Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

In this video Richard Marks confirms that Playstation Move is tracked more accurately with the Playstation 4 and the PS camera, @2:16:

I like the idea of (@2:35) looking down at the controller and being told what buttons do what. Also, I have one of these but looking at that footage makes me want to get another;

sony_move_gun.jpg

Preorder are live, wait no they're gone.

At least they are making the preorders in waves until launch, that probably allows them enough time to adjust production if they can gauge demand 6 months in advance. The balance between bundles and core SKUs is going to be interesting, too.

Preorder are live, wait no they're gone.
I would pre-order some Move controllers (in stock on Amazon UK) but I'm not sure what I should buy. Watching Media Molecule play Dreams I can see they're using two Move controllers (the one with the glowing ball) and not the Move Navigation controller (no light ball). Will games need the Navigation controller or should I grab two glowing ball controllers? :-?

edit: sod it, I've ordered two glowing ball controllers and Sony's charging station.

you do realise they are £10 in CEX?
New or second hand?

edit: how the hell do you use the DS4 with one hand? I've got fairly large hands but can't get sufficient grip with one hand and still free a finger or thumb to use a stick, trigger and button.

2nd hand but 2 year warranty - don't know about holding DS4 mate, was going to check tonight...used to be ok with DS3 but I guess that was smaller

2nd hand but 2 year warranty - don't know about holding DS4 mate, was going to check tonight...used to be ok with DS3 but I guess that was smaller
I've had a play and I've found a grip where I can comfortably (for a while at least) hold the DS4 using the left grip so my thumb can access the left stick of the d-pay, or the right grip where my thumb can access the right stick or the face buttons but neither are good for L1/L2/R1/R2 and the angle is oblique so I've be surprised if the camera could track the controller well - or not at all if I'm waving my about about.

I can always invest in the Navigation controller but I think if a game requires that configuration I'd just use the DS4. I can really only see myself using PSVR with the two light-ball controllers so I can prance about in my living my like some demented clown with lights on my hands and head.

I thought new technology was supposed to make us look cool! :nope:

Last edited by a moderator:
New or second hand?

edit: how the hell do you use the DS4 with one hand? I've got fairly large hands but can't get sufficient grip with one hand and still free a finger or thumb to use a stick, trigger and button.

Try, it's not that bad. And you can always rest it on your lap of course.

I do have a navigation controller lying around but it wasn't a huge win.

I've had a play and I've found a grip where I can comfortably (for a while at least) hold the DS4 using the left grip so my thumb can access the left stick of the d-pay, or the right grip where my thumb can access the right stick or the face buttons but neither are good for L1/L2/R1/R2 and the angle is oblique so I've be surprised if the camera could track the controller well - or not at all if I'm waving my about about.

I can always invest in the Navigation controller but I think if a game requires that configuration I'd just use the DS4. I can really only see myself using PSVR with the two light-ball controllers so I can prance about in my living my like some demented clown with lights on my hands and head.

I thought new technology was supposed to make us look cool! :nope:
It just takes time for it to catch on, it wasn't that long ago that walking down the road talking to to your hand was considered crazy......

Back