Doom [2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god for no aim down sights. Can't have a proper fast paced FPS with ADS.

Looking forward to rocket juggling people. Assuming my reflexes are even half of what they used to be, which may not be the case at my age. :D

On thing I really don't like for multiplayer, however, is the melee kill animations. That completely ruins the flow and is likely to get you killed. Fine for single player but absolute crap for MP, IMO. So much better if you can melee kill someone and keep moving without stopping. It'd be even worse if you become invincible during the kill animation. That, IMO, would be the epitome of pure crap.

Oh well, they "almost" got the old school multiplayer FPS feel. Perhaps there will be an option to toggle it off. Or maybe someone on the internet will mod it out and host servers without that "feature."

Speaking of which, there better F-ing be a server browse list. I'm going to rage so hard if there isn't. If there isn't then this isn't even going to hold a candle to Q2, UT, or Q3.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/doom_closed_alpha_requirements_announced/1

System requirements for the closed alpha:

Minimum Spec (720p)

• 64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8.1
  • Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better / AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better
  • 8 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB VRAM) / AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB VRAM)
  • 6GB HDD space
  • Steam account
  • High speed internet connection

Recommended Spec (1080p)

• 64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8.1
  • Intel Core i7 @ 3.4GHz or better / AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHz or better
  • 8GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3GB or more VRAM) / AMD Radeon R9 280 (3GB or more VRAM)
  • 6GB HDD space
  • Steam account
  • High speed internet connection

Multiplayer gameplay footage is out:

http://wccftech.com/doom-closed-alpha-multiplayer-gameplay-video/

Quake 3 Arena with modern day graphics anyone?

YES !!!! But what I hate in there is the special power stuff, will totally kill the match ! Why can't we just have Q3 style simple gameplay back? Everyone is the same, and stays the same , please ! Why do the matches have ti turn unbalanced after the midpoint of the match ? COD kill streaks: you did this to us all /rant

The game is more doom than quake. I think that's about as much as I can say without breaking NDA. I do have fun playing it.

Doom alpha is a horrible game experience. It is a total graphical hell compared to any modern game. They strugle to revise the multiplayer aspects by introducing standard load outs and having some custom load outs. This is similar to the way COD/TitanFall has various custom loadouts when you spawn. They desperately try to introduce melee and custom assassinations which is so trashy compared to all modern games that have it. They also struggled to introduce climbing of various parts of the level. It feels like they're struggling to modernize the 16 year old Quake3 game.

I cant imagine the game doing well at all if the single player has the same horrible game mechanics and graphics as the multiplayer.

Best online fps experience for me since years!

TDM, one map.

Quite fast. Like Quake (quad damage ftw).

Weapons are great.

Oldschool but thus feels so fresh!

I love it.
60 fps too? I haven't tried it, but this might be the only game I WANT and need to have 1st day in the entire 2016. It's a Doom. So, yeah, I want it!! :) I recently got Wolfenstein: The New Order and Old Blood in a sale, and those are also very old skhool with a priceless campaign.

Doom alpha is a horrible game experience. It is a total graphical hell compared to any modern game. They strugle to revise the multiplayer aspects by introducing standard load outs and having some custom load outs. This is similar to the way COD/TitanFall has various custom loadouts when you spawn. They desperately try to introduce melee and custom assassinations which is so trashy compared to all modern games that have it. They also struggled to introduce climbing of various parts of the level. It feels like they're struggling to modernize the 16 year old Quake3 game.

I cant imagine the game doing well at all if the single player has the same horrible game mechanics and graphics as the multiplayer.
Goddamn it.

Joke post???

I didn't want to try it since the videos just didn't look that great, but the conflicting opinions make me want to. I'm a huge fan of doom(the originals ;)), and I've been playing a lot of quake live recently, so I think I'll be in a pretty good position to judge it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back