doom_screenshot_2.jpg

doom_screenshot_3.jpg

doom_screenshot_4.jpg

doom_screenshot_5.jpg

doom_screenshot_6.jpg

doom_screenshot_7.jpg

doom_screenshot_8.jpg

doom_screenshot_9.jpg

It seems they've heavily toned down the ugly colour grading / piss filter that was present, and now everything comes alive with a wider palette of colours. I think it looks much better now.

I heavily doubt those are Console game pictures. I reserve judgment until seeing actual console game play videos.

Hell yes:)! Love the look of the screens, is it safe to assume they're gonna do a new gameplay blow out soon since the magz is rolling out info now?

I don't really see why the final game wouldn't look like that to be honest. The aggressive dof is obviously gonna get axed for gameplay reasons, and I also don't expect pitch perfect AA like in those pics. But other than that, I don't really see what's so off-the-charts breathtaking here. I mean it does look really cool, but so do a ton of other games on these consoles.

I don't really see why the final game wouldn't look like that to be honest. The aggressive dof is obviously gonna get axed for gameplay reasons, and I also don't expect pitch perfect AA like in those pics. But other than that, I don't really see what's so off-the-charts breathtaking here. I mean it does look really cool, but so do a ton of other games on these consoles.

I meant the super duper perfect bullshot AA and AF. Dunno what everyone else was referring to, but that's what I meant.

I'm just so happy we have colors again. The original Doom was a rather colorful game, especially considering the subject matter. Not often you see neon blues in Hell.

75X SSAA!!!!! And I think some other post processing too.

But it does look interesting.

Apparently, only mods via SnapMap will be supported. I don't know if that is gonna sit well with PC crowd.

Does this mean that the Console game will support mods? Or is that a PC only feature?

The pc master race will find a way ^^

Which has nothing at all to do with the Console version of Doom. Please be considerate as to which section of the forums you're posting in.

Which has nothing at all to do with the Console version of Doom. Please be considerate as to which section of the forums you're posting in.

I was replying to DieH@rd, but please don't take offense, I don't even have a gaming pc but a ps4.

Does this mean that the Console game will support mods? Or is that a PC only feature?
It looks to me like all systems will have the same support, the ability to create levels from pre made blocks and fill them with pre made objects
and perhaps change some variables via sliders. but thats all, there will be no sourcecode release.

Last edited:
I meant the super duper perfect bullshot AA and AF. Dunno what everyone else was referring to, but that's what I meant.

I'm just so happy we have colors again. The original Doom was a rather colorful game, especially considering the subject matter. Not often you see neon blues in Hell.

Sure thing. I just think expecting it to look "way worse" is a little premature considering how good fast post AA solutions have become over the last couple of years. Bethesda actually has a pretty damn good solution to the problem ready to go. FO4 may not be the biggest looker, but iq-wise it's damn near spotless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back