PS4 Pro Speculation (PS4K NEO Kaio-Ken-Kutaragi-Kaz Neo-san)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could render at 1440p and output at 1080p no?

Yah, but why render at 1440p when the install base using that resolution is probably less than 1%. They'd probably want to pick 1080p or a resolution that can scale to 4k without artifacts(1080p is 1/4 of 4k).

Yah, but why render at 1440p when the install base using that resolution is probably less than 1%. They'd probably want to pick 1080p or a resolution that can scale to 4k without artifacts(1080p is 1/4 of 4k).

Because what I am taking from these leaks is that most of the extra power is going to end up going towards a resolution bump. And a lot of games are already running at 1080 on PS4 now. If COD runs at 1080p/60fps on ps4 now where else is the extra juice going to go? I don't think developers/publishers are going to take time and mess around with other settings.

If COD runs at 1080p/60fps

"60"

emot-turianass-gif.1106

Yep. Make it run rock solid on PS4 and then scale the graphics up on PS4 Neo. It will literally be the same CPU and GPU architecture and the same SDK and the same executable. So I won't say that it's easy, but it's nothing like supporting two different architectures. Optimize the base model like crazy and everything that you get out of the Neo model is a cherry on top.

I think it will be different the performance of game on base model will be bad and pretty good on new model.

I cancel my PSVR preorder not very happy with Sony decision...

Like 720p TVs...
720p is better for non full hd tv signals.And its contrast is very very good.
Anyway i like tech, marvellous things like an Iphone, and saying I like it wont make automatically I will buy one,in fact i have always used Android phones.I hope next time you say Nasa is great you show us your rocket.

Last edited:
I am curious whether this rules out a 14nm variant of Orbis. There's still the part of the market that slim models have typically targeted with cheaper, smaller, and quieter models. The upclock and GPU expansion would seemingly hurt on all those counts.
Has the current gen somehow already cut into this? Does the 28nm PS4 serve as the volume play?

In theory, a Neo in legacy mode could act much like a slim model in terms of thermals, but unless the box and cooling solution can grow and shrink on the fly the product cannot reflect that externally.

Making it awesome first on PS4 and turn everything to 11 on PS4K.
1080p on PS4? 4K on PS4K. Don't have 4K tv, great, enjoy your VSR. Not enough? Remember those PC extreme settings that seems to only slightly improve image quality but cost a lot of fps? Now you can have that extreme quality for free (compared to PS4 of course)!
Still got left over CU? Don't worry, just throw moar particles. More silky smooth hair, tressfx for mustache, beard, and eyebrows and even nose hair!
Obviously this is all a covert attempt by ND to get Drake chest hair in the game.

Because what I am taking from these leaks is that most of the extra power is going to end up going towards a resolution bump. And a lot of games are already running at 1080 on PS4 now. If COD runs at 1080p/60fps on ps4 now where else is the extra juice going to go? I don't think developers/publishers are going to take time and mess around with other settings.

Lots of stuff to do with GPU power besides a resolution bump.

I am curious whether this rules out a 14nm variant of Orbis. There's still the part of the market that slim models have typically targeted with cheaper, smaller, and quieter models. The upclock and GPU expansion would seemingly hurt on all those counts.
Has the current gen somehow already cut into this? Does the 28nm PS4 serve as the volume play?

In theory, a Neo in legacy mode could act much like a slim model in terms of thermals, but unless the box and cooling solution can grow and shrink on the fly the product cannot reflect that externally.
I'm expecting it to be slightly smaller than PS4.

The same thing happened to PS2; later models were more powerful than the first model (even if only 5%); the very first model had trouble with ICO when you enabled all filters: it would have severe slowdown.

I have finally come to terms with the news, and I am ready for PS4K.

There will be a huge gap now, although it wouldn't surprise me if MS released another Xbox as well and in line with PSK4 so we'de end up with a 720p console (X1), 900p (PS4) and 1080p (XB1+, PS4+)
And they could actually use the opportunity to get the performance lead again. That'd be the liveliest outcome this gen can offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back