Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

does anyone know if Brutal level means no more bullet sponges? I love the hardest level in LoU so if it's similar that would be an awsome addition! Just a shame I'd have to play each game twice!

I'm guessing enemies are gonna be extra spongy on brutal. Most of the mechanics that get adjusted in TLoU when you change difficulties are either absent from Uncharted (x ray vision, crafting, how aware the enemies are) or at the very least totally different (med kits vs health regen).

Last edited:
From what i've seen of Brutal it seems more like you get killed with 1-2 shots instead of having to spend 2 minutes shooting at enemies. They die with one shot if you get a headshot. Speaking of headshots, aiming is definitely improved in the first game, I've scored over 300 headshots so far and i am not even finished with the first playthrough.

sounds great - well things will be improved because of DS4 alone...the accuracy is much better!

My special edition turned up today and have the digital version pre-ordered lol

Locked 60 throughout the collection after the day 1 patch according to NX gamer

Certainly was my experience with Drake's Fortune, i didn't notice any dips at all.

My special edition turned up today and have the digital version pre-ordered lol
You should be able to cancel the digital one. Amazon have mine out for delivery now although it's with Amazon Logistics so that may not be accurate. I would be super happy to get it today! :)

I want the digital version...I always get the digital version of games I've no plans on selling :)
The install size is just too damn big for me. Uncharted is the kind of game I'll play through once a year and I have a lot of such games and I'll uninstall them between playthroughs. It's the size of game I'll want on the shelf so I can install it in a few minutes when the urge takes me.

yeah, I mentioned before my 1TB is getting tight...was thinking about 2TB but for now will fight the fires. I'm sure if I was hard an deleted the toot, recorded footage and disk based games I'll be fine for a bit longer...I really hope Sony allow external HDDs, be nice for the less played games to sit on that.

yeah, I mentioned before my 1TB is getting tight...was thinking about 2TB but for now will fight the fires.
When I bought the PS4 I imposed a rule on myself that I'd buy on disc any games larger than 25Gb for this reason - at least until I got fibre which I now know will be years away because I'm on an exchange only line so fibre isn't possible. I've since revised my rule to 30Gb which is working well for me. I can clear out a few hundred gig and I think by the time my 1Tb gets tight I'll be moving to a 3Tb or 4Tb HDD anyway.

But huzzah my copy of Uncharted just arrived and the Battlefront beta has almost finished downloading so I have a serious first world problem/decision to resolve! :yes:

edit: oh and I see 1Gb patch for Uncharted. Problems like this can only be resolved with crispy duck.

Last edited by a moderator:
any screenshots for U3 cut scenes? I want to see if they have fixed this up

8yqeQ6Z.jpg

Or at least looks better

When I bought the PS4 I imposed a rule on myself that I'd buy on disc any games larger than 25Gb for this reason - at least until I got fibre which I now know will be years away because I'm on an exchange only line so fibre isn't possible. I've since revised my rule to 30Gb which is working well for me. I can clear out a few hundred gig and I think by the time my 1Tb gets tight I'll be moving to a 3Tb or 4Tb HDD anyway.

But huzzah my copy of Uncharted just arrived and the Battlefront beta has almost finished downloading so I have a serious first world problem/decision to resolve! :yes:

edit: oh and I see 1Gb patch for Uncharted. Problems like this can only be resolved with crispy duck.

You can't play from an external drive on the PS4. But I thought you could back up games to an external drive since the 2.50 update.

edit: Never mind, I see PS4 doesn't offer any fine control over backing and restoring individual titles.

Last edited:
Clean out the games you don't want to keep and backup the rest, is probably as efficient as selecting which titles to backup?

I don't think I have the day one patch yet. But am really enjoying playing the original again! It really holds up well in terms of loving the characters and the gameplay has been improved a lot by my basically only gripe about the original games, which is having to wait with shooting until the hit animation is over. Now I can just shoot someone in the leg twice and he falls over appropriately.

You can't play from an external drive on the PS4. But I thought you could back up games to an external drive since the 2.50 update.

edit: Never mind, I see PS4 doesn't offer any fine control over backing and restoring individual titles.

At least imo, Sony could provide us with an easy backup of individual titles, if they are not good enough to offer full USB HDD support like X1.
Instead, they keep releasing updates where for 99% of the 'features' no one cares :(

I wish for a future super consoles, where Sony only does the hardware and MS all software related stuff! I have a dream...

It's possible that they'll release the games individually for a lower price later on (only in digital form). The trophies in the game state that they are three individual games rather than one remaster split in three. Uncharted 2 looks great in the collection:
21429253483_76e9af91ca_o.jpg

21863496409_3d9799d154_o.jpg

21427556544_cc4648ef80_o.jpg

Last edited:
But that would be just one chapter I guess. Man this is gonna be slow for me T_T

Nah, I've played about 5-6 chapters without the game asking for the download to finish, it never did actually. I am guessing it's more than half the first game before it asks you to keep downloading?

Back