent access to future multiplayer maps for private games, six additional Gear Packs including the Vintage JD Gear Pack, early previews to upcoming modes, and much more
Beyond that, fans will also receive a host of in-game content, starting with the exclusive Vintage Oscar Elite Gear Pack, which features Vintage Oscar, the Vintage Retro Lancer, Vintage Boomshot and more. We’re also throwing in the Pre-Order Vintage Del Gear Pack plus six additional Gear Packs to make sure that fans are fully stocked.

The Xbox One S Gears of War 4 Limited Edition 2TB Bundle will be available for $449 in the following markets at launch: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, and Turkey.

Lack of proper Kinect port (likely to hold true for Scorpio I'd imagine) and currently white only are pushing me away from an S.

White doesn't bother me much since my gameroom setup is a mis-mash of colored consoles anyway. It's just with Scorpio next year and me having to be a value conscious shopper, I can't justify a minor upgrade this year unless MS gives you a big trade in towards the purchase.

Heck, I may not get the Scorpio either if it doesn't really bring much to the table. I'm not very interested in VR unless something really compelling entices me.

Yeah that doesn't look good, but I'm a hoping for a more streamlined/power reduced Kinect that only uses a single USB port by the time Scorpio is released.

Tommy McClain

Yeah that doesn't look good, but I'm a hoping for a more streamlined/power reduced Kinect that only uses a single USB port by the time Scorpio is released.

Tommy McClain

I guess I shouldn't assume that everyone's setup would accommodate keeping the adapter out of sight.

Not interested in another wall-plug power adapter sucking up power 24/7, even when things are "off".

Not that this makes things better with regards to the adapter.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Acc...CH=RV-_-rv_search_plp_rr-_-NA-_-202353566-_-N

But I use some of those to control that when something is supposed to be off, it is OFF. I have one connected to a power strip with various electronics. One connected to a torchiere floor lamp so I don't have to get up to turn it off and on. And the last connected to a lamp by the bathroom so I don't have to have a night light constantly using electricity. :D It still sips some electricity but in the case of the power strip and replacement for a night light a lot less than all those other devices would when plugged in. And in the case of the floor lamp, it's just incredibly convenient.

Regards,
SB

They couldn't use power from the internal power supply? I understand if a device was not planned and goes beyond design specs, they have to add an external PS after the facts, but this is a known device.

They couldn't use power from the internal power supply? I understand if a device was not planned and goes beyond design specs, they have to add an external PS after the facts, but this is a known device.

That might have added an extra $0.05 to the BOM.

I guess I shouldn't assume that everyone's setup would accommodate keeping the adapter out of sight.

Not really that so much. I have a setup that probably could hide it well, but I just like the simplicity of a 1 cable connection. Seems a step backwards to go from 1 cable to multiple cables. Plus, in order to get the free cable adapter it seems you need both your original XB1 & the new system to get the serial numbers. I would need to sell my old system first in order to afford the newer system. So I would need have to buy the adapter plus the new system. For the extra $40-$50 I was hoping I could put that toward a streamlined Kinect instead.

Tommy McClain

Back